PDA

View Full Version : Concern regarding the age of posts

Martinsouthwales
27-07-2010, 21:09
Hi All,

I am fairly new to Wildcamping although I did actually join this site in 2008. In getting to grips with the site I am concnerned regarding how old some of the posts are. For example I was looking to find suitable spots in Derbyshire and found the relevant entries very interesting - Monsal Head for instance and Surprise View CP at Hathersage. However, after getting all fired up and ready to roll I realised that the posts I was reading are up to five years old. I no longer feel confident to rely on them. am I missing something here? Maybe there ae updates or an up to date database of wildcamping spots that I haven't yet discovered? Can anyone enlighten me please?

Marti:confused:n

Canalsman
27-07-2010, 21:14
Hi All,

I am fairly new to Wildcamping although I did actually join this site in 2008. In getting to grips with the site I am concnerned regarding how old some of the posts are. For example I was looking to find suitable spots in Derbyshire and found the relevant entries very interesting - Monsal Head for instance and Surprise View CP at Hathersage. However, after getting all fired up and ready to roll I realised that the posts I was reading are up to five years old. I no longer feel confident to rely on them. am I missing something here? Maybe there ae updates or an up to date database of wildcamping spots that I haven't yet discovered? Can anyone enlighten me please?

Marti:confused:n

Hi Martin

Take a look at the Wildcamping Map & POI forum - this should answer your questions ...

Regards

Chris

Nosha
28-07-2010, 17:30
From memory the site started around 5yrs ago, so everyone was listing places like mad! It now seems that now they've all been listed there are very few new listings... perhaps people have found a favourite spot or two and are not so venturing to newer places. I'm sure if anyone tried a spot that's changed or closed they would submit an update - I hope! So although they are 5yrs old they should still be useable.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS