PDA

View Full Version : oliva,spain

19-02-2007, 22:26
any body been to oliva spain,woukld like to swap stories,if you havnt been.....why not!!! its simply the best ,very friendly for campers with loads of different campsites right on the beach,only around a mile from oliva town

derek500
01-03-2007, 08:36
any body been to oliva spain,woukld like to swap stories,if you havnt been.....why not!!! its simply the best ,very friendly for campers with loads of different campsites right on the beach,only around a mile from oliva town

Are they the 20€ a night type campsites? What about wild?

01-03-2007, 10:56
Are they the 20€ a night type campsites? What about wild?
we went a few years ago before we got a M/H we had a tent,was good fun,we bought our M/H from a guy who had visited exactly the same place as we did,not sure if i could wild abroad anyway?they talk about bandits & people getting into trouble because the english stick out like sore thumbs,have you wild camped abroad? :)

jann
01-03-2007, 17:48
Wild camping is more accepted abroad than it is in Britain. We have wild camped in Spainand Portugal in winter without any problems. Always look out for what other people are doing. We have wild camped in summer in Luxembourg,Germany,Belgium,Austria and of course France,though the latter isn't really neccesary owing to the amount of Aires there are.
If you don't feel comfortable then don't stop.
We have stayed at Calpe ,which is North East of Benidorm.This was in town by the harbour,with clear signs saying no motorhomes,but noone else seemed to bother,not even the police who patrolled the street in a car several times.

01-03-2007, 18:28
I don't know why everyone go's on about the Mediterranean coast of Spain.
I spent over 15 years of International truck driving to Spain and I much prefer the Atlantic coast and the Basque country anytime. :cool: I have had 2 holidays in this region & this is the real Spain. Very few Brits.:cool: What more could U ask for:cool:

derek500
01-03-2007, 19:18
we went a few years ago before we got a M/H we had a tent,was good fun,we bought our M/H from a guy who had visited exactly the same place as we did,not sure if i could wild abroad anyway?they talk about bandits & people getting into trouble because the english stick out like sore thumbs,have you wild camped abroad? :)

I live here and have a Spanish registered MH, and I've had no problems.

derek500
01-03-2007, 19:21
I spent over 15 years of International truck driving to Spain and I much prefer the Atlantic coast and the Basque country anytime. :cool: I have had 2 holidays in this region & this is the real Spain. Very few Brits.:cool: What more could U ask for:cool:

I live in Valencia on the Mediterranean coast. Definately real Spain here and very few Brits!!

Seventy miles down the road and it's a different story - Loads of Brits and it seems very few Spanish!!

01-03-2007, 19:44
I live in Valencia on the Mediterranean coast. Definitely real Spain here and very few Brits!!

Seventy miles down the road and it's a different story - Loads of Brits and it seems very few Spanish!!
Hi Derek,
I know ur area as well .
I used to go to Almusafes near to the prison & the Ford factory. Never felt safe & even the locals told me to be carefully where I parked.
Not too far away in Nules (Casteleon) my truck was broken into by Spanish & not immigrants & a second attempted robbery in the same day.
In the Basque country they would cut off their hands if they had caught them, but in Nules all I got was a crime number.
I must say that I really do like Spain & in particular the Spanish but I never felt safe near to Valencia.
Nules is or was very bad for crime & Almusafes was not much better.
I once parked up to overnight near to a garage in Almusafes & the garage owner told me that his lights went out at 2200 hrs & it was un safe to overnight there due to bandits. Bandits was his word!
Valencia is a beautifully city & I hope that you enjoy it.
I can tell u more about how the criminal element target trucks of all nationalities but that would take too long.
Anyway I wish you all the best but I do prefer the Basque area. (everyone to their own)

monkeynut
01-03-2007, 19:46
Fantastic part of spain the mountains have a great alpine feel to them and the coast is just great , great access to the picos de europa and the cantabrica and as Grath said very few brits ,
Derek have you been to Riano in the cantabrica just a beutifull place and great mountains / ice cold beer good tapas n no brits ;)
luego
ps, some great places down south but away from the coast

01-03-2007, 20:05
Fantastic part of spain the mountains have a great alpine feel to them and the coast is just great , great access to the picos de europa and the cantabrica and as Grath said very few brits ,
Derek have you been to Riano in the cantabrica just a beutifull place and great mountains / ice cold beer good tapas n no brits ;)
luego
ps, some great places down south but away from the coast
San Vicente de Baquera, Comolas, Foz, San Ciprian :) :D & many more.
Just a few of the places with many small fishing villeges between them.
Please excuse the spelling if any are wrong Also do not forget the Pamplona:cool: area & the Picos de Europe.:cool:

02-03-2007, 10:50
thanks for all your feedback about wilding it abroad,my confidence is growing,maybe next year we will give it a try :)

billy1000
07-03-2007, 15:15
thanks for all your feedback about wilding it abroad,my confidence is growing,maybe next year we will give it a try :)

Need to think about what you will do with the dog Samm. If going in summer months kennels are booked up early. Might have got that wrong. Was it you or Cas that had the staffi cross?

virgil
07-03-2007, 16:10
Need to think about what you will do with the dog Samm. If going in summer months kennels are booked up early. Might have got that wrong. Was it you or Cas that had the staffi cross?

Methinx Samms is a Boxer.

billy1000
07-03-2007, 16:35
Methinx Samms is a Boxer. Yeah, I think it is Cas that has the Staffi Cross.

07-03-2007, 20:52
iv got a boxer called millie,i would never put her in kennels, only home sitter,when i go to greece(by air travel..not motorhome:( ) in june my mate is having her as my regular homesitter has emigrated!!! what that says about millie i don't know :D

07-03-2007, 20:53
Methinx Samms is a Boxer.
you thinks right virg,top marks for memory ;)

Kontiki
31-03-2007, 17:27
Not that far from Oliva at the moment, we are on a campsite Los Pinos close to Denia @ 10€ a night inc electricity & wifi for a further 2€ a week it has been a bit of a rest from wild camping & we have managed to get ourselves sorted out ready for another spell of wild camping.
Some of the place we wild camped at on our way
Javea near to the beach Arenals on car park near to Burger King, can recommend Scallops resurant English food but very good quality & cheap. Stayed about 4 nights but woke up one morning with a sticker from the police on the windscreen telling us to move on.
El Campello near to the port.
La Marina in the dunes next to the beach.
Mil Palmeras we were moved by the police after one night but went back a day later & stayed for a couple more nights.

01-04-2007, 10:55
Not that far from Oliva at the moment, we are on a campsite Los Pinos close to Denia @ 10€ a night inc electricity & wifi for a further 2€ a week it has been a bit of a rest from wild camping & we have managed to get ourselves sorted out ready for another spell of wild camping.
Some of the place we wild camped at on our way
Javea near to the beach Arenals on car park near to Burger King, can recommend Scallops resurant English food but very good quality & cheap. Stayed about 4 nights but woke up one morning with a sticker from the police on the windscreen telling us to move on.
El Campello near to the port.
La Marina in the dunes next to the beach.
Mil Palmeras we were moved by the police after one night but went back a day later & stayed for a couple more nights.
we went to denia nice little place,i am so envious right now,oh i wish i was there!!!!enjoy yes,and in oliva in the main square there is a smashing little chinese restaurant,spot on if your into chinese,and very cheap too..happy exploring.....samm x:D

monkeynut
01-04-2007, 11:01
what route did you take to get down there ? couple of years ago me n my mate took a 3500mile trip quickliy through france and tour around some mountain regions of spain and just touched on on the culture of that great country
while your down south Try Trevelez up in the Sierra Nevada or the los Lomas camsite at Güejar-Sierra great views n well worth the money, Fantastic area
Dont for get there is a fantastic northern coast too :)

01-04-2007, 11:07
what route did you take to get down there ? couple of years ago me n my mate took a 3500mile trip quickliy through france and tour around some mountain regions of spain and just touched on on the culture of that great country
while your down south Try Trevelez up in the Sierra Nevada or the los Lomas camsite at Güejar-Sierra great views n well worth the money, Fantastic area
Dont for get there is a fantastic northern coast too :)
we stopped off at
1.paris
2.orcet(clermont -errand)france
3.montpellier,france
4.salou,spain
5.oliva,spain
6.benidorm

we met the family in benidorm and spent 5 days here,we were camping in a tent on tha way down :D
it was great fun and id love to do it again in the motorhome.....next year hopefully,it'd be so much more fun in the motorhome :p

monkeynut
01-04-2007, 11:22
Yup it is :) did it one year in a fiat panda4x4 n tents(three of us!) Yuppers campervan or motorhome deffo the best way

01-04-2007, 12:26
Yup it is :) did it one year in a fiat panda4x4 n tents(three of us!) Yuppers campervan or motorhome deffo the best way
yes good fun in a tent although we had problems with these massive ants in salou,oh my they were rather BIG!! and they were everywhere!!:eek:
next time the motorhome for sure!!:D

zulurita
01-04-2007, 13:30
We did the north coast of Spain Autumn 2005 and enjoyed more of the real Spain. We then headed into Portugal. All the places away from the very busy tourist areas we good and found lots of places to wild camp.
With all the break-ins in the Southern "Costas" of Spain not too keen on returning there anymore.

MANtruck
10-09-2013, 22:18
Hi
Used to free camp just behind the beach between Kiko Park and Eurocamping.It was amazing. Have been told it has stopped all camping except for one very crowded area as you go in.
Can anyone comment?
Thank you
Tel

kenspain
11-09-2013, 06:29
Hi
Used to free camp just behind the beach between Kiko Park and Eurocamping.It was amazing. Have been told it has stopped all camping except for one very crowded area as you go in.
Can anyone comment?
Thank you
Tel

Take it from me now it,s getting very hard to wild near the beach better inland my son has told me that his station had a memo this year to move on motorhomes that park up on the beach so take care :wave:

Gemani2
11-09-2013, 08:50
Murcia is lovely, not many Brits, inland Murcia no Brits, the coastal resorts of Calabadina, Aquilas not many Brits at all...went to the Sierra Espuna by car...stunning..and inland from Lorca to Caravacca is the most lovely stunning scenery, mountains, open countryside ..wish I was there now just thinking about it! And if you ever get a chance go to the ' Festival of the wine horses' in Caravacca de la cruz, in May , it'll take your breath away...with absolutely no health and safety anywhere! Love it.

MORGANTHEMOON
11-09-2013, 08:52
Great thread, gives you a taste of what's out there.
Can't wait to retire when the buggers let me go.

kenspain
11-09-2013, 11:57
Great thread, gives you a taste of what's out there.
Can't wait to retire when the buggers let me go.

When they do let you go pop over and see me i will show you some nice safe places to park up:wave:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS