PDA

View Full Version : Rannock Rocks

Bexster
19-07-2010, 12:49
I joined this site last week as we had just bought our first Campervan and wanted to go Wild Camping, but didnt know where to start!! :confused:

Someone mentioned Loch Rannock, just past Pitlochry, and we thought we would give it a go......AND I AM SO GLAD WE DID :D!!!! It was stunning up there.....waking up to the views of the Loch were just breath taking!!!

We can't wait to have a return trip there and hope all our wild camping goes just as well as our first voyage! :D

Wee-z
19-07-2010, 15:21
Hi
great place up there isn't it.

Did you get up to the Station for a snack?
Were you wildng or did you use the site?
and of course you climbed Schiehallion
before breakfast :D

weez
Tony

Le Foot
23-08-2012, 17:49
Can anyone tell me if the roads and stop-over places along these lochs are big enough for our van..we are 7.25m long, and just under 4 tonne. We are off to Scotland on 31st Aug, and this is one area we have not done before.
Thanks,
Jackie :confused:

runnach
23-08-2012, 17:58
Fair bit of single track road in this neck of the woods, I imagine forestry trucks and the like use these roads, I reckon you will be fine, take a look via street view.

Cheers.

borderlove
23-08-2012, 20:30
I joined this site last week as we had just bought our first Campervan and wanted to go Wild Camping, but didnt know where to start!! :confused:

Someone mentioned Loch Rannock, just past Pitlochry, and we thought we would give it a go......AND I AM SO GLAD WE DID :D!!!! It was stunning up there.....waking up to the views of the Loch were just breath taking!!!

We can't wait to have a return trip there and hope all our wild camping goes just as well as our first voyage! :D

hi,it's
RANNOCH not RANNOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

borderlove
23-08-2012, 20:50
:welcome:
Can anyone tell me if the roads and stop-over places along these lochs are big enough for our van..we are 7.25m long, and just under 4 tonne. We are off to Scotland on 31st Aug, and this is one area we have not done before.
Thanks,
Jackie :confused:

hi,i fish up there regularly and if you are coming from the south e.g.Perth turn off the A9 signposted Foss same as from the north e.g. Inverness there are some places on the south side of Loch Tummel should be suitable.As for Loch Rannoch right up to Rannoch Station keep to the north side of the loch and you should be ok.
p.s. if anyone tries to tell you that you can't park overnight inform them that the local councils have now recinded this by-law as from June 2012.have a good one.

wivvys dad
24-08-2012, 04:32
hi,it's
RANNOCH not RANNOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That fuching told him

:wacko:

Bankfoot1
03-08-2015, 18:04
Might try Rannoch this weekend first time wild camping. :

reagarbett
06-09-2015, 16:42
Took advantage of this parking area on Saturday night, really great spot :)

groyne
07-09-2015, 08:52
Was at Rannnoch station a while back, their's a no overnighting sign in the carpark. As the hotel looks like it's now a Boutique B&B we didn't bother stopping.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS