PDA

View Full Version : Marine drive, Scarborough

chilly
26-07-2010, 07:14
What's the Council's stance on Marine Drive?
We stayed there on Saturday night no problems, yet it's not on the WildCamping Google map. There are no signs saying no sleeping over. There was about another 16 vans there also.
Got the binoculars out at the castle above and could see at least 4 vans up at Scalby mills so I guess the council haven't imposed the threatened restrictions there.

robert b
26-07-2010, 10:34
as far as i no some one put a message on site saying that the council had put it on hold for now lets hope it stays that way

Canalsman
26-07-2010, 18:46
What's the Council's stance on Marine Drive?
We stayed there on Saturday night no problems, yet it's not on the WildCamping Google map. There are no signs saying no sleeping over. There was about another 16 vans there also.

I didn't add it to the Wild Camping database because the status of Marine Drive wasn't clear.

If someone can give an update, that would be great.

Many thanks

Chris

kimbowbill
26-07-2010, 21:27
I received and email from SBC stating restrictions are on hold for now, would post this up but my email is down, sorry

chilly
27-07-2010, 04:41
I received and email from SBC stating restrictions are on hold for now, would post this up but my email is down, sorry

So, does that mean they tolerate overnighting for the time being?

Have to say it's a great spot for access to the town centre - marred only by the boy racers who speed by* (don't park on the cobbled section:))

*According to SWMBO, ...after several pints of 'summer ale' in the Leeds Arms, I was out like a light:D

We woke to similar views to this on sunday morning...
Marine Drive and North Bay, Scarborough UK - Virtual Scarborough Tour. (http://www.vrscarborough.co.uk/virtual-scarborough-tour/source/1932-marine-drive.html)

Lidders
23-03-2011, 08:44
I went to Marine Drive a couple of weeks ago it was free before 01/03/2011. Advertised at 6 for 24 hours. No signs regarding 'No overnight parking'. It was great a short walk to the sea front and pubs and cafe's.

Lidders

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS