PDA

View Full Version : near borth

19-02-2007, 22:21
on the A487 travelling towards aberystwyth after machynlleth there are a few laybys,the best 1 was on the left just before the petrol station near the turn off for borth,there is even a cafe there only 2 mins walk away,great for a stopover

18-03-2007, 12:05
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s166/sammclouis/cars-at-ynyslas.jpg
this is parking at ynyslas near borth but i know it has signs saying "no overnight parking" or "no camping" or something to that effect..but has anyone ever stayed here & had any problems...please let us know of any experiences,thanks sam ;)

18-03-2007, 12:21
iv circled ynyslas (borth) beach parking area,not sure if we can overnight here,any views appreciated
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s166/sammclouis/23329_2.jpg

grath
18-03-2007, 12:31
:cool: Sam, when leaving Aberystwyth and going to Borth, there are several pubs on the coast rd with parking near by. Also on the coast rd at Borth we saw a parking area with several m/h's. I do not really see any problem parking. Just cannot say exactly where.

18-03-2007, 12:34
:cool: Sam, when leaving Aberystwyth and going to Borth, there are several pubs on the coast rd with parking near by. Also on the coast rd at Borth we saw a parking area with several m/h's. I do not really see any problem parking. Just cannot say exactly where.
im sure we will have no probs mate,would be ace if we parked at ynyslas although i think they may be strict.......dave seems to think he will have to work on the fri :( :( :( as he said in the past they have wanted him to but if he does we will meet up as we said before fri & sat hopefully he will have sunday off :confused: and we can stay monday night too :D

grath
18-03-2007, 12:37
im sure we will have no probs mate,would be ace if we parked at ynyslas although i think they may be strict.......dave seems to think he will have to work on the fri :( :( :( as he said in the past they have wanted him to but if he does we will meet up as we said before fri & sat hopefully he will have sunday off :confused: and we can stay monday night too :D
Sam, just keep us informed. We will do it some way!:cool:

18-03-2007, 12:38
Sam, just keep us informed. We will do it some way!:cool:
your more experienced than us........wildcamping that is he he :D :D :D

grath
18-03-2007, 12:40
your more experienced than us........wildcamping that is he he :D :D :D
Might have done more of that! You never know!:p ;) :p ;) :D
ha ha ha

virgil
18-03-2007, 16:18
The only problem with parking at Ynyslas is that you will step out of the MH in the morning and get your feet wet! The tide comes in all the way to the wooden posts!

grath
18-03-2007, 16:19
The only problem with parking at Ynyslas is that you will step out of the MH in the morning and get your feet wet! The tide comes in all the way to the wooden posts!
Won't be putting my tyres on sand!;) :p

18-03-2007, 16:20
i wasnt aware of this....:(

chopper
30-03-2007, 08:46
on the left hand side before you get to inyslas
theres a car park you can stay at 5 pound per night
the barier is across the main entrance but to the side theres a gate you can open to get out if theres an emergency

nice grass area and sand right next to the dunes
just over the wooden barier is the beach
stayed there about 8 times last year normaly around 4 vans on there nice people and always end up with a barbie at night

30-03-2007, 19:10
on the left hand side before you get to inyslas
theres a car park you can stay at 5 pound per night
the barier is across the main entrance but to the side theres a gate you can open to get out if theres an emergency

nice grass area and sand right next to the dunes
just over the wooden barier is the beach
stayed there about 8 times last year normaly around 4 vans on there nice people and always end up with a barbie at night
thanks chopper :D

whamilton3330
24-01-2009, 20:15
I parked on the sand at Ynyslas, only to be woken at 7am by a very irate "ranger" telling me how stupid I was, and if I got bogged down in the wet sand, there would be a charge of 150. for her to tow me out. Also it is a protected area, as are the dunes, and I was breaking a by law.

tried parking by the sea wall in Borth, only to have a local call the police as I was obstructing the view from her house. The policeman advised me to try the Bryn Owen site, as it caters for motorhomes, and it was not unknown for the local "boyo's" who frequent the beach at night to scratch the living daylights into your vans paintwork as you sleep.

grath
24-01-2009, 20:19
I parked on the sand at Ynyslas, only to be woken at 7am by a very irate "ranger" telling me how stupid I was, and if I got bogged down in the wet sand, there would be a charge of 150. for her to tow me out. Also it is a protected area, as are the dunes, and I was breaking a by law.

tried parking by the sea wall in Borth, only to have a local call the police as I was obstructing the view from her house. The policeman advised me to try the Bryn Owen site, as it caters for motorhomes, and it was not unknown for the local "boyo's" who frequent the beach at night to scratch the living daylights into your vans paintwork as you sleep.

Aberystwyth prom (only a few miles away) is quite safe and motorhome friendly, we have overnighted many times here without problem:D

grath
24-01-2009, 20:48
Thinking of either Aberystwith or Caernafron for Easter this year.
Wilding of course:D

twosugars
02-03-2009, 12:43
i have parked by the old railway bridge on the coast just north of tywyn before now, dead end road no facilities but quiet (no trains while i was there). From center of tywyn by station turn down idris villas, follow it then turn right just before the level crossing and follow road to the end. police had a drive past around 11pm but didn't stop

*** limited turning at bridge - would suit smaller motorhomes only ***

52 deg 36'15.86N
4 deg 07'05.08W

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS