PDA

View Full Version : motorhome stop

GARY ENGLISH
30-01-2007, 13:12
Has any one used the motorhome stop at Tintagel, or have any information .Heard about it on caravan programme,also meant to be one at Canterbury.

Graham Hadfield
30-01-2007, 15:45
Hello Gary,

There are details of both "you know where". Won't mention the web site :)

No personal knowledge but I think the Tintagel place must be non-council because North Cornwall council told me they don't allow overnight parking - but the person who told me about the car park "opposite the National Trust PO" reckons there is actually a sign which says overnighting is allowed.

The North Cornwall council car park in Tintagel is in Bossiney Road - do a Flash Earth search for "PL34 0AJ" using the Microsoft VE (labels) maps. I think the one which allows overnighting must be the one in Fore Street, north west of the council one - but as I say I have no personal local knowledge.

Graham

grath
30-01-2007, 17:30
Hi Gary,
I have read something very recent about overnighting in Tintagel. Could have been in MMM or Practical Motorhome or this site.
I seem to remember that u could park right by the Castle enterance .
Maybe another member has read this & can confirm more details.
It stuck in my mind because I was suprised that It was permited!
regards graham:confused:

Graham Hadfield
30-01-2007, 18:15
Just looked at MMM and Practical Motorhome quickly but couldn't spot anything so I did a Google search.

See the UKmotorhomes.net Stopovers page Here (http://www.ukmotorhomes.net/ukaires.shtml) for details of Canterbury, Tintagel and others.

Graham

grath
30-01-2007, 18:21
Thanks Graham, I new I had seen it somewhere!:)

AfterTime
24-03-2007, 12:57
Thanks Graham, I new I had seen it somewhere!:)

Hi, Just come back up yesterday, Overnight 3.00 (enter reg no. in pay machine)
(one MH still there from previous night)

Through the day, double the car charge. Anyone staying must try the CORNISH pasties, fresh baked 30yds to the right, cor ...the size !!.
diddn't stay overnight tho as we were booked in about 5 mins away. (going to enter that site into the database, if it's not already there).

Worth a visit
Wilf

David & Ann
24-03-2007, 17:36
Wilf got it right. King Arthur's car park. 3.00 or 3.50 from 16:30 to 10:00 next morning. Enter Reg, pay money. Pasties, yes, real beauties but pricey. 2.75 each. Regards parking down by the Castle, I am not quite sure, but I would think it is not permitted. Camping proper, go past the entrance leading down to the castle, follow the road to the very end. They have a proper campsite. I think it is expensive, perhaps because it is seasonal.

mark7
16-08-2007, 21:30
hi all....there are 3 carpark, one is 2.00 the nite but on grass and when i ws there it was wet. i stayed in the sord in the stone carpark, 1.00 per day and 3.50 the nite. i stayed 3nite in all and traveled around from there. always a few vans there and a loo block over the road. thats the way it should be. did stay a nite on the caravan club site up the road and what a great site....
Mark

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS