PDA

View Full Version : self sufficient week in New Forrest 2011

LaughingHeart
06-09-2010, 13:55
I have acquired a nice flat meadow to use for a self sufficient meet in the heart of the New Forrest with basic Portacabin loos, water and a disposal point. No showers or power. No limit on pitch size or number of folk per pitch. Dogs welcome etc. Only 50 quid per unit for the week and at own risk!
Early August 2011.

Please show interest here.

Paol.

Randonneur
06-09-2010, 14:49
Hi Paol,

Yes, we're interested. We've always wanted to visit the New Forest.

Did you get my PM by the way. :confused: :confused:

LaughingHeart
06-09-2010, 17:12
Hi Paol,

Yes, we're interested. We've always wanted to visit the New Forest.

Did you get my PM by the way. :confused: :confused:

No PM recieved...Details of meet in usual place on fred's funny farm. PM me there!
See you very soon!
Paol.

Randonneur
06-09-2010, 18:47
No PM recieved...Details of meet in usual place on fred's funny farm. PM me there!
See you very soon!
Paol.

Hi Paol, pm was to tell you we're unable to attend your meet at hayling as I've been offered a job after being redundant for 18 months and they need me to start next week. We had actually also booked 2 nights on a site in the new forest as well on our way down from those cheap camp site offers from the newspapers. :rolleyes: Oh well, we'll be there next year for definite. :D

As our pitch is booked and paid for we are happy for a deserving wildcamper to have our pitch for free if the site owners would allow it. :confused:

Anyway, hope you have a good meet and we look forward to seeing the photos. :)

All the best,

Dave.

LaughingHeart
10-09-2010, 01:09
sorry you cant make it. we will miss you!
Paol.

LaughingHeart
10-09-2010, 01:27
SS meet in New Forrest is from1st Aug 2011 to 8th. central Forrest area with good routes to many places of interest etc. We pay land owner and do not need to book, just let me know if you are coming! Dogs welcome, usual safety rules and legal bits!
Camp sites local to this venue can charge up to 35 quid a night at this time of year, so for 50 quid for a whole week is a bargain. Unofficial site, so 'at own risk' basis! Any type of unit welcome! from pup tent to Winnebago! All same price! Great tasting water here and half decent loos and waste disposal point, but no showers or power.
Sunday 7th is my birthday and there is a big boot sale on site, so bring a pasting table and clear your attic!
Paol, ;):D

Marilyn
17-09-2010, 16:00
We really would have liked to come to this but we're already booked for Sidmouth Folk Week (go every year) which is also the first week in August :(

LaughingHeart
23-09-2010, 23:21
I have now got the full details of this venue:1st to 8th August 2011 at 'Strawberry fields' Southampton road, Battramsley Cross, Boldre Grange. SO41. 7 nights, self sufficient. water and loos, but no power or showers. Very large pitch for up to 6 people [one unit] No booking [pay land owner on arrival] Only 50 pounds for week per unit. Secure gates [have keys]. Central to many places of interest and towns, Isle of wight ferry and motor museum etc Close to show ground. Flat meadow with woodland and fields. Boot sale on site on Sunday. Please show interest here and PM if definitely coming. Hoping to have some 'unusual' units. Self builds and 'stealth' vans welcome, as are any type of unit! Multi forum and club meet on 'own risk' basis.
Co hosted groups and clubs welcome too! Non commercial and non proffit making event.
you may contact me direct on: 02380 482547. email: paolhart@ymail.com.
Regards Paol.

AndyC
24-09-2010, 09:36
I reckon it would be hard to get permission for this sort of event within the New Forest NP itself but Battramsley Cross is just south of the New Forest on the way to Lymington I think?

AndyC

LaughingHeart
24-09-2010, 16:06
I reckon it would be hard to get permission for this sort of event within the New Forest NP itself but Battramsley Cross is just south of the New Forest on the way to Lymington I think?

AndyC

You are quite right Andy. It is on the south side and it took a year to get the venue, only to discover that we could have done this last year, as we did not need a specific permit to use the field for a period of only 7 days, as an 'event' licence was already in place. This is a 'social event' and comes under the event licence.
Had it been in the 'central' Forest, we would need other permits.

This location is perfect for access to all parts of the Forest and surrounding towns etc. and a damn sight cheaper than other places I tried for. the next cheapest would have made the price of a pitch, well over 100 quid!
Regards, Paol.

baloothebear
26-09-2010, 04:54
Please add us to the list 2 x Adults plus dog

LaughingHeart
26-09-2010, 21:02
I have put you on my list. Please let me know what type of unit you run and how much space you want and if you have any special needs etc. No need to book, just arrive on the 1st August. You can call me direct on 02380 482547 for full details if you wish.
Paol.

Firefox
13-10-2010, 16:38
」50 for a week is not bad...

But to put things in perspective we stayed at a CL in the New Forest a couple of years back including toilets, waste disposal and electric hook up for 」7.00 a night.

」35 a night for camping sounds pretty exceptional to me ;) I've never seen anywhere that charges that much! On the other hand I don't go near main stream rip-off sites, so I could be out of touch.

LaughingHeart
18-10-2010, 10:37
Hi Firefox,
35 quid a night is now about the price that most of the bigger sites in the forest are charging in the holiday period for a unit with 4 people, You can get cheaper when there are just 2 people and no electric etc, but due to the demand, all the site prices have risen dramatically over the past 2 years. [About 18 pounds per night]. Multiply that by seven and you still need a mortgage!
This gathering that we have arranged is on an unofficial site that has an events licence, so we are calling this: a 'camping event' to get round the red tape. At 50 notes for the week, we are paying just a tad over 7 pounds a night. Not bad considering the location and size of pitch etc. You can have up to six people on a pitch, so not much more than a quid a night each!
OK, so there are no showers or power, but we have loos and the most delicious water supply and an emptying point for waste. It is also a gated, secure site with good access to all the good places....Nuff said! No booking, just let me know if you are coming and turn up!
Regards, Paol.

PS: No extra charges for dogs, extra car, trailer etc, etc. P.

LaughingHeart
21-10-2010, 10:02
We are getting a lot of interest for this one. 12 units listed already and it's not even 2011 yet! There is room for 30 units plus, so if any of you would like to join us, we are happy to put you on the list. It would be nice to have some folk from each camping forum there, so we can fly all the flags and generally promote camping in all it's forms.
Paol.

LaughingHeart
25-01-2011, 06:56
pitches are going fast, so if you fancy this one, best let me know soon!
Paol.

PisceanJoy
02-02-2011, 19:05
I may be interested

Moondance
11-02-2011, 19:20
This sounds lovely!
Its great travelling on your own-but lovely to meet up with other like minded people!
I'm very new to this site-only just stumbled upon it-but I had such a warm welcome.
I'd love to come-if it would be ok?

LaughingHeart
16-02-2011, 10:30
Hi Moondance,
you will be made most welcome! Telephone me for details and to reserve your pitch: 023 80 482547.
No deposits, your word that you are definitely coming is enough!
Paol.

smelly
20-02-2011, 20:24
hi theres about 3 to 4 use looking at this have we got to be full member to come we are a family club

LaughingHeart
22-02-2011, 23:03
hi theres about 3 to 4 use looking at this have we got to be full member to come we are a family club

Anyone who loves camping can come, just let me know that you are definitely wanting a pitch , or pitches and I will add you to the list. each unit gets a big pitch for up to 6 people for only 50 quid, payable on arrival. this is on private land and by invitation. I have invited members of this and other camping forums, so you are included. It is an opportunity for all types of camping styles to get together and see how we all do our thing. From pup tents to Winnebagos....Ya all come!
Paol.

smelly
23-02-2011, 07:16
hi thanks for reply we deffo wont to pitches looking forward to this

LaughingHeart
26-02-2011, 17:14
Have you on the list for 2 pitches. I look forward to meeting you all there!

LaughingHeart
13-03-2011, 11:40
It is good to see that wildcamping will be flying the flag at my gathering along with some most unusual forums and clubs.
We have everything from tents to motor homes coming this year: Teardrops, retro campers, caravans, folding campers etc. A great opportunity to muck in and discover each others way of doing this camping lark!
The pitches [big ones] are going fast with some folk traveling vast distances to be there.
This years gathering is gonna be big! [and cheap] Join us if you can!
Paol.

John Thompson
16-03-2011, 19:11
It is good to see that wildcamping will be flying the flag at my gathering along with some most unusual forums and clubs.
We have everything from tents to motor homes coming this year: Teardrops, retro campers, caravans, folding campers etc. A great opportunity to muck in and discover each others way of doing this camping lark!
The pitches [big ones] are going fast with some folk traveling vast distances to be there.
This years gathering is gonna be big! [and cheap] Join us if you can!
Paol.

I PMd you on 14th Poal.

Have you got it as we havn't had a reply

John

LaughingHeart
18-03-2011, 10:25
Sorry John, only just found the PM. It is OK for you to arrive whenever you can. I will book you on the list. Just turn up and we will give you a big space. No deposits, pay on arrival. It will be nice to meet with you!
Paol.

John Thompson
18-03-2011, 15:45
Sorry John, only just found the PM. It is OK for you to arrive whenever you can. I will book you on the list. Just turn up and we will give you a big space. No deposits, pay on arrival. It will be nice to meet with you!
Paol.

Thanks Poal

We are also looking forward to meeting you and the others.

John & Joan

LaughingHeart
23-03-2011, 10:28
24 of the 30 pitches are now taken.....Only 6 left!
Paol.

Topskin
25-03-2011, 06:18
Hi Paol

I have PM'd you but not sure its working - so could you reserve one pitch for me please?

Many thanks

Paul

LaughingHeart
25-03-2011, 15:26
Your place is assured Paul and have added you to the list. Nice to have you join us and I can promise you a good weeks chill and fun!
Paol

LaughingHeart
29-03-2011, 10:19
Checking back on my list, I have 6 of you 'wild ones' coming and two more not yet confirmed:

Booked in:
Baloothebear
Smelly [2 pitches]
John Thompson
Topskin
Auto
Joncris

not confirmed:
brenandsarah
Moondance Please let me know if you are coming as there are very few pitches left!

Paol.

brenandsarah
29-03-2011, 21:02
Hi, do you still have space in August for 2 adults & 1 dog?
Hope you have space.
Thanks
sarah

LaughingHeart
29-03-2011, 21:16
I can book you in if you are positive that you can come Sarah, no deposits, your word is good enough! I can promise you a fun and chill out time! I shall put your name on the list.
Paol.

Auto
04-04-2011, 20:32
Hi me and the mrs would love to come to this have you space for a small vw t25
cheers phil

LaughingHeart
06-04-2011, 12:16
Hi me and the mrs would love to come to this have you space for a small vw t25
cheers phil

You are more than welcome Phil, You got one of the last 3 places. I have put your name on the list and will give you up to 400 sq ft of space.
Paol.

LaughingHeart
06-04-2011, 13:10
Please can I have conformation from you Moondance and from you Brenandsarah, as I now only have 2 pitches left for this event and can't hold pitches without assurance that you are coming. Thanks!
Paol.

Auto
06-04-2011, 16:53
:cool:Thanks Laughingheart
thats great were looking forward to this event
cheers phil

LaughingHeart
12-04-2011, 10:02
Please note:
Due to the large size of this gathering, we will be issuing security passes to all who are attending. I need to know a few details: Number of people in your unit, names and registration of your vehicle, so that your passes can be prepared.
Please do not post these details on the forum! You can PM, email [paolhart@ymail.com] or telephone me direct on 02380 482547. Your pass will be issued upon your arrival and should be displayed in your windscreen whilst on site.

joncris
12-04-2011, 11:59
Please book me & the misses;)

LaughingHeart
12-04-2011, 20:45
Please book me & the misses;)

You are on the list Jon and you may arrive on site anytime after 8 am on the 1st of August where all assistance needed will be gladly given. Please don't hesitate to phone me if you have any further requirements or questions.
Paol.

joncris
12-04-2011, 23:11
Hi Whats the full address please

LaughingHeart
13-04-2011, 15:21
The best I can give you as 'an address' is: Strawberry Fields Boot Sale Site, Southampton Road, Battramsley Cross, Boldre Grange. SO41 8NG. It is on the A337, between Lymington and Brockenhurst. The A337 is accessed either from the Lymington end, or from the Lyndhurst end. I suggest you have a good look on Google Earth or at a good map showing the South side of the New Forest. Lymington is nearer to Christchurch, Dorset and lyndhurst is nearer to Southampton, Hampshire.
The best directions I can give are: From M25 Take the M3 southbound then M27 towards [Bournemouth/Ringwood] as the M27 comes to an end it becomes the A31. Just before this, there is a left turn to Cadnam and Lyndhurst [junction1, M27]. Go all the way into Lyndhurst and when in the centre, you have to turn left at a 'T' junction. After about 300 mtrs along the 'paved' shopping area, you then turn right at the next junction. Once you have taken the right turn, get into the left lane. Bear left at the fork and drive straight ahead to Brockenhurst. [3/4miles] Go through Brockenhurst, over the rail crossing and continue ahead. on the A337. After approx 3 miles, the site is on your right, a few hundred yards after passing the 'Hobbler' pub on your left. These are all single lane country roads, but not narrow or too bendy!

For sat nav: SO41 8NG.

Paol.

joncris
13-04-2011, 20:20
The best I can give you as 'an address' is: Strawberry Fields Boot Sale Site, Southampton Road, Battramsley Cross, Boldre Grange. SO41 8NG. It is on the A337, between Lymington and Brockenhurst. The A337 is accessed either from the Lymington end, or from the Lyndhurst end. I suggest you have a good look on Google Earth or at a good map showing the South side of the New Forest. Lymington is nearer to Christchurch, Dorset and lyndhurst is nearer to Southampton, Hampshire.
The best directions I can give are: From M25 Take the M3 southbound then M27 towards [Bournemouth/Ringwood] as the M27 comes to an end it becomes the A31. Just before this, there is a left turn to Cadnam and Lyndhurst [junction1, M27]. Go all the way into Lyndhurst and when in the centre, you have to turn left at a 'T' junction. After about 300 mtrs along the 'paved' shopping area, you then turn right at the next junction. Once you have taken the right turn, get into the left lane. Bear left at the fork and drive straight ahead to Brockenhurst. [3/4miles] Go through Brockenhurst, over the rail crossing and continue ahead. on the A337. After approx 3 miles, the site is on your right, a few hundred yards after passing the 'Hobbler' pub on your left. These are all single lane country roads, but not narrow or too bendy!

For sat nav: SO41 8NG.

Paol.

Thanks but I'm coming from Dorchester;) & I'm 31' long so need to avoid Lyndhurst centre:D

LaughingHeart
14-04-2011, 12:01
Hi Jon,
It is either Lyndhurst or from the other end from Lymington. There is a route through Sway as well. Have a look on Google Earth for maps etc. I will see if I can find any other routes for you and get back to you!
Paol.

OK! Been studying maps and best route for you is A35 to Bournemouth and then to Christchurch B3066 off Wessex way at B'mth Hospital [Cooper Dene Roundabout under flyover] Slipway signposted. On to Christchurch, past cop shop on left and take 2nd off main R/about signposted: New Milton, Lymington etc A35. Over next 2 R/abouts following route for Lymington. from Lymington, follow route for Southampton picking up the A337 for Setley, Brockenhurst, Lyndhurst and S/hampton. The site is approx 3 miles along A337 on your left. Sign on gate will read: CoC
<-
[The route goes around Lymington] Hope this helps.
Paol.

joncris
14-04-2011, 13:35
Thanks very much I owe you a beer or two:D

brenandsarah
19-04-2011, 19:34
I can book you in if you are positive that you can come Sarah, no deposits, your word is good enough! I can promise you a fun and chill out time! I shall put your name on the list.
Paol.

YEs please can you please confirm us 2 adults,poss 2 teenagers, 1 crazy springer, 1 van just bought in the process of being converted. looking forward to getting lots of wild camping tips!!
thanks
Sarah

LaughingHeart
20-04-2011, 11:01
Thanks Sarah,
Have now booked you in as 'positive'. We look forward to meeting you there.
Paol.

More info can be found at carryoncamping.smfforfree.com [through Google]

LaughingHeart
03-05-2011, 09:24
The good news is: We are nearly 'full up' at this gathering and we have some great folks coming! The original 30 pitches have now been expanded to a max of 40, so we can now accommodate a few more units if needs be.
Those of you who are coming from this forum, will be pleased to know that this event is not a 'cliquey/clubby' gathering, but an open gathering where all are equal, respected and warmly welcomed. While we do encourage you to be 'communal', we will respect your privacy too!
You each will receive a welcome pack with a pass and various bits of info to help your stay be a good one. as I am 'local' to the area, I can advise you on places to go and see etc.
We look forward to meeting you all there and a 'cuppa' will be very soon produced on your arrival as well as any assistance you may need in 'setting up'.
We cannot affix hose pipes to the water supply as it is spring fed, so I advise you to 'top up' en route and ensure you have all you need for the first day in the way of food and supplies etc.
The nearest shops are a short drive from the site and I shall be there with an estate car to help you if needed. Anny questions or enquiries will be readily answered and you may telephone me direct on: 02380 482547.
Paol.

Wibbs
08-05-2011, 06:34
Hi I'm interested in coming to this event as it may give me some relief from the daily hassle of trying tO wild camp in the new forest . I'm actually from the isle of Wight and have lived in my campervan for the last 4 years. I travel to marchwood Southampton every Sunday night and return to the island on Friday evenings and stay in the forest , but I'm continually getting visits from the old bill informing me of my naughtiness , I come over to work but am not allowed to stay at work , and am rather stuffed for places to stay so this could bring a bit of relief for me are
There still any places available

LaughingHeart
12-05-2011, 12:07
Hi Wibbs,
Yes we have just a few spaces left and we can fit you in with pleasure!
Please call me on; 02380 482547 and I can take details and get you on the list. You can go to: www.carryoncamping.smfforfree.com to read all the details in the 'self sufficient, New Forest gathering' thread.
Or email me: paolhart@ymail.com. As soon as I get your confirmation of attendance, I can put you on the list and reserve your space etc.
Regards, Paol.

joncris
12-05-2011, 14:17
Due to a recent change in work circumstances we are unable to visit for the whole period. Would it be possible to attend from PM on Friday the 5th until PM Sunday 7th? Or is demand such that you would prefer we cancel altogether in order to give our original booking to someone else

LaughingHeart
13-05-2011, 19:59
You of course can come over that time Jonchris.
Ican't reduce the fee though as it is a set agreement with the landowner.
Regards, Paol.

joncris
15-05-2011, 17:16
You of course can come over that time Jonchris.
Ican't reduce the fee though as it is a set agreement with the landowner.
Regards, Paol.

Thanks but in that case, to avoid the bosses wrath, I better cancel altogether:wave:

Have good meet:have fun:

LaughingHeart
23-05-2011, 14:27
Those of you coming to the forest in August, will be pleased to know that I roughed up a sign to go at the entrance gate, so you won't 'miss' it.......................Hopefully

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz193/Paolhart/forestsigns.jpg

Looking forward to greeting you all there!
Paol.

Allie
24-05-2011, 16:17
We went to New Forest last year and loved it. As we have never met any wilders I think it would be a great way to start, we're definately interested.:cool1:

LaughingHeart
24-05-2011, 20:01
There are just a few places left now, so If you would like to come Allie, please tel:02380 482547 asap. Because of so much interest, I can now only book you in with a telephone confirmation. There are many camping folk coming from various public domains including Wild Camping and from all over the country. It should be a great gathering!
regards Paol.

marymary
13-06-2011, 16:54
I'm booked onto this meet, looking forward to it!!:cool1:

Caz
13-06-2011, 18:53
:ditto:

Like Marymary, I'm booked on this meet via an alternative forum. :cool:

marymary
13-06-2011, 19:31
yep, you certainly are....must admit the name threw me till Jenny said!:lol-061:

LaughingHeart
15-06-2011, 16:58
It looks like I am going to be welcoming some super folk in August and I can't wait!!
See you all there!
Paol, :wave:

John Thompson
16-06-2011, 08:23
Unfortunately we are having to drop out for personal reasons. I hope you all enjoy the event and we hope to join you at a leter one.

wildman
21-06-2011, 18:18
Hi I wonder if you could enlighten me on the event licence, who grants it and what does it cover, I could do with one to cover rallies by organisations that do not have their own exemption certificate.

