CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Denmark wildcamping / LPG etc (INFO)

Member Number

Denmark wildcamping / LPG etc (INFO)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi

Just been in Denmark for 2 weeks and "wild camped" every night. When I was asking for information I heard from many sources that "wild camping" isn't allowed and is illegal. Well - thats wrong ish.

Wild camping, as in "camping", as in getting out chairs/tables/BBQ etc is illegal.

Wild camping, as in simply "overnight parking" is permitted unless it says otherwise.

(We only ever "park overnight")

There are many signs with a tent/caravan crossed out - this means "no camping" - overnight parking still is fine.

There are some signs, fewer, with a motorhome crossed out, or "no overnight parking", or similar where its clear you can't stay.

But generally, absolutely no problems whatsoever anywhere.

In addition there are many water/waste points (free) - enough for us anyway - though these aren't listed in "All the Aires" or bordatlas or camperstop! Weird - only found these last week and glad we did! Details here: Vand / Wasser / Water

Probably got another 10 days in Denmark before thinking about coming home.

So don't let the formal "no wildcamping" put you off Denmark - just use your eyes and common sense!

/says he sitting next to marina/sea; fresh tap; chemical waste; and free wifi from the marina! (ok - using my long range aerial but hey!)

Finally - the GPS database I have on my site for LPG seems better than the one in "All the aires" - and there seem to be "enough" LPG stations around.

Our blog for this trip is here: Trip 07 – Holland, Germany and Denmark >

Hope this is useful for some!

edit: Forgot to add, our GPS locations for our wild camping spots are here: http://www.doyourdream.co.uk/resourc...ping-database/ (continually updated)
    Last edited by activecampers; 05-09-2010 at 16:38.
    Full details of our 1000+ nights away in the van in Europe, Morocco as well as backpacking in Asia, with hints/tips/costs and GPS POIs see our blog at Do Your Dream!
    Likes Oasis, N/A, snowbirds, fairytooth, witzend liked this post

Lovingstone Guest

Denmark

Hi
    Everything you write is completely true. If you can't find a place, use our farms. Some are free. Some cost a little. see them on DACF2
    Likes snowbirds, N/A, witzend liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    TEC640R
    Hi Activecampers, Have you been to ROMO, on the North sea. A great sand bank island. I have spent a lot of time there on weekends. You can drive right on the sands and park up for the day, tables and chairs out if you wish. Only thing is you have to be off the sands by 21:00 as no overnighting is permitted. Great sunsets. I agree, there are many places you can just pull in for the night. Very safe country to be in.

flower3bird Guest
    We are off to Denmark in May so I am just doing a bit of forward reading. When we went there a couple of years back we did the east islands (Copenhagen etc), but this time will be on the west mainland peninsular. Last time we found it megga difficult to get LPG so are you SURE that we will find it on the mainland? As we only have LPG fitted gas tanks it is sort of critical.

I am very interested in what you are alluding to about finding it on your GPS. Please tell more?

We will naturally fill up before entering Denmark but as we will be there for a month we will probably need to refill somewhere along the way.

Lovingstone Guest

LPG in Denmark

You can only buy LPG 6 places in Denmark. 3 in Jylland, 2 in Fyn, and 1 place in Sjaelland.

LPG - EOF

We Mobile owners in DK are often driving to Harrislee in Germany 1-2 km. from the border, where we can buy LPG for near half price.

Färber Gas GmbH
    Wester allee 143 - 24941 Flensburg

N:54° 46' 51'' - E: 9° 23' 47''

Well - we are also buying beers there for near half price ;-)
    Last edited by Lovingstone; 22-02-2012 at 09:02.
    Likes HAUL83, snowbirds liked this post

flower3bird Guest
    Some REALLY useful links and stuff here folks - thanks a bundle.

flower3bird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovingstone View Post
    Hi
    Everything you write is completely true. If you can't find a place, use our farms. Some are free. Some cost a little. see them on DACF2
    Hi. I have just looked at the link DACF and it is excellant - thanks. Can you tell me though please what do the words 'pladser' and 'Bondegarde' mean?

thank you

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner T604 Harmony
    Quote Originally Posted by flower3bird View Post
    Hi. I have just looked at the link DACF and it is excellant - thanks. Can you tell me though please what do the words 'pladser' and 'Bondegarde' mean?

thank you
    Pladser means places or locations
    Bondegarde means farm

flower3bird Guest
    Gret thanks. So can you stop over night at Pladsers then?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW Crafter conversion
    HAUL83 - you could always use Google Translate for many translations - it even speaks the words out - great.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information