PDA

View Full Version : Mevagisy

autosleeper
30-01-2007, 20:26
We were allowed to park in the main car park, overnight, at Mevagisy but it was in April, last year, not in the main holiday season.

nowadays
09-10-2008, 13:37
the first car park as you approach Mevagissey allows overnight camping and charge a fiver- quite provate too as they direct you to behind the back of the out buildings. You can stay until 10a.m and i found the attendants very friendly!

hollyhymer
15-01-2009, 12:32
the first car park as you approach Mevagissey allows overnight camping and charge a fiver- quite provate too as they direct you to behind the back of the out buildings. You can stay until 10a.m and i found the attendants very friendly!

Does anyone know if this still stands,as we will be passing through Mevagissey in March,and hope to stay there overnight...i believe its called Willows car park !!

Have read different things about being allowed to sleep there o/night,so would really value your replys.

thanks
Holly.

zippybo
04-02-2009, 15:45
Hiya.
Yes, you can park all day (and overnight) in the first car park as you arrive in Mevagissey, as I have done several times over the last year now. The post from Nowadays, relates to me also, as she's my partner in crime, and we have had many a happy time overnighting here and going out to the pubs and strolling the lovely harbour of Mevagissey.

I was there and stayed overnight only last weekend and it is winter tarriff at present; which means it will cost you the bargain price of 3. You usually have to leave by 10am, but the car park attendants are usually quite cool and give you around 40 mins grace, should you need to sleep off one-too-many beers from the night before (try 'The Ship' or 'The Harbour Tavern' for excellent real ales- and food in 'The Ship'). The attendants really are a friendly bunch by the way :) Last week there was no rush to arrive or to leave as the attendants, who were there all last summer, were not working (well it is winter folks). Don't worry about this though, you just pay on the coin machine, where it clearly states an overnight tarriff for motorhomes. As I understand, it's a privately owned car park (and therefore not council) which means that these guys have seen sense, and allow overnighting :)

Ps, when you arrive, drive around the back of the outbuildings (behind the touristy type clothes shop, that you will see on your right when you immediately arrive into the car park). There is a nice tarmac spot there with shelter provided from the outbuildings and away from the other cars, so it's really cosy and private.
Happy Wilding :)

hollyhymer
05-02-2009, 05:51
Thanks for that info...we are passing through on our way to Padstow where we will be for the season...and hope to go back again for Mevagissey Feast week later on..:)

We remembered the car park from when we went last year,and thought it would be a ideal spot...

You sound like youve had some good times there too.:)

Holly..

zippybo
16-02-2009, 21:59
Thanks. Was there again this weekend and it was really nice as always. Fired up the generator in the car park and was wild-away! Thanks for mentioning the 'Mevagissey Feast Week' in June by the way :) I had no idea anything like this was taking place and I'll be checking this out for sure... any excuse for me to come to Mevagissey I find :)

nowadays
17-08-2009, 22:16
I miss this place

nowadays
18-08-2009, 18:18
I'm tentatively thinking of going there over bank holiday weekend as a kind of personal pilgrimage on my own with the tank.I havent seen the 'Mevagissey son' since May...I like looking for friendly seals and watching people fish on the harbour too(some of the headwear makes me smile)- plus Im determined to find the victorian stuffed cat with dodgy bulbs in the flea market :)

I miss everything about Mevagissey I do I find
syadawon:confused::)

nowadays
19-08-2009, 15:52
:)
syadawon

Captain
12-02-2010, 17:17
Just to update - stayed overnight on 11/02/10.

Cost 4.00 for overnight stay, obviously out of season so no one in attendance, had the place to ourselves bar a few local cars.

Good stopover, I can recommend the Tinners cornish ale in The Fountain!!! :D

AndyC
12-02-2010, 18:03
Just to update - stayed overnight on 11/02/10.

Cost 4.00 for overnight stay, obviously out of season so no one in attendance, had the place to ourselves bar a few local cars.

Good stopover, I can recommend the Tinners cornish ale in The Fountain!!! :D
Can you confirm that there is an overnight tariff for motorhomes quoted on the ticket machine?

AndyC

Captain
18-02-2010, 20:07
Yes Andy there is, if I recall it says Large vans/ Motorhomes 4.00 overnight.

It's on the attendants wooden hut as you drive in.

John Dough
22-07-2010, 11:43
Just back from lovely trip to Devon/Cornwall called to Mega at 2pm one day attendant said you can stay now and overnight for 10 'till 10am and guided us to a place reserved for M/homes coaches peaceful night after a lovely fresh cod and chips lunch.
Beautiful spot with nice harbour and coastal walks but a word of warning don't drive your motorhome 'thru the town as the streets are vvvvery narrow.

Captain
22-07-2010, 16:19
Thanks for the update John.

It's good to know this is still available, a lovely little fishing village.

grenlynn
24-10-2010, 14:08
this sounds great,we are going to cornwall for christmas, staying christmas and boxing day,near bodmin then plan to go to marizion, so we could overnight at mevva before rejoining friends for new years eve. would also like to stay at perrinporth does anyone know of a good site? we would like to overnight at the top of the cliffs if possible out of season.

frankie501
31-08-2011, 11:41
We have been there during our tour this summer and I must praise the parking manager for his help.
One of the MH needed a mechanic, I was looking for a laundrette and he even suppied change for it!
Summer overnight is 6.00 and they asked another 3.00 for the rest of the day, we left in the early afternoon.
All the previous information supplied is correct and since there wasn't enough space in the back of the buildings we were allowed to stay in the car park.

Tommybago
20-07-2013, 22:20
Trying to find places in Cornwall for August x Is this carpark still ok does anybody know x
Thanks in advance x

richlorraine
31-08-2013, 14:34
Trying to find places in Cornwall for August x Is this carpark still ok does anybody know x
Thanks in advance x

yep mevas still ok to park in carpark overnight.

minty69
08-06-2014, 10:29
Stay at this car park several times each year, the guy who looks after the car park is really helpful, just tell him you want to stay the night and depending on the size of your M/H and how many others are there he'll show you where to park.It's a quiet parking area and only a minute or so into town, I can recommend the restaurant right on the harbour.....try their fish and chips!...they are carlsberg quality!

daveybanjo
14-07-2014, 20:25
Parked for the morning last Sunday 13 July 14, we were charged 6 for four hours, very friendly attendant said overnight camping was 8, if we had stayed overnight he would have charged us 12 for overnight and 4 hours the next day, much better than the 21 we paid vor an overnight at a nearby site with lots of traffic followed by 6 for four hours,Meva carpark for us from now on!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS