PDA

View Full Version : Dublin?

BillW
23-05-2010, 08:11
I am thinking of spending quite some time (weeks) doing research in Dublin. Most camping sites will be closed and/or too expensive. Anyone spent time stopped in or near Dublin? Doesn't need to be scenic but preferably near transport into town and in a busy area (for security) where I won't draw too much attention to myself.

Bill.

(Similarly for Belfast.)

tuono
23-05-2010, 11:08
dont know about weeks at a time but you can stay at howth on dublin bay where you can park on the middle pier in the harbour, train station just around corner with a 20 min journey into city center, sutton or malahide, great fish resturaunts and bars in howth and if you wish you can buy fish to feed about a dozen seals which swim into harbour every day.The place is very nice and so are the people btw you can also plug into free elec if you get early in week there are only a few points available.

liamheff
14-03-2011, 20:58
Belfast should not be a problem, there are plenty of side roads to park on and the supermarkets and shopping centres don't seem to be hung up about checking that anyone parking in the car parks is actually using the shops.

Brian Magill
15-03-2011, 19:59
I was going also to suggest Howth which is north of Dublin. Belfast however is around 100 miles north, not recommended.

Just read your original post, didn't know you wanted parking also in Belfast give me a ring on 02890595960

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS