CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Neath Valley

  1. #1
    matthew123 Guest

    Neath Valley



    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I cannot understand why there are no threads containing the Neath Valley. You would not find a more scenic place than Ysradfellte with its roads either up to Penderyn or go west towards Heol Senni.There are views of Fan Nedd and the Fan Hir plus the waterfalls. The road towards Penderyn offers plenty of spots to stop out in the middle of nowhere.If you take the Heol Senni road there is a laybye on the right down by the river in the shadow of Fan Llia. All stunning places and well worth a visit .
    Likes - N/A, Myrkk liked this post

  2. #2

    Member Number:
    15406
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brandon in Thetford Fores
    Posts
    2,005
    Prize Draw Entries
    20
    I travel there twp or three times a year and love the place and the people. I also like to stay at least one night at the red kyte feeding station, fan-bloody-tastic.
    But why do you want a thread aqbout it? Once people get to know about this place it will be thick with campers and dare I say it tin tenters. I like it just as it is with not too many people around so that it can remain peacefull and serene.

  3. #3
    matthew123 Guest

    Fair comment

    Quote Originally Posted by donkey too View Post
    I travel there twp or three times a year and love the place and the people. I also like to stay at least one night at the red kyte feeding station, fan-bloody-tastic.
    But why do you want a thread aqbout it? Once people get to know about this place it will be thick with campers and dare I say it tin tenters. I like it just as it is with not too many people around so that it can remain peacefull and serene.
    Fair comment and point taken.

  4. #4

    Member Number:
    8656
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    surrey
    Posts
    275
    Prize Draw Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey too View Post
    I travel there twp or three times a year and love the place and the people. I also like to stay at least one night at the red kyte feeding station, fan-bloody-tastic.
    But why do you want a thread aqbout it? Once people get to know about this place it will be thick with campers and dare I say it tin tenters. I like it just as it is with not too many people around so that it can remain peacefull and serene.
    too late mate, secret's out

  5. #5
    GeoNomad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew123 View Post
    Neath Valley. You would not find a more scenic place than Ysradfellte with its roads either up to Penderyn or go west towards Heol Senni.There are views of Fan Nedd and the Fan Hir plus the waterfalls. The road towards Penderyn offers plenty of spots to stop out in the middle of nowhere.If you take the Heol Senni road there is a laybye on the right down by the river in the shadow of Fan Llia. All stunning places and well worth a visit .
    Excellent timing Matthew! There I was near Abergevanny wondering which way to go on Sunday morning. I read your message and off I went. Had a great couple of days of paragliding at Heol Senni in good flying conditions. Wonderful weather - is it always like this?

    I found the site by the river and will post the coordinates later when I download the GPS data. Nice spot. Good for tents as well as campervans.

    Peter
    Peter's Paragliding Nomadness

  6. #6
    ian2011 Guest

    Ok

    Isnt that the point of this website....to share these out of the way places?

  7. #7

    Member Number:
    14011
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    scunthorpe
    Posts
    39
    Prize Draw Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by ian2011 View Post
    Isnt that the point of this website....to share these out of the way places?
    was just about to post similar then i read your reply , if new locations wasn't posted then there wouldn't be such a great poi data bace

  8. #8

    Member Number:
    15406
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brandon in Thetford Fores
    Posts
    2,005
    Prize Draw Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by chipie View Post
    was just about to post similar then i read your reply , if new locations wasn't posted then there wouldn't be such a great poi data bace
    But some of us have a few of our own secret hide aways, which we don't share. Not with everyone anyway. I have about half a dozen places where I can bolt to and have no fear of having another van parked next to me. I am not being meen or anything. I am not unsociable as plenty on here will testify, I just like my peace and quiet sometimes. Once I get to know you I might be inclined to share one or two with you, but would only do so on the understanding that they are not divulged to all and sundry.
    Brandon Annual Meet at Ram High Street 22nd - 24th July 2016

  9. #9
    steco1958 Guest
    Its never been a secret !!

  10. #10

    Member Number:
    16149
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    257
    Prize Draw Entries
    5
    Need to be in wales Tomorow eve for family thing so was looking for somewhere to go. On the way now to check out the falls. Any specific good places to park overnight? Don't want to hunt in the dark but want to go for a walk first

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •