PDA

View Full Version : Basque country

magbrin
19-08-2010, 20:47
Our plan (timing dependant on arrival of first grandbaby) is to visit the Basque country - France and Spain - in the autumn, and then follow the Ebro valley to the East Coast of Spain.

I would appreciate any relevent information on places to visit, routes to take, places to stay (aires, France Passion, wild and the odd site now and again to have a shower, in case the solar shower doesn't perform too well at that time of year!! ), walk, paddle (dinghy), even swim. An anything NOT to do!

Likely timing is late October/early November. I am told that this can be a good time in the French Pais Basque, with clear days and excellent light. However I am also aware that it can be wet. If it is - we'll move on

Look forward to hearing your experiences of the area.
Magbrin

Mudders
20-08-2010, 14:20
Biscarrosse, on the coast halfway between Bordeaux and Spain, is a lovely place to stop for the night or more. Fresh water lake, fantastic for swimming. Out of season you can stop right by the lake, toilets available, or there's an aire with some facilities, and a restaurant within walking distance

magbrin
21-08-2010, 21:10
Biscarrosse, on the coast halfway between Bordeaux and Spain, is a lovely place to stop for the night or more. Fresh water lake, fantastic for swimming. Out of season you can stop right by the lake, toilets available, or there's an aire with some facilities, and a restaurant within walking distance

Many Thanks for the tip

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS