PDA

View Full Version : Hayle

roifromnwales
18-10-2004, 20:42
there are three places to wild camp in Hayle.

1 the first is by the north Quay as you come into Hayle from the south. It is wide open and a little windy but only a very short walk to the shops. park near the arches to get out of the wind. tv recept ok but no water.

2 as you go thru town there is a very narrow road across a bridge signposted swimming pool. we spent 3 nights in the car park alongside with a nice view across the copper pool. we were parked next to a converted bus who told us that they were never bothered and they were full time.

3. instead of turning to swimming pool car park go straight on. it is signed as a private road but has access to a beach car park. we didn't use this but the bus dwellers told us they use it often.

Hayle has the best fresh baked cornish pasties I've tasted. bakery in town.

vogue
29-01-2005, 15:33
Originally posted by roifromnwales@Oct 18 2004, 08:42 PM
there are three places to wild camp in Hayle.

1 the first is by the north Quay as you come into Hayle from the south. It is wide open and a little windy but only a very short walk to the shops. park near the arches to get out of the wind. tv recept ok but no water.

2 as you go thru town there is a very narrow road across a bridge signposted swimming pool. we spent 3 nights in the car park alongside with a nice view across the copper pool. we were parked next to a converted bus who told us that they were never bothered and they were full time.

3. instead of turning to swimming pool car park go straight on. it is signed as a private road but has access to a beach car park. we didn't use this but the bus dwellers told us they use it often.

Hayle has the best fresh baked cornish pasties I've tasted. bakery in town.
just like to say.we arrived at hale at about eight in the evening.there were another two vans on the site,under the arches.this was last august.we settled down for the night.then just after midnight,knock knock.that familiar rap that only sacurity guards have,he was a polite young chap.sorry sir you'll have to move on.i then enquired about the carpark over the iron bridge,he said no chance we patrol that one as well.so all three vans got chucked of the site.also earlier in the evening we were getting funny looks from the boat owners.as they gathered in a group.i found it not a very weloming place at all.so not knowing the area too well,we set off in thick fog.after a couple of miles we found a layby,had a restless night.so wont be going there again.

hake
22-08-2009, 12:13
Can confirm that Hayle is still the pasty capital of the World.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS