PDA

View Full Version : Ben Nevis - North Face Carpark (not camping)

GadgetUK437
07-07-2010, 10:22
... just parking (and walking)!

Fancied walking the Ben via the CMD arete, but from the North Face Carpark (Torlundy) this time, thereby avoiding the tourist route entirely.

Just wondered whether I'd be OK getting the van up there, in August. It looks quite narrow on GE Streetview.

Driving a Chausson Flash 09, L 6.42m, W 2.30m, H 2.93m

My alternative is the gondola, but dithering about whether 430m height gain is worth 27! (plus that drop and climb from the restaurant to Carn Beag Dearg seems a bit counterintutive)

grath
07-07-2010, 11:02
We went to Fort William and the bottom of Ben Nevis and the weather was that bad that we could not even see the bottom and we never even got out of the van:eek::D
Hope you have better weather than we did:)

GadgetUK437
07-07-2010, 11:11
weather was that bad that we could not even see the bottom and we never even got out of the vanHad several days like that in Snowdon!
But my luck for the Ben has held (so far), both times in sunshine; once in June via the CMD the other in Feb on the tourist track.

grath
07-07-2010, 21:09
Had several days like that in Snowdon!
But my luck for the Ben has held (so far), both times in sunshine; once in June via the CMD the other in Feb on the tourist track.

Funny is it not:D when we go to Wales we usually get decent weather:D

Iain
14-07-2010, 20:23
Torlundy carpark will be great, also best approach to the ben. Took My Dethleffs last year, had a great walk and a top overnight spot. Road surface not amazing on approach but fine.

Hope you get the weather

vwalan
14-07-2010, 20:32
keep your eyes open for purple bob . you cant miss his truck. he can tell you where to park. bet you cant guess the colour of his truck, ha ha it was haze now its dreams.

hillwalker
17-07-2010, 02:09
you will get a van up there nay bother mate ...

ellieloy
10-08-2010, 20:46
Re NorthFace: We camped there 2 weeks ago with a 21ft, 5 berth motor caravan. Great - very peaceful - but watch thou for the midge - they bit the life out of us after dark!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS