PDA

View Full Version : insurance renewal

GARY ENGLISH
01-08-2010, 20:02
Just had renewal through for my motorhome,now only 282 pounds with camping and caravanning club.Excellant service and coverage, just dropped 100 pounds, must be because fifty now.:eek:

Admin
01-08-2010, 20:41
Just had renewal through for my motorhome,now only 282 pounds with camping and caravanning club.Excellant service and coverage, just dropped 100 pounds, must be because fifty now.:eek:

I was with them a few years ago and they were brill, only changed because I purchased an imported vehicle that was not yet fully converted.

Kontiki
17-10-2010, 19:20
Never thought to try them, I've been with Saga the last couple of years as they came out with the best quote but this year its coming £419 :eek: with european breakdown cover. I liked the idea that it gave both me & the wife third party cover to drive another car (occasionally we have use of both of our daughters cars as we don't have a car & it saves them putting us on the insurance).
Ringing around I am managing to get to around £330 (this includes unlimited foreign use & EU breakdown) I found though that only Comfort will give just me third party use of another vehicle, all the others don't allow any third party use even for the main policy holder :mad:.

vera
18-10-2010, 07:17
If you are a member of the Caravan Club they guarentee to beat you quote by 25, we did it last year, have gone with Saga this year as they were cheaper when we added european breakdown, if you get a quote for home insurance they reduce your price by 15.

Sue:D

Kontiki
18-10-2010, 10:01
Not a member of the CC but the C&CC, also I think you will find that any of them only say they will beat the quote of your renewal (all renewals tend to be dearer than new business).
C&CC could give me a quote for the van including full EU cover for the year unlimited use but couldn't give me EU breakdown cover for the same (it was for limited amount of length of trip) they said I had to contact the RAC direct using a ref. number to get a discount. After contacting them going through the details until it came to the length (mine is 7.05 mts) only to be told they couldn't cover anything over 7 metres :confused: I have a quote from Comfort including RAC breakdown cover :confused::confused: it's looking like my best option at the moment (331) even though it's not quite the cheapest they are giving me what I need.
I did get one quote of almost a thousand :eek: I said I didn't want to buy the company only wanted insurance :rolleyes:

John Thompson
19-10-2010, 06:51
Not a member of the CC but the C&CC, also I think you will find that any of them only say they will beat the quote of your renewal (all renewals tend to be dearer than new business).
C&CC could give me a quote for the van including full EU cover for the year unlimited use but couldn't give me EU breakdown cover for the same (it was for limited amount of length of trip) they said I had to contact the RAC direct using a ref. number to get a discount. After contacting them going through the details until it came to the length (mine is 7.05 mts) only to be told they couldn't cover anything over 7 metres :confused: I have a quote from Comfort including RAC breakdown cover :confused::confused: it's looking like my best option at the moment (331) even though it's not quite the cheapest they are giving me what I need.
I did get one quote of almost a thousand :eek: I said I didn't want to buy the company only wanted insurance :rolleyes:

Hi Kontiki

We went with Comfort because they gave us what we needed now and for the future as 70 is approaching.

Full Timing insurance with all we had, is about 1000 a year plus the Car on trailer amounts to another 760.

They give excelent service but are not cheap.

John

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS