PDA

View Full Version : Strasbourg - Free Aire

Wez
06-09-2010, 13:37
Hi,

I've just got back from a week away in europe, stopped off one night in Strasbourg in a free Aire.
Lovely area, very clean... presumably becuase of the large park and gardens it is situated in "Jardin des deux rives"
Plenty to see and do around here within 15mins walk, huge park with loads of water faetures, play areas for kids, marquees with live music, then walk over the beatiful suspesion bridge into germany and turn right towards the sports complex where there is a lake with massive water fountains, more walks and cycle paths, lakeside cafes and bars and a kiddies mini 'water play area' park.
Not to mention the few hundred feet tower to climb... great views from up there! AND ALL FREE!

The Aire looked newly built with water and EHUs if needed, no toilets/showers but you can use the ones in the youth hostel 200yds away.

I think there was another run down aire there - but this one looked brand new. Had a hassle free night with a few other larger and far more expensive motorhomes...

Reccomended!

Location is 'Rue des Cavaliers' behind the youth hostel 'Auberege de Jeunesse des Deux Rives'

I've found it on google maps, looks like theres 4 happy campers there in the sattelite image...

Hope this link works:
rue des cavaliers - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=rue+des+cavaliers&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=10.885322,28.081055&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Rue+des+Cavaliers,+67000+Strasbourg,+Bas-Rhin,+Alsace,+France&ll=48.566292,7.79995&spn=0.002975,0.006856&t=h&z=17)

suej
06-09-2010, 16:18
That's nice to know Wez, as Strasburg is a lovely place to visit. We were there a couple of years ago, but ended up staying on a campsite as we couldn't find anywhere else. The place is well worth another visit so I've made a note of your info for future use
Sue :)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS