PDA

View Full Version : heading to brittany next week

Hobbsy
18-05-2010, 03:33
hi all!
our first french holiday and tour. There is me, my wife and two kids, 8 & 5 yrs old, oh and of course our little vw camper! we are crossing dover to callais and making a holiday of the drive! we are booked into a yelloh village in brittany, but have 2 days to get there! we are hoping to stay at some aires, i have bought all the aires book and have planned a little bit of a route but i am willing to go else where if someone advises me different! after a 4 night stay at yelloh we are off to disney land for 2 nights / 3 days and we have got 1 day/ night to get there, ideally we want to camp somewhere within an hour or 2 of disney land, then we have got a further 3 nights to stay somewhere bearing in mind we are going back callais - dover at 14:00 on the last day!

if anyone can advise me of a child safe aire or campsite between callais and brittany for a day or 2 or even places to visit and fun for the family, we have a dinghy and cycles!. then we are after advice on a aire somewhere between brittany and disney land and preferably close ish to disney ( i was thinking of going through Lemans). places to stay and visit after disney.
any advice will be very appreciated, i will take pictures for the forum and produce a guide upon my return. thanks in advance!
PS: advice on toll roads would also be apprceiated! is ther any worth dodging, is there an easy route to go on, anyone know how much i will roughly have to pay out! etc etc... thanks. (one very stressed dad)

grath
18-05-2010, 07:13
There is a nice camp site at La Fleche which is south west (ish) of LeMans on the N23.
We have never used it as there is a sort of unofficial aire across the river and we use this, however Ladytramp's sister stays on this site with their caravan for a few days en route further south.
The town is only a 5 minute walk and it is quite pretty and chic.
I am sure that it would fit your requirements.:cool:
Enjoy:cool:

Also for boating there is a very large lake called Lac Guerledan, west of Loudeac and north of Pontivy ideal for all sorts of boating and campsites are on the waters edge.
We took a ski boat here for a couple of weeks a few years ago:)

Captain
18-05-2010, 17:33
We like Arromanche-Les-Bains about 4-5 hours from Calais heading along the coast westward.

Good aire in town for about 15 motorhomes. If this is full there is another situated to the East of town on the D514 which has space for about another 20 or so.

The town has lovely restuarants, ice cream parlours etc. A good large beach and a museum relating to the D-Day invasions, you can still see remnants of the Mulberry harbour out to sea.

Where ever you end up, have fun, you're spoiled for choice in France:D

Hobbsy
18-05-2010, 19:48
cheers guys! ill have a look into these. im going to look for a site in or very near to Paris for a couple of days too! have you been to any there?

thanks both:D

grath
18-05-2010, 20:08
cheers guys! ill have a look into these. im going to look for a site in or very near to Paris for a couple of days too! have you been to any there?

thanks both:D

Sorry, never camped in the area,:( however hopefully someone will help:)
Spent a lot of time there with a truck, but, that's a little different:D

Captain
18-05-2010, 20:09
Not me Hobbsy, I be a country boy, don't like big cities, only fields & zider:D

colpot
19-05-2010, 07:53
[QUOTE=grath;101997]There is a nice camp site at La Fleche which is south west (ish) of LeMans on the N23.
We have never used it as there is a sort of unofficial aire across the river and we use this, however Ladytramp's sister stays on this site with their caravan for a few days en route further south.
The town is only a 5 minute walk and it is quite pretty and chic.
I am sure that it would fit your requirements.:cool:
Enjoy:cool:

]

We stayed at the Campsite at La Fleche - very nice and a short walk into the village. We were going to stop at the Aire, but it was our first time and I got a little nervous when a French Guy engaged me in conversation and was very interested as to whether we had just started or were just finishing our holiday. Probably totally innocent but, as I say, it was our first time!
However, we could see the campsite across the river and went there instead.

Campsite from Aire
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i72/colpot60/France%20Aires/09LaFlescheAiresoppcampsite.jpg
Bridge from Aire
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i72/colpot60/France%20Aires/08LaFlescheAiresoppcampsite.jpg

Colin

Hobbsy
20-05-2010, 05:38
thanks colin, was the pictures the aire or a campsite you paid for? need a place to stay near le mans! would you be able to give me co-ords of google earth or something? i would be very grateful?

grath
20-05-2010, 06:05
Just drive into La Fleche, you can't miss it
But more info here

camping sarthe vacances CAMPING LA ROUTE D'OR location vallee du loir (http://www.camping-laroutedor.com/index.html)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS