PDA

View Full Version : Paris show

Kris
04-07-2010, 07:43
I am planning a trip to Paris to see the caravan and motorhome show.
Anyone joining me? I haven't done any research where to stay yet, and I am sure Leo has a few recommendations.....
Apart from this event a visit to Paris could be on the cards to include Moulin Rouge show, etc.
Why not?

The details:
45th Salon des véhicules de loisirs
25th of September till 03 October 2010
Where? Paris - Le Bourget
Entry is 10€ per person ( with discount voucher in Camping car magazine 5€ pp)
There is also a website: Salon des Véhicules de Loisirs (Bourget) : caravane, camping-car, mobile-home (http://www.salonvdl.com)

Kris

lebesset
04-07-2010, 08:51
stay at the show free...arrive evening and you get 2 nights free , so day at show , stay night ,leave in morning by 9[?] ; if you want to stay longer , out gate , round block , start again

unless has been changed

last time I went got free entry as well ; you will get discount passes at the camping area at least

unless everything has been changed of course ...unfortunately the website isn't finished

Kris
04-07-2010, 09:40
Are you saying you can stay in the MH on the site?
Is it free for 24Hrs?
Do you recommend this site?
Any facilities?

The website is French so nothing is finished.
Thanks

Kris

lebesset
04-07-2010, 14:02
secure site, entry usually closed at perhaps 8pm , water ,wc emptying , fine for expo , 500+ motorhomes , if you go to google earth , le bourget , find the airstrip and bring up the white dots at the southern end you will find that the photograph was taken at the time of the loisir exhibition ....that's the campsite which is fenced off from the general parking and 24 hour guard

bus from outside the exhibition hall to porte la chapelle metro station for a trip to central paris
visit to air museum by runway ?

the motorhomes by the exhibition halls in the general car park are private sellers

so unless something is changed this year , you just turn up , entrance past the private sellers area , guy who books you in often has the discount tickets

don't remember if they put anything about the free camping on the website

californiajack
17-08-2010, 11:17
We will be visiting our Son in the Paris area about this time and plan on droping by the Motorhome show. I am interested in learning about rental or purchase of motor homes for us to tour Europe. I would love to get together with other English speakers (my French is below average). Any ideas??

ghr
19-08-2010, 18:25
We will be visiting our Son in the Paris area about this time and plan on droping by the Motorhome show. I am interested in learning about rental or purchase of motor homes for us to tour Europe. I would love to get together with other English speakers (my French is below average). Any ideas??

In france you are allowed to rent your camper van out and I have just started I now have 2 vans and we are very buisy. Contact me on graham.roe@orange.fr for more info and see if I can help

Kontiki
19-08-2010, 20:47
We went to this show after we had been to the Dusseldorf show as we were heading into France on our way home. The camping was free for 2 nights but I think you had to be off by 9 am (or round about then) or you had to pay. All I know was there used to be a queue trying to get out before you were charged. The camping was on concrete & dis-organised so try to get somewhere near to a fence or something to make sure you have room on at least one side. We had to move as the vans parked next to us were really close :eek: could hardly open the door. Worth a visit is the Aviation museum just around the corner, we also stayed one night on the car park there.
After Dusseldorf the show wasn't that great but much better than many of the ones over here, from what I remember there wasn't many stalls selling accessories. :mad:

BTW ther is a little union jack in the top left to get the site in English

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS