PDA

View Full Version : Comfort Insurance .... Top Bananna !

Gixermark
04-06-2010, 09:25
Lo All

Well, having trawled this and other Motorhome forums, Comfort seemed to be a good bet to try for this years renewal. :confused:

Blimey, what a service! Very polite, knew their stuff ..... but to beat it all ..... the price !!!!! :D

Currently with Sureterm Direct : Quoted 654.53 for next year !!!! Broken down this is : 451.75 to the underwriters / 81.65 for UK breakdown cover and best of all 121.13 for OTHER costs such as acquisition,rebroking,admin,claims handling, processing, print & staff cost's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are they a total joke or what ...................... :eek:

Onto Comfort : Exactly the same insurance, 200 excess compared to 500 with Sureterm, Full RAC Commercial breakdown recovery + all the other usual stuff included ( 3000 personel cover on items, awning cover etc ) all covered by Aviva for ................ wait for it .................................................. ........... 252.34 !!!!!!!!!!! :D

How on earth can another company charge 400 MORE for almost identical insurance ? :confused:

This is for our Swift Kontiki 669 Tag-axle on a 57 registration with tracker fitted covered for 50,000.

So, when our renewel comes up on the 20th June, it's BYE BYE rip off SureTerm and HELLO Comfort ( already paid for ! ) ;)

GregM
04-06-2010, 10:37
Confort beat my current insurance by a few quid but unfortunately they don't allow monthly payments which we prefer as finding another few hundred quid this month isn't easy.

Gixermark
04-06-2010, 15:08
Confort beat my current insurance by a few quid but unfortunately they don't allow monthly payments which we prefer as finding another few hundred quid this month isn't easy.

Greg

They do spread the 1st years payment though. I paid 105.00 this month, then 85 ish for the next 2 months ( 3 month's in total ) so perhaps this may help you out if you are still interested?

Told that after the 1st year with them, they will then divide payments monthly.

Mark

grath
04-06-2010, 15:29
Just a reminder with more info

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/general-chat/10264-insurance-renewal.html

GregM
04-06-2010, 21:15
Greg

They do spread the 1st years payment though. I paid 105.00 this month, then 85 ish for the next 2 months ( 3 month's in total ) so perhaps this may help you out if you are still interested?

Told that after the 1st year with them, they will then divide payments monthly.

Mark

Ah they said 60 days, which if thinking about it would be 3 monthly payments 1 now, 1 in 30 days and 1 30 days later. I obviously wasn't thinking straight LOL

neilmac
04-06-2010, 22:11
We changed to Comfort this year too.

You got a very good result!

mandrake
05-06-2010, 04:24
insurance is a funny old game (exept at renewal time ) ive just moved from comfort because i found it a tad too dear 480 quid if my memory serves .ok breakdown and no clames protection inc. moved to caravan guard ,fully comp 180 quid basic ins, put on r.a.c 85 quid and legal protection 12 ,no claimes protection done away with ( its an expensive add on) as its better to lose 20% of my 70% n.c.b.for a claim still saving a packet and that was the cheapest i could find .just one more thing ,years ago third party was a great favorit with people with cheapo motors then came t.p.f.t that was for a bit better motor fully comp you had to have a decent motor for that or a car on chukky as it was expensive, now its as cheap to have full comp as t.p.f.t how times change

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS