PDA

View Full Version : Water/Waste in Peak District?

activecampers
30-06-2010, 10:23
We're off to the Peaks in, em, an hour.
Will be trialing the GPS database of wildcampingn spots, but first impressions are superb and seem suitable for us (e.g. turn up early evening/go early morning).

Is there anywhere to get some fresh water and empty waste up there (ideally free or as cheap as poss) - or will we need to use a campsite:eek: for a night.

Probably head to Matlock for the day today then Darley Bridge for the night tonight.

Cheers

Outdawes
30-06-2010, 11:51
I have a shop in chesterfield which you can get water from and toilet facilities message me back if any good to you I'll be here till 5 today

activecampers
01-07-2010, 12:16
What a lovely gesture!
We're going to be in the depths of the NP so not near you unfortunately but many thanks!

Alisonsvan
01-07-2010, 16:33
Hi there, if you are going through Buxton then you are more than welcome to come to us to fill up and empty at our home, we are only about on Sunday and then in the evenings till Wednesday then about most of the week till Sunday.
Alison

Wild Sprinter
07-09-2010, 22:39
Additional to this - You've got good toilet blocks in Baslow carpark (Nether End - Village Hall), Monsal Head (Behind Monsal Head Hotel), Castleton, Hathersage... for emptying the cassette. As long as you leave as found and it's not busy at the time. I've stayed in the carpark in Baslow a few times and never had any problems. I usually fill the water tanks with a adapted watering can with 25mm supaflex hose fixed to spout, from any available tap. Again, a tap is available at Baslow carpark toilet block, Monsal Head, Castleton, Hathersage, Calver shell garage (A623) or Bamford garage (A6187).

Might not be everyone's cuppa-tea but it's a possible solution??

John Thompson
08-09-2010, 07:38
Additional to this - You've got good toilet blocks in Baslow carpark (Nether End - Village Hall), Monsal Head (Behind Monsal Head Hotel), Castleton, Hathersage... for emptying the cassette. As long as you leave as found and it's not busy at the time. I've stayed in the carpark in Baslow a few times and never had any problems. I usually fill the water tanks with a adapted watering can with 25mm supaflex hose fixed to spout, from any available tap. Again, a tap is available at Baslow carpark toilet block, Monsal Head, Castleton, Hathersage, Calver shell garage (A623) or Bamford garage (A6187).

Might not be everyone's cuppa-tea but it's a possible solution??

I use a public toilet to empty my cassette from time to time in Cumbria and go armed with two 4 pint milk containers full of water (usually only need one). A roll of kitchen towel and an air freshener aerosol. The toilet has a hand wash facility built in the wall that gives a fine spray of warm water, plus soap and air. There is no facility for any other water.

I leave the van on site and use the Smart car most of the time for my daily run which is about 3k from where I park. I have an arrangement with a local farm to get fresh water so continue to there to fill two folding plastic water containers.

I have passed the toilet location on to Canalsman. Do others have knowledge of suitable places? Usefull to go with the stopover database.

John

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS