PDA

View Full Version : Warwick

jann
17-02-2007, 16:19
Although this isn't on as a wild spot,it used to be possible to overnight on the car park next to the race course. We haven't been for a while. We pulled on last week to find the car park altered ,new surface and pay and display installed/not possible to overnight.
The only good thing was if you wanted to visit the town for a couple of hours in the day it is possible to get a free ticket for two hours.

grath
17-02-2007, 16:29
We spent 3 nights next to the car park at the club site in late december & found that not a lot to do.:(
We did spend a full day at the castle and it was well worth going.:cool:
We also went on the bus to Stratford.;)
But that was all. I can imagine, that in the summer with a little sunshine, :) it would be much better.

billy1000
17-02-2007, 19:39
Although this isn't on as a wild spot,it used to be possible to overnight on the car park next to the race course. We haven't been for a while. We pulled on last week to find the car park altered ,new surface and pay and display installed/not possible to overnight.
The only good thing was if you wanted to visit the town for a couple of hours in the day it is possible to get a free ticket for two hours.

I used to actually live across the road from Warwick Racecourse in the middle 1980's and there was talk going on then that they were going to do that. There is a camping site on the Racecourse up by the Spanish Steps bar though. There are not a lot of places in that area for wildcamping unless you wanted to try one of the industrial estates between Whitnash and Warwick. Lots of lorries use them at night to park up and there is mobile security trawling about on them so fairly safe for an overnight and not too far from Warwick town centre or Leamington Spa centre.

grath
18-02-2007, 07:24
If U shop at Tesco & get Tesco vouchers, it costs U only 4 each in vouchers for entrance fee.:cool: (normal price about 16 each)
We thought that it was excellent value & we want to return again when the weather is better & Jousting on the program.:)
They say allow at least 4 hrs to see all & they are quite right.:cool:

billy1000
27-02-2007, 21:30
If U shop at Tesco & get Tesco vouchers, it costs U only 4 each in vouchers for entrance fee.:cool: (normal price about 16 each)
We thought that it was excellent value & we want to return again when the weather is better & Jousting on the program.:)
They say allow at least 4 hrs to see all & they are quite right.:cool:

The Castle is brilliant isn't it. Did you go to the dungeons and the haunted room. When they do the medievil feasts there they are good too.

Admin
27-02-2007, 22:25
If you have tesco club card points you can get warwick castle tickets for a quarter of the price!

happybonzo
28-02-2007, 08:06
Hatton is four miles down the road from Warwick - more wild camping down there than you can shake a stick at.
Usual provisos: Just be sensible where you stop. If you stop opposite some-ones house don't be surprised if the Rozzers tell you to move on.
Bags of little places down by the Grand Union Canal. Get a decent OS map or better still, Memory Map on a Laptop with a GPS attached. You'd be amased at the places that you'd never find - LOL

AndyC
17-06-2008, 17:19
Anyone got any recent info for Warwick - I have some things to do there next week and the campsite can only accommodate me for a couple of nights. It's been suggested that motorhomes sometimes stay overnight on the racecourse car park that's a bit further out of town than the campsite, or is that the one that's pay & display now?

AndyC

starblazer
17-06-2008, 21:15
i posted on another forum about that site and one of the locals replied that it is not in the "best part of town" and to give it a miss. have you tried the cl at hatton country park?
bertie

AndyC
17-06-2008, 21:55
i posted on another forum about that site and one of the locals replied that it is not in the "best part of town" and to give it a miss. have you tried the cl at hatton country park?
bertie
Hatton is certainly a possibility, seeing that I'll be there at the end of the week anyway....
I can always bus or train into Warwick from there.

AndyC

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS