PDA

View Full Version : First 'Tour' of Europe next week!

Wez
18-08-2010, 00:00
Hi all,

Just thought i'd stop by and say myself and my girlfriend are planning our first trip into europe in Skwishi (my van... HERE (http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/show-us-your-van-motorhome/6325-my-conversion-work-progress.html)

I am driving down from newcastle to dover on the night of monday 23rd aug to get the tuesday 5 am LD Lines ferry to Boulogne.
Once in france we're going to head up to Amsterdam as my girlfriend has never been before, we hope to arrive there about mid day where we have booked our first nights stop at a campsite as I will be rather tired and want an easy nights sleep. Hopefully we will get a few hours of amsterdam in before i fall asleep on my feet!

Then after that on the wed we're off up to Paderborn in Germany to visit my girlfriends family for a night....

then after that we are free to roam untill we need to catch the return ferry at 5am on mon 30th at 5 am.

I would quite like to try and get down to lake geneva via besancon, but not too fussed

One thing I dont want to be on are the french toll roads, expensive and boring! I would actually like to see some of the country, not miles of straight tarmac!

Oh and i have just bought the 2010 Aires de Services Camping-Car book off ebay, so lets hope that arrives in time.

So... where do you well travelled people suggest?
anybody on the same ferry crossing as me? look out for the lil green camper ;)

Regards,
Wez.

vera
18-08-2010, 07:50
Hi Wez
Sounds like a great trip,we have the French Aires book that you have just bought and it is a mine of information.
We also have the Bord atlas for Germany that lists all the Stelplatz and they are everywhere in Germany.
It might be worth paying to become a full member then you could download the wildcamping spots that other members have added.
Hope you enjoy your trip,and if you are tired on the return journey from Dover the Park and ride at Canterbury is only a couple of pound to stay overnight.We also live in the North and always find it tiring after the drive off the ferry and round the M25

Happy travels
Sue

Wez
06-09-2010, 13:14
Hi,

Just thought i'd stop by and say my camping trip went great. Van was fine and me and my g/f had a nice time and visited some lovely places.

Newcastle->Dover->Boulogne->Amsterdam->Padderborn (West Germany)->Strasbourg->Paris->Then head home.

The Free 'Aire' in Strasbourg centre behind the youth hostel is amazing - with a huge park, water fountains, wlks and kids play areas within a few hundred metres.

Hope to do south france and alps next year :D

0898holly
27-09-2010, 20:06
Hi,

Not sure how to create a new thread so adding to this one as its our first Europe trip as well!

We're off for our honeymoon on the 21st Dec. Doing ferry to hook of Holland then to Amsterdam and to Venice for new year. Gonna be coming back through east France.

We are really loose on where we'll go but does anyone have any "must see/do" ideas for this trip?

Thanks in advance.

0898holly
27-09-2010, 20:35
Hi,

Not sure how to create a new thread so adding to this one as its our first Europe trip as well!

We're off for our honeymoon on the 21st Dec. Doing ferry to hook of Holland then to Amsterdam and to Venice for new year. Gonna be coming back through east France.

We are really loose on where we'll go but does anyone have any "must see/do" ideas for this trip?

Thanks in advance.

Thinking of something like this route

Amsterdam, The Netherlands to Venice, Italy - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=amsterdam&daddr=47.73313,9.88173+to:venice&hl=en&geocode=FSkpHwMdN6FKAClN_N7pjwnGRzGQdB6NWt4ABA%3BF YpZ2AIdgsiWACk7RlyO0JibRzE-OrJBXvEgvw%3BFeBFtQIdYEa8ACkfb1JTCq9-RzGwX5EVhwkHBA&mra=ls&via=1&dirflg=t&doflg=ptm&sll=48.88747,8.616425&sspn=12.514297,39.506836&ie=UTF8&ll=48.908059,8.613281&spn=1.5633,4.938354&t=h&z=8)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS