PDA

View Full Version : Wild Camping In Spain

scubydoo
12-05-2010, 15:51
Wild Camping In Spain

I will be traveling all along the west coast of Spain and the into Marocco this autumn. Intend to wild camp all the way down but with a group in Marocco. I think filling up with water will be ok but what about the waste?

grath
12-05-2010, 15:57
Wild Camping In Spain

I will be traveling all along the west coast of Spain and the into Marocco this autumn. Intend to wild camp all the way down but with a group in Marocco. I think filling up with water will be ok but what about the waste?

I think that you may have to use garage toilets, or carry a spade and dig deep and bury.:)

vwalan
12-05-2010, 16:33
in spain look for manholes in rd should be marked santiemento ,dont put it in any others . in maroc dig deep .
becareful with drinking water in spain ,some as been contaminated by the sea in under ground cavens .and some is for watering the crops .but dont worry there is many places .we try a little first .maroc is getting harder ,as they get mains water all the taps in the streets and the wells are being done away with. still look hard and you will get it.
cheers alan.

johny84
17-05-2011, 09:04
heh, well it's quite good idea :)

I've found quite a good website - campgrounds spain (http://www.europe-camping-guide.com/en/list/spain/), you can find campings there.

kenspain
17-05-2011, 11:33
No need to go on campsite here plenty of places were you can stop If you get stuck when you are down near Alicante let me know and i come and show you them. Ken.
Safe travels :cheers:

Byronic
17-05-2011, 12:30
[QUOTE=vwalan;101136]in spain look for manholes in rd should be marked santiemento ,

Better to put it in manhole marked saneamiento if you put it in a SANTIemento you might have the Pope after you!

vwalan
17-05-2011, 17:52
nice one ron. i never could spell. i know what i meant i try very hard but keep making smelling pistakes.

Byronic
17-05-2011, 19:01
[QUOTE= smelling pistakes.[/QUOTE]

Very witty, just what you get from a saneamiento, or put into it!

I cannot agree with an earlier post, advising the digging of a hole. Apart from the fact that if spotted it gives wild/free camping the worst of names, in Spain the cops/environmental officials can do you for pollution particularly when carried out near a watercourse (which you may not have noted), same in most countries I know, but in Spain on the Costas they are looking for any excuse to clamp down on wild camping,

notdunroamin
31-05-2011, 14:21
Arrived back from 8 weeks Morocco trip mid April. In the main a great time. No problems free camping in Spain except in the south near Gib.( Teachers/ BW whiskey 5/l!) Look for dams. Many have car parks. Also worth investing in Vicarious book of free camping in Spain & Portugal. Water - most garages will supply free, but be fair and put a drop of fuel in. Some will let you empty cassettes.
You will have been told that you cannot import alcohol into Morocco. True, but no body bothers about a reasonable amount not on show. Be sensible about it. Alcohol on sale in larger Majan supermarkets, but not cheap. You have to leave by the back door with the Moroccans!! If you are with an organised group you will be on regular campsites. Still don't trust the water. Its OK for washing and making tea etc. Use bottled water for drinking and teeth cleaning. Only coasts 80p/5 l from larger supermarkets. Invest in several bottles when you can. Toured Morocco on our own. No problems. Sorry to say some of the large organised groups were a nightmare, especially the French who still think that they own the country.

kenspain
31-05-2011, 14:29
If your coming back by France watch how many cigs or drink you bring out of Spain my son got stopped in France last week had to pay on the spot,160 euros

lebesset
31-05-2011, 14:55
how many did he have ken ?
there is a limit on how much tobacco and alcohol you can carry in a vehicle in france

kenspain
31-05-2011, 15:03
I told him on the plane he can take 3200 but the told him only allowed to come from Spain with 200. kids dont take any notices of old farts now days:lol-053:

vwalan
31-05-2011, 15:48
never mind ken he will learn.
by the way i have never had a problem with the quality of the water in morocco. i never buy it . certainly not in bottles . might give a few dirham to fill up the tank. just about ever house tin shack in morocco as good water now . even have a few desalination plants around . very interesting. for me anyway. as for booze most take hundreds of litre wine and beer into maroc . good for swapping or even bribing the police. but dont le them see the whiskey they never leave you alone if they do. you never know you might see lots of us from this site if you are lucky . mind if we see you coming we might hide . lots of fun in maroc but might give it a miss for awhile .stay in spain and portugal . can hassle the gnr and guardia for a laugh. have fun we do. cheers alan.
ps .got any brandy ken .i,m out .

baloothebear
31-05-2011, 16:44
how many did he have ken ?
there is a limit on how much tobacco and alcohol you can carry in a vehicle in france

Is there? I come back from Adenkerke with my load of fags and booze and never gave it another thought
I know that the Spanish only allow 200 fags between Gib and Spain. What are the limits between EU countires - any ideas?

vwalan
31-05-2011, 18:03
gib is a bit different as its duty free . but even spain as a limit that you can carry in a vehicle without being called a trader . france as always been bas...... why do you think eastenders mini bus used to go the back way to verne.
tecnically there is no limit for personel use . only a guide line . there used to be. but that changed years ago. i miss france out now cant be bothered to give them my money . get caught anywhere along the west coast nd they get funny .so sail from spain . much easier.

kenspain
31-05-2011, 20:16
never mind ken he will learn.
by the way i have never had a problem with the quality of the water in morocco. i never buy it . certainly not in bottles . might give a few dirham to fill up the tank. just about ever house tin shack in morocco as good water now . even have a few desalination plants around . very interesting. for me anyway. as for booze most take hundreds of litre wine and beer into maroc . good for swapping or even bribing the police. but dont le them see the whiskey they never leave you alone if they do. you never know you might see lots of us from this site if you are lucky . mind if we see you coming we might hide . lots of fun in maroc but might give it a miss for awhile .stay in spain and portugal . can hassle the gnr and guardia for a laugh. have fun we do. cheers alan.
ps .got any brandy ken .i,m out .

No running out getting stressed over no scooter rack and drinking to much of to Portugal in 2 weeks was hoping to take the bike but dont look like it at the moment.

Bert and Daisy
23-08-2011, 14:57
Most campsites will allow you to empty your waste tanks and fill with water for about 4 euros much better than heaving a huge manhole out of the road!!

ELK
16-05-2013, 19:07
No need to go on campsite here plenty of places were you can stop If you get stuck when you are down near Alicante let me know and i come and show you them. Ken.
Safe travels :cheers:

Hi Ken,
I'm a newbie.
I'm planning to come down to Alicante this winter, can you recommend some wild sites and cheap sites(so I can get showered and do me washing) from time to time.
Cheers,
ELK:newhere:

kenspain
16-05-2013, 19:57
Hi Ken,
I'm a newbie.
I'm planning to come down to Alicante this winter, can you recommend some wild sites and cheap sites(so I can get showered and do me washing) from time to time.
Cheers,
ELK:newhere:

Hi lots of place,s in the winter to wild my friends that come over always find a small village inland were it,s a bit safer as for cheap campsites i cant help there as i don,t do campsites but some say that in the winter there not that cheap. If you come to Alicante and need any help let me know be pleased to help any member that needs it. safe travel, ken

ELK
16-05-2013, 20:04
Thanks, Ken,
Do people wild all winter down there?

vwalan
16-05-2013, 20:06
hi ken .is camping muro de alcoy still ok ? that road cv700 is a great way down . or across to denia .
look forward to seeing you again sometime ,dont know when .
had two inches of hail today here in cornwall . thought it was snow . it was that deep .
weather gone crazy or what. be good look after yourself .

kenspain
16-05-2013, 20:08
yes some do stay all winter and some go a bit more south as it can get a bit more warmer than Alicante but this year my friends were here 5 months they were ok.

kenspain
16-05-2013, 20:13
hi ken .is camping muro de alcoy still ok ? that road cv700 is a great way down . or across to denia .
look forward to seeing you again sometime ,dont know when .
had two inches of hail today here in cornwall . thought it was snow . it was that deep .
weather gone crazy or what. be good look after yourself .

Yes good as gold were i put you lot, the weather gone nuts here to alan 27deg then bloody lots of rain. Aways welcome here alan not a bad little bar we went to. Dont forget if you boy comes over let me know.

vwalan
16-05-2013, 22:13
hi ken . havent seen him for a week. think he is staying here now .
he got offered several jobs when he was over there . but theres loads here . see you nx winter . mind after today i think i hjad better load up and get over there. regards to family .

voyagerstan
16-05-2013, 22:20
hi al near rodez at the moment bloody cold and wet . i want to be in guilmin !!!!!:sad: stan

vwalan
16-05-2013, 22:29
yes would be warm there . i was just thinking after reading about willys do of tripping over there bit early for staying over and dropping down in autumn . need a few medical jobs doing . but hope to see you on the road somewhere. we could invade ken . he would like that.
by the way seems calnegro as been fenced off in spring . is the end near . be good look after your other half and also that bike needs a clean .ha ha .

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS