CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neath Valley

matthew123 Guest

Neath Valley

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I cannot understand why there are no threads containing the Neath Valley. You would not find a more scenic place than Ysradfellte with its roads either up to Penderyn or go west towards Heol Senni.There are views of Fan Nedd and the Fan Hir plus the waterfalls. The road towards Penderyn offers plenty of spots to stop out in the middle of nowhere.If you take the Heol Senni road there is a laybye on the right down by the river in the shadow of Fan Llia. All stunning places and well worth a visit .
    Likes - N/A, Myrkk liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    I travel there twp or three times a year and love the place and the people. I also like to stay at least one night at the red kyte feeding station, fan-bloody-tastic.
    But why do you want a thread aqbout it? Once people get to know about this place it will be thick with campers and dare I say it tin tenters. I like it just as it is with not too many people around so that it can remain peacefull and serene.

matthew123 Guest

Fair comment

Quote Originally Posted by donkey too View Post
    I travel there twp or three times a year and love the place and the people. I also like to stay at least one night at the red kyte feeding station, fan-bloody-tastic.
    But why do you want a thread aqbout it? Once people get to know about this place it will be thick with campers and dare I say it tin tenters. I like it just as it is with not too many people around so that it can remain peacefull and serene.
    Fair comment and point taken.

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey too View Post
    too late mate, secret's out

GeoNomad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew123 View Post
    Neath Valley. You would not find a more scenic place than Ysradfellte with its roads either up to Penderyn or go west towards Heol Senni.There are views of Fan Nedd and the Fan Hir plus the waterfalls. The road towards Penderyn offers plenty of spots to stop out in the middle of nowhere.If you take the Heol Senni road there is a laybye on the right down by the river in the shadow of Fan Llia. All stunning places and well worth a visit .
    Excellent timing Matthew! There I was near Abergevanny wondering which way to go on Sunday morning. I read your message and off I went. Had a great couple of days of paragliding at Heol Senni in good flying conditions. Wonderful weather - is it always like this?

I found the site by the river and will post the coordinates later when I download the GPS data. Nice spot. Good for tents as well as campervans.

Peter
    Peter's Paragliding Nomadness

ian2011 Guest

Ok

Isnt that the point of this website....to share these out of the way places?

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ian2011 View Post
    Isnt that the point of this website....to share these out of the way places?
    was just about to post similar then i read your reply , if new locations wasn't posted then there wouldn't be such a great poi data bace

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chipie View Post
    was just about to post similar then i read your reply , if new locations wasn't posted then there wouldn't be such a great poi data bace
    But some of us have a few of our own secret hide aways, which we don't share. Not with everyone anyway. I have about half a dozen places where I can bolt to and have no fear of having another van parked next to me. I am not being meen or anything. I am not unsociable as plenty on here will testify, I just like my peace and quiet sometimes. Once I get to know you I might be inclined to share one or two with you, but would only do so on the understanding that they are not divulged to all and sundry.
    Brandon Annual Meet at Ram High Street 22nd - 24th July 2016

steco1958 Guest
    Its never been a secret !!

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Need to be in wales Tomorow eve for family thing so was looking for somewhere to go. On the way now to check out the falls. Any specific good places to park overnight? Don't want to hunt in the dark but want to go for a walk first

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information