Haaamster
22-06-2011, 05:44
Can you save a space for me please,looks like the only time i'm gonna get away this year :baby:

John Thompson
22-06-2011, 07:42
Hi I wonder if you could enlighten me on the event licence, who grants it and what does it cover, I could do with one to cover rallies by organisations that do not have their own exemption certificate.

Hi Wildman

An events licence is not a way around a Caravan Sites licence or use of an exemption certificate.

They are for events lasting no more tham 4 days. They are intended as temporary permission to errect structures such as stages or put up flag poles

Licensable activities include the following:
不ale by retail of alcohol;
病 performance of a play;
病n exhibition of a film;
病n indoor sporting event;
病 boxing or wrestling entertainment;
病 performance of live music;
病ny playing of recorded music;
錨ancing;
病ny entertainment of a similar description to that falling within the performance of live music, the playing of recorded music and dancing;
浜ate night refreshment (hot food or hot drink between 11pm and 5am).

Anyone can apply to the local authority for up to 5 in a year. If the person holds a personal drinks licence they can apply for up to 50 in a year.

Ask your local authority about their policy on events.

smelly
24-06-2011, 17:28
hi sorry to let you down but will not be at this meet so sorry

brenandsarah
27-06-2011, 21:49
YEs please can you please confirm us 2 adults,poss 2 teenagers, 1 crazy springer, 1 van just bought in the process of being converted. looking forward to getting lots of wild camping tips!!
thanks
Sarah

Hi all, unfortunately will have to give this a miss, unable to get time off work:mad1::mad1: in this week. It is a shame but we are hopeful to meet up with other wildcampers over the summer on other spots.
Thanks
brenandsarah

Dorset Diver
03-07-2011, 05:41
Hello Poal,

Yes, we are interested and will almost certainly be coming. Will try to send you a PM if I can work out how.

BR

Roger

EVM
04-07-2011, 12:18
Sounds like a great meeting, look forward to seeing the crowd there, just booking the time off now, not been to this part of the country for quite some time so looking forward to the break/scenery and the motorhome needs a good run out too.

Kindest Regards Stephen

LaughingHeart
04-07-2011, 12:37
Firstly: I have very few places left and if you wish to come and are not booked in yet, you can book a place by telephone only now [1st come, 1st served!] 02380 482547.
If you are not booked in, please phone now as I have had 4 calls in the last few hours, so only 5 more spaces.

Secondly: An 'event' of this nature, if held on private land and by invitation [Wildcamping members have that!] does not need a special licence. The venue I am using has an 'events' licence and a 'temporary camping' licence etc. These venues take a lot of finding...this one took 3 years!

LaughingHeart
04-07-2011, 17:23
Can you save a space for me please,looks like the only time i'm gonna get away this year :baby:
Please telephone me on :02380 482547 to book a place.
Paol.

EVM
04-07-2011, 20:19
Hi Paol,

I spoke to you earlier in the day on the phone, you have booked me in under Stephen + Family (reg NX04 RZL). I will set some time asside to introduce myself properly onto the forum as I am a recent member looking to curb the horrendous rise in prices. currently a little busy at the moment but I have read a few posts, I like the site it looks like a large friendly community.

Kindest Regards Stephen

P.S have you got the link to the directions you mentioned on carryoncamping.smf?

LaughingHeart
05-07-2011, 13:44
hi stephen,
If you go back to the Self sufficient New forest thread on the meets/rallies 2011 board, there are about 20 pages. Browse amoung them and you will find all you need, or give me a ring.
Paol.

PS: For your sat nav: SO41 8NG [ Sign at gate reads CoC with an arrow pointing in!] For any enquiries or to book one of the last few places: Telephone Paol on: 02380 482547 [BT standard rate]

LaughingHeart
10-07-2011, 20:56
I would like to take this moment to thank, in advance, all of you who are coming to the forest gathering and helping to make a meet to remember. I also wish to extend my thanks to the administration for allowing me to promote this event on this forum.
We have folk from quite a few forums attending and we would like to see each forum representing with flags, banners or what have you! At the boot sale on the Sunday, I shall have a table where you can put any leaflets etc to promote your forum. Quite a few of the boot sale customers arrive in campers and motorhomes.
This gathering will be a great opportunity for all of us to learn a little about all our different approaches to this 'camping' lark. A 'camper' is a 'camper' however they do it!
Once again, many thanks to you all. Next year I shall do it all again at another great venue and will let you know where at this years gathering. Be happy!
Paol.

LaughingHeart
16-07-2011, 20:36
There are still a few pitches left, so if you want to make that last minute decision, give me a call! 02380 482547.
Paol.

LaughingHeart
20-07-2011, 02:07
We are still awaiting confirmation from the following:
Moondance
Haaamster
Wibbs
If you still want to come, please confirm asap or the pitches will be sold.
Telephone: 02380 482547 BT standard rate, between 6 and 10 pm or Email: paolhart@ymail.com.
Thanks.
Paol.

Alsun
27-07-2011, 20:31
Hi I am a new member , not sure where I should put this message.
I am building a camp site at Templecombe as my retirement project , because I have always dreamed of having my own land. It is a 4 acre site very private and quiet with a small river to the south boundary. Ideal for Wild Camping, I have a disposal pit for liquids. The village is two miles away where there are two small shops, a nice pub and chip shop , what more do you need ?
Alan

John Thompson
28-07-2011, 15:52
Hi I am a new member , not sure where I should put this message.
I am building a camp site at Templecombe as my retirement project , because I have always dreamed of having my own land. It is a 4 acre site very private and quiet with a small river to the south boundary. Ideal for Wild Camping, I have a disposal pit for liquids. The village is two miles away where there are two small shops, a nice pub and chip shop , what more do you need ?
Alan

Hi Alan

Have you got Planning Permission and a site licence? Does the disposal pit meet the requirements of the water authority?

You will also need a tap for drinking water and a separate one for swilling out casette toilets. Safe access from the highway with gate/s no less than 3 metres wide.

Natural England - Camping and caravanning (http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/ourwork/regulation/campingandcaravan/default.aspx)
If you do not have planning permission. You can get a certificate from one of 14 clubs listed in links in this document that hold paragraph 5 exemptions under the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960. This exemption allows the club to issue a certificate that allows up to 5 vans to use the site.

You also do not need planning permission if the land is used for rallies by exempted clubs of which there are 400+ under (exemption) paragraph 4 or 6. (Caravan also means Motorhomes or campervans) (Tents come under separate legislation also explained in the document.)

or for, use by a person travelling with a caravan for one or two nights.

2. Subject to the provisions of paragraph 13 of this Schedule, a site licence shall not be required for the use of land as a caravan site by a person travelling with a caravan who brings the caravan on to the land for a period which includes not more than two nights
(a)
during that period no other caravan is stationed for the purposes of human habitation on that land or any adjoining land in the same occupation,
and (b) if, in the period of twelve months ending with the day on which the caravan is brought on to the land, the number of days on which a caravan was stationed anywhere on that land or the said adjoining land for the purposes of human habitation did not exceed twenty-eight.

I am not trying to put a damper on your idea just pointing out some of the legalities.

Dorset Diver
11-08-2011, 16:06
Hi Paol,

Many thanks for a great week in the New Forest. Much enjoyed and hope to do it again same place next year.

BR

DD (Roger & Lesley)

joncris
11-08-2011, 17:42
Us too Enjoyed our stay:fun:

LaughingHeart
12-08-2011, 12:04
Many thanks to members of wildcamping who joined us at my New Forest gathering. You were all great company and we would love to see you all again! It was good to have so many diferent forums represented, everything from a pop up tent to a 38' RV. There are many photos posted on our forum and you are welcome to pop in and see! We are doing it again next year and I shall be giving your admin all the details etc.
I think we proved that a multi forum meet does work and everyone had a good time....cheap too! Those of you that were unable to attend are of course, invited with those that did come, as well as all wildcaming members, to next years bash!
Paol.

PS: Thanks for keeping the loos so clean and for not leaving any mess on the site!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS