PDA

View Full Version : Mont -St -Michael

rebbyvid
17-02-2007, 20:06
going to france in june and hoping to visit Mont -St- Michael has anybody been recently as i know there are big changes being made to the area but cant find a recent post
cheers rob

jann
17-02-2007, 21:49
We stopped there last September . It was 8 euro a night.Plenty of vans. No services,there are toilets on the island

rebbyvid
18-02-2007, 08:47
We stopped there last September . It was 8 euro a night.Plenty of vans. No services,there are toilets on the island
thanks jann
Iknow there is a massive restructuring plan which will take the existing parking but it is over a number of years and their own website does not really update it http://www.projetmontsaintmichel.fr/en/index.asp
Rob

David & Ann
18-02-2007, 09:00
I was there in May '06. Entering the causeway towards the mount, to your right is a large parking area. I parked for free. I had to walk the lenght of the road to get to the mount, did'nt mind as I saved €8 parking at the mount carpark. I really don't know if I had to pay or not, but I did'nt. By the way, there is a Mount Michael in Marazion, Cornwall. You can only get to the Castle when the tide is out as the causeway is covered in full tide.

rebbyvid
18-02-2007, 10:03
thanks for info david,seems theres plenty of sites local if needed
rob

ian81
18-02-2007, 10:24
thanks for info david,seems theres plenty of sites local if needed
rob
I think it is possible to stop at an aire at the south end of the causeway neare the shops and restaurants for the same price (8) as parking off the causeway near the mount.

jann
19-02-2007, 21:41
The aire near the shops is the same price as the one by the island,but there are service points included

zulurita
01-04-2007, 13:52
We stayed at the Aires, Sept 2006, which is opposite the campsite and is 8 a night and includes water and electricity. an easy cycle ride or walk from there to the Mont St Michel.

happybonzo
02-05-2007, 11:19
Cherreiux - just west of MsM. there are two car parks right on the Beach. There used to be a tiny "Municiple" but I think that it's now closed.
The whole place is very "low key" but makes for a pleasant break

rebbyvid
02-05-2007, 19:56
Cherreiux - just west of MsM. there are two car parks right on the Beach. There used to be a tiny "Municiple" but I think that it's now closed.
The whole place is very "low key" but makes for a pleasant break

Will keep it in mind thanks
Rob

grath
02-05-2007, 19:58
going to france in june and hoping to visit Mont -St- Michael has anybody been recently as i know there are big changes being made to the area but cant find a recent post
cheers rob
Rob.
At that time of the year U will have no problem finding places to overnight.
Just take it as it comes.:cool:

rebbyvid
02-05-2007, 20:08
Rob.
At that time of the year U will have no problem finding places to overnight.
Just take it as it comes.:cool:
will do m8 have sent pm with email
Rob

grath
02-05-2007, 20:14
will do m8 have sent pm with email
Rob
Yea, got it Rob

GARY ENGLISH
03-05-2007, 19:43
Went to mount st michael last july, stopped at bottom of slipway massive park for hundreds of vans.About 5 euros.,plenty around but this was right at the bottom of it.

rebbyvid
03-05-2007, 19:45
chers gary will get more info of you at meet at end of month
rob

rebbyvid
03-05-2007, 19:46
Went to mount st michael last july, stopped at bottom of slipway massive park for hundreds of vans.About 5 euros.,plenty around but this was right at the bottom of it.
cheers gary will get more info at meet at end of month
Rob

happybonzo
03-05-2007, 19:46
Something that may work is don't buy a ticket. When the matey comes round show him a 200 note and tell him that you have been trying to get change - that's the ture spirit of Wild Camping!
PJ, LT and myself got a Bolloking off two New Age Travellers last year for not doing that

rebbyvid
03-05-2007, 19:48
cheers gary will get info at meet
bonzo ---will try that
Rob

rebbyvid
03-05-2007, 20:01
gary will get info at meet
bonzo--- nice one will try that
Rob

happybonzo
03-05-2007, 20:15
gary will get info at meet
bonzo--- nice one will try that
Rob

They were brilliant. They were travelling around on 100 a week! They hadn't found any Brits to talk to (Can't imagine why...) PJ, LT and myself were the first Brits who hadn't run away as soon as they approached.
I don't know if you have ever been in a foreign country and not able to speak your own language but when you finally run into some-one its like having verbal diarrhoea. Well, that's what these two were like. Hell of a nice couple but starved of conversation

rebbyvid
03-05-2007, 20:17
They were brilliant. They were travelling around on 100 a week! They hadn't found any Brits to talk to (Can't imagine why...) PJ, LT and myself were the first Brits who hadn't run away as soon as they approached.
I don't know if you have ever been in a foreign country and not able to speak your own language but when you finally run into some-one its like having verbal diarrhoea. Well, that's what these two were like. Hell of a nice couple but starved of conversation
sound like my kinda people i've had 2 quid in my pocket for 2 weeks
Rob

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS