PDA

View Full Version : Fulltiming insurance

sandav
18-08-2010, 11:57
I have trawled the internet and the only company that I can find that offer a policy for fulltiming are Comfort.

We are going to let our property in this country so I am told that we are technically declaring ourselves homeless and all companies apart from Comfort require a residence in this country. All Comfort require is a forwarding address for their fulltiming policy. They are quoting me 1032 for a fulltiming policy.

Have other members had difficulties in getting insurance for fulltiming?

Many thanks
sandav

John Thompson
18-08-2010, 12:28
I was insured with Comfort already and got full-timing cover with no problems.

One thing to bear in mind however is that Comfort do not provide any cover for your vehicle if it is out of your custody or control for repairs or upkeep. No cover if you give your keys to anyone.

I have found them an excellent company to deal with so far.

John

vera
18-08-2010, 12:47
I too have had a quote from Comfort which beats all my other quotes, although not for Fulltiming.
The thing that is putting me off is they do not operate a protected claims system, so that if you do have an accident with them then in following years move to another company you would probably loose your no claims history.
Their advisor has assured me that this would not be the case as they would not of used your no claims initially.
Anyone have any answers?

Sue

John Thompson
18-08-2010, 13:08
I too have had a quote from Comfort which beats all my other quotes, although not for Fulltiming.
The thing that is putting me off is they do not operate a protected claims system, so that if you do have an accident with them then in following years move to another company you would probably loose your no claims history.
Their advisor has assured me that this would not be the case as they would not of used your no claims initially.
Anyone have any answers?

Sue

Hi Vera

I have protected no claims with Comfort on my policy. They allow 2 blame/claim incidents in a 5 year period. If you exceed this you drop back by two years.

John

vera
19-08-2010, 07:24
Thanks John,
maybe they have changed the way they do new policys but both Comfort and Insurance choice have assured me that they will not do no claims protection, so it looks like it will have to be Saga.
I will ring Comfort again this morning just to double check and let you know if I have any luck.
Once again thanks for your help, that is the great thing with this forum someone always has the answer.
Sue

vera
19-08-2010, 08:08
The man from Delmontie ( Comfort) said no
They stopped covering the No Claims bonus in July last year.
So as we have built up full no claims bonus I will have to look elsewhere.:(

John Thompson
08-09-2010, 12:38
I have trawled the internet and the only company that I can find that offer a policy for fulltiming are Comfort.

We are going to let our property in this country so I am told that we are technically declaring ourselves homeless and all companies apart from Comfort require a residence in this country. All Comfort require is a forwarding address for their fulltiming policy. They are quoting me 1032 for a fulltiming policy.

Many thanks
sandav

I have just had the renewal from Comfort for our Smart Car which we carry on a trailer behind the Motorhome.

When we went FULL TIME last March we were charged an extra premium on the Motorhome for full time use, but I was told then, that there was no increase on the car insurance. Both vehicles also have RAC UK & Europe breakdown insurance included in the premium. Both are insured through Comfort with AVIVA.

Our premium was 29.33 month for the Car (351.96). and 48.97 a month for the Motorhome with the added premium of 388.41 added in cash on 01/03/10 (587.64 + 388.41 = 976.64).

The new car premium is 729.93 from the 1st August. When I queried this I was told that the increase was for the additional risk of the car being behind the Motorhome on the trailer or on sites (not Garaged). (729 minus 351 is an increase of 378).

I went on-line yesterday to get facts before contacting Comfort. With AVIVA their online quote for the Smart was 204.16.

I quoted this to Comfort with the quote reference. Steve at Comfort took the details and checked for himself. He then telephoned me back after contacting AVIVA and said the extra premium was because of the extra risks as I was full timing and the car was being carried behind the motorhome or was on site un-garaged. 525 additional premium for going Full Time.

I am now awaiting the premium for the Motorhome due 1st December.

John

Old_Arthur
08-09-2010, 12:52
i put a thread in rants and raves this morning about insurance but it's not shown up on new post's ?? the jest of it was we get nothing for being loyal to a company i was with the coop for a good 30yrs and never had a shilling (5p ) back on a claim not even a letter asking why i moved welcome to the new world:mad: every year we are forced shop around that can't be good business sence

shawbags
11-09-2011, 20:11

Many thanks
sandav

If you still own a house then you should insure your camper as you normally would,there are no ristrictions on policys to say how often you can use your van and stay in it overnihght.
If you had sold your house and were homeless and had no mail address i could understand your problem,why in your position are you insuring for fulltiming ?,Shawbags.

shawbags
11-09-2011, 20:21
i put a thread in rants and raves this morning about insurance but it's not shown up on new post's ?? the jest of it was we get nothing for being loyal to a company i was with the coop for a good 30yrs and never had a shilling (5p ) back on a claim not even a letter asking why i moved welcome to the new world:mad: every year we are forced shop around that can't be good business sence

Hi arthur,people do not give a **** anymore,there is no customer service and coop should be ashamed of there selves for not giving you a loyalty bonus for 30 years bussiness.
i was reading the thread about an insurance company holding back someones no claims bonus and i ike how the managing director of the company has now come running because someone has told there story on these forums,if they treated people with respect in the first place there would have been no problem.
Insurance companys do not realise how sites like these can bring them a lot of bussiness but also get them noticed for bad practice,cheers Shawbags.

POWER TO WILDCAMPING.CO.UK.

PendleWitch
14-02-2012, 15:53
Does anyone know of a company that will cover us for personal belongings such as laptop, camera etc? We are going with Comfort for the van insurance, but unfortunately they don't offer personal belongings insurance other than for camping equipment. I've spent the afternoon ringing around, but no joy, hoping someone out there will be able to help!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS