PDA

View Full Version : Girvan

John H
14-06-2010, 12:59
There are two car park options here, both are on the sea front, free, level, have no overnight restrictions, have clean public toilets on site and provide superb views over Ailsa Craig, the Isle of Arran and the Mull of Kintyre:
1.At the southern end of the town (Ainslie Park) approached by taking the Stranraer Road from Girvan and turning right when you hit the shoreline
2.At the northern end of the town, by the harbour.

h3ggf
19-08-2010, 02:03
There are two car park options here, both are on the sea front, free, level, have no overnight restrictions, have clean public toilets on site and provide superb views over Ailsa Craig, the Isle of Arran and the Mull of Kintyre:
1.At the southern end of the town (Ainslie Park) approached by taking the Stranraer Road from Girvan and turning right when you hit the shoreline
2.At the northern end of the town, by the harbour.

hi there
we stayed at ainslie park for 5 days in a row and no probs the car park can get very busy with cars /vans as there is a snack shack ice cream etc there
but stayed there numerous times in the last 3 years clean toilets close about 5 - 6 pm your right on the beach and large grass area next to you great for kids and pets we even had a small fire on the beach loads of times and no problems met loads of lovely people in campers there cheers gordy

hobbit
20-08-2010, 14:27
h3ggf,You forgot to mention that the snack bar is brilliant!!!
Home made soup,everything cooked when you order it,fresh rolls and cakes.
The chap who runs it,David,is a real gent and his staff always have a friendly
word.Great value for money.Try it and see.
ps I am not related in any way to the owner,I had a static caravan nearby
for a few years and used the snack bar regularly when I went to walk my dogs on the beach.
Hobbit

AdriaTwin
01-05-2011, 16:32
The one near the Harbour, overnight 3 vans inc ourselves . Watched the sun go down into the sea over Mull of Kintyre- fantastic weather and quiet overnight when all day trippers had gone . Just a mention for the Harbour Chippy - great fish and chips just a short walk away.

christine
04-10-2012, 09:52
Looked at Girvan at the weekend. Nice place. The harbour parking definitely had no restrictions and couldn't see any on the south car park as we drove past.

Ted
04-10-2012, 14:03
We stayed in the layby at Lendalfoot last weekend, just south of Girvan. Very nice indeed, seals basking on the rocks just out to sea and amazing views. There was a fair on in Girvan and the othet layby was full of motorhomes!

Discoduck
16-09-2013, 08:42
Arrived 12.9.13.Thursday white LDV..drove to harbour car park.There were already 4 m.h. and a caravan there.We parked on the beach carpark along with 2 others. Stayed over night. Boy racers around till 11 pm ok after that. No ristrictions.

patbhoy
20-04-2014, 18:53
Headed down to Girvan for the Easter weekend, firstly we pulled in at the harbour car park and there were several camper vans and a caravan already there but we were not keen on that spot so headed along to the Ainslie Road car park and spent a peaceful night there which was rounded off with the snack bar opening in the morning serving excellent filled rolls.
The car park became very busy throughout the day so we headed further along the road to Lendalfoot and there is an excellent car park at the Varyag monument with plenty of space for several campers where we are spending saturday and sunday night.
Great views over the water to Paddy's milestone.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc214/pat7261/Mobile%20Uploads/9C8F206C-A1D7-4149-B085-60D28A4E1DEB.jpg (http://s216.photobucket.com/user/pat7261/media/Mobile%20Uploads/9C8F206C-A1D7-4149-B085-60D28A4E1DEB.jpg.html)

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc214/pat7261/Mobile%20Uploads/B3EB8E5C-4D89-477E-9784-55D9CA4F7C77.jpg (http://s216.photobucket.com/user/pat7261/media/Mobile%20Uploads/B3EB8E5C-4D89-477E-9784-55D9CA4F7C77.jpg.html)

Sharon the Cat
21-04-2014, 05:53
Can I presume that Paddy's Milestone is Ailsa Craig?

We were in the area the week before. Didn't overnight at Girvan but emptied cassette in Southern car park toilets and got water at the harbour. The snack hut comes highly recommended.

POI Admin
21-04-2014, 15:05
Didn't overnight at Girvan but emptied cassette in Southern car park toilets and got water at the harbour.

Can you advise exactly where you got the water so I can add it to the POIs?

jann
11-03-2016, 15:52
There is construction work at the harbour, to build a leisure centre.It is still possible to park on the harbour, but don't know if this will still be the case when the work is completed.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS