PDA

View Full Version : Wild campers anywhere in dorset or cornwall this summer?

OKKIMMY
22-06-2010, 00:12
I had my beloved motorhome stolen a few weeks ago and have decided not to let the *******s get me down and bought a small car and camping trailer. Now I am looking for some beach or forest camping near some nice folks. Thought I'd head for Dorset first in about a week...

marrwyck
22-06-2010, 05:33
Sorry to hear about your motorhome being stolen.

There are so many lovley places in Dorset, trouble is that to wild camp with trailer tent may be a little bit awkward.

We know some great places with the motorhome but in a tent, unsure.

Trouble is in this country they don't like people to enjoy theirselves too much and they want you to use camp sites etc.

If I were you, I would get through that tunnel and go to France.

Alternatively why don't you do a pub crawl and stay at the pubs with campsites as they are pretty damn cheap and some don't charge you if you have a meal in their pub.

Hope you get some good responses to your question :)

duncananderson
22-06-2010, 13:52
if you come to devon, you are welcome to pitch your tent on the bit of land at the end of my car park. its a bit bumpy but im sure it would be okay.
no charge. the portsmouth arms hotel devon. check us out in the pub stopover section. if you google us there is a nice streetview pic of the land so you can see if its suitable for you, happy camping dee

grath
22-06-2010, 14:56
I had my beloved motorhome stolen a few weeks ago and have decided not to let the *******s get me down and bought a small car and camping trailer. Now I am looking for some beach or forest camping near some nice folks. Thought I'd head for Dorset first in about a week...

Welcome OKKIMMY, bad news about your M/H,:(:mad: however I am sure that you will find some nice locations on here. You may have to become a site supporter to gain full access as some areas are restricted.
Keep your eye open for meets.
Welcome again:):)

Bod
22-06-2010, 15:21
Hello matey,

Sorry to hear about some scrowt stealing your van.

As someone said above, a trailer tent would be a bit iffy wild camping and Dorset it quite regulated at this time of year.

Good luck to you anyhow.

OKKIMMY
22-06-2010, 16:51
THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!! I will look you up in Devon, for sure! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Kim, Max and Xen (dog and cat)

mark7
22-06-2010, 17:55
THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!! I will look you up in Devon, for sure! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Kim, Max and Xen (dog and cat)

So sorry to hear about you van....Devon is great and will be looking at some of the pub stop overs in a few week myself.....

guyd
17-08-2010, 20:14
dorset - try wurth (worth?) matravers pub - amazing place, and he lets you camp in the geese field.... No cold beer - just barrels on a wall.... great! and a museum.

markchaps
29-08-2010, 15:24
dorset - try wurth (worth?) matravers pub - amazing place, and he lets you camp in the geese field.... No cold beer - just barrels on a wall.... great! and a museum.

Is that the Square and Compass?

It's a stunning pub in a goregous location. The selection of local proper ciders is unrivalled.

Its just 10 mins walk from the coast path and there's the Priestway which is a lovely hilltop walk in to Swanage.

markchaps
29-08-2010, 15:26

I hope you managed to get out there over the summer. I'm really sorry to hear about the van being stolen.

Mark

manicmerc
01-09-2010, 23:51
Loads of places in and around dartmoorand bodmin moor of the beaten track, Datmeet has a very large car park bt the old clapper bridge that spans the river dart, its called dart meet, wardens are happy to see anyone who does not abuse the place, very cold on christmas day having a full emersed wash

YouTube - daveedraagon's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/daveedraagon)

yep thats me christmas day 08, had an immediate shower in the merc

Campingninja2
12-02-2011, 06:39
There are three campsites in cornwall. 22 Campsites is located in the Brooklands - Woodbury Salterton, Exeter, Sandymouth bay - nr bude, Cornwall , check the other location at this sites . Campsites near cornwall :: Camping Ninja (http://www.campingninja.com/search/?distance=20&location=cornwall)

I Hope this will help.:o

joncris
02-04-2011, 20:02
OKKIMMY How'd the visit go?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS