PDA

View Full Version : Bank holiday in Skegness/Mablethorpe

GregM
22-05-2010, 09:13
We're thinking of going to Skegness/Mablethorpe or in between (you get the idea) next weekend.

Due to other commitments we wont arrive until about 10pm so need somewhere we can just park up with no worries. Thought Huttoft may be a good spot but wonder if it would be too busy and may struggle that time of night, baring in mind we have not been so don't know what it is like there.

During the days we plan to go into town or something, the kids (and dog) love the wild camping and prefer it to camp sites but do need something to do during the day.

There is another spot on Canalsman's files just north of Chapel st Leonards but when you zoom in on Google earth the sign says no caravans or camping, has anyone stopped there? technically we are not a caravan so are we ok stopping there.

Any other suggestions would be good.

Thanks

Old_Arthur
22-05-2010, 10:43
hi there you'll be better off on mogeye the turning before huttoft you'll have no probs there.
have sent pm about day parkin in skeggy
p.s. we are on there now with about another 18 vans including silverlady

GregM
22-05-2010, 21:25
Thanks Arthur, the car parking info will be a great help and time saver.

Canalsman
23-05-2010, 00:08
Looking at Google Streetview, all these Lincolnshire coast spots have a sign that says 'no caravanning or camping'.

I presume it's not enforced ...

GregM
29-05-2010, 08:58
We got here (mog eye) late last night and there was a few vans but plenty of space. Is there any other 'wildcampers' here? ie there are a couple of vans I am sure I have seen photo's off but can't remember where.

David & Ann
29-05-2010, 10:03
The Summer run has arrived. Time to hit the road again for Europe. Leaving tomorrow and returning around the middle of September. Hitting the beaches along the Portugese and Spainish coast and eventually head for Germany, (Hamburg, my hometown) to see my family.
Been back from India in April after 3 months, itchy feet, time to hit the road.
My sincere wishes to all you guys, hoping you folks will have a wonderful summer, where ever you travel, alone or with family. A safe journey, have fun and take care of yourselves.

David & Ann (D & A)

grath
29-05-2010, 14:05
The Summer run has arrived. Time to hit the road again for Europe. Leaving tomorrow and returning around the middle of September. Hitting the beaches along the Portugese and Spainish coast and eventually head for Germany, (Hamburg, my hometown) to see my family.
Been back from India in April after 3 months, itchy feet, time to hit the road.
My sincere wishes to all you guys, hoping you folks will have a wonderful summer, where ever you travel, alone or with family. A safe journey, have fun and take care of yourselves.

David & Ann (D & A)

You also David & Anne, have a great time and safe journey:):)
Get those itchy feet scratched.:D

David & Ann
29-05-2010, 22:48
You also David & Anne, have a great time and safe journey:):)
Get those itchy feet scratched.:D

My last post. You have a nice one too, Graham. Learnt a lot from your advice. Have fun.

D & A

grath
30-05-2010, 07:59
My last post. You have a nice one too, Graham. Learnt a lot from your advice. Have fun.

D & A

Thanks,:o but we all learn from each other,:cool: enjoy your trip:)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS