PDA

View Full Version : oswestry

20-02-2007, 09:57
the top of the old racecourse 3 miles out of oswestry there is a great carpark with no height barriers,fantastic views over oswestry,follow the B4580 towards llansilin,proceed up a large hill,when you level out at the top take the next left towards trefonen,you will see the large carpark 1/4 mile up this road on the right :cool:

05-06-2007, 22:57
no probs to stop on the pedigree carpark...no hight barrier,no tickets,no charge whatsoever....quiet enough too..about 1/2 a mile from town centre...if your into town stopovers its perfect....sammx
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s166/sammclouis/X1320Y1314S10W700H400.gif

Caz
25-05-2011, 13:04
The Old Racecourse is a good one, no parking charges and I can't see any signs saying no camping or overnighting.

I would avoid the Pedigree on Tuesday nights and wednesday (market day).

There's a huge layby on the A495 - the Whittington/Ellesmere/Whitchurch road about 2 miles out of town on the left just before Whittington.
This road has a lot of big laybys between Oswestry and Whitchurch due to road straightening in the 70's.

Whittington Castle car park now has a charge - on an honesty basis - please pay as it goes towards the upkeep of the Castle.

Canalsman
25-05-2011, 17:39
The Old Racecourse is a good one, no parking charges and I can't see any signs saying no camping or overnighting.

I would avoid the Pedigree on Tuesday nights and wednesday (market day).

There's a huge layby on the A495 - the Whittington/Ellesmere/Whitchurch road about 2 miles out of town on the left just before Whittington.
This road has a lot of big laybys between Oswestry and Whitchurch due to road straightening in the 70's.

Whittington Castle car park now has a charge - on an honesty basis - please pay as it goes towards the upkeep of the Castle.

Thanks for the update :)

Chris

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS