PDA

View Full Version : Loch Torridan, Shieldaig

mikeflys
08-09-2010, 20:38
Now, having come from Skye, over the aforesaid Applecross road, ( see my other postings ) and not seen any obvious places to park, we arrived at Shieldaig, but found not a lotta comfort there. Moving on, we climbed out of Shieldaig eastwards, and on the climb out spotted an area at the nearside that looked a possible. On checking, it was a goodun ! Drive past and reverse in. The views and the midges are stunning. Levellers may be a good idea if you have a midge proof nuclear grade 1 asbestos suit tolerant enough to last the 2 minutes or so to put them to use. Otherwise hang on to the pans while you heat the beans, ( my option). Another 1/2 mile and we would have found a more level area at a signed viewpoint, but with lesser views.

bikerrf900
24-07-2013, 07:22
As you come up the hill from the village two sharp bends and look to the right a lovely campsite overlooking the bay, Donations ? pay what you feel it was worth, has a village store a pub fantastic views. hope this is a help.

Wooie1958
24-07-2013, 09:40
Now, having come from Skye, over the aforesaid Applecross road, ( see my other postings ) and not seen any obvious places to park, we arrived at Shieldaig, but found not a lotta comfort there. Moving on, we climbed out of Shieldaig eastwards, and on the climb out spotted an area at the nearside that looked a possible. On checking, it was a goodun ! Drive past and reverse in. The views and the midges are stunning. Levellers may be a good idea if you have a midge proof nuclear grade 1 asbestos suit tolerant enough to last the 2 minutes or so to put them to use. Otherwise hang on to the pans while you heat the beans, ( my option). Another 1/2 mile and we would have found a more level area at a signed viewpoint, but with lesser views.

Apologies for going slightly off topic but, if you run your fridge on Gas you do need to be reasonably level for it to work efficiently.

I also think that if it`s at too much of an angle it could actually damage the element in it.

I`m sure if this is not the case someone will soon come on here and shoot me down in flames.

DTDog
24-07-2013, 14:13
Apologies for going slightly off topic but, if you run your fridge on Gas you do need to be reasonably level for it to work efficiently.

I also think that if it`s at too much of an angle it could actually damage the element in it.

I`m sure if this is not the case someone will soon come on here and shoot me down in flames.

Stuff the fridge, you'd fall out of bed if the vans not level !!

One of my wife's pet hates is my obsession with getting the level of the van .......... just right!!

Vanterrier
09-10-2015, 15:52
As you come up the hill from the village two sharp bends and look to the right a lovely campsite overlooking the bay, Donations ? pay what you feel it was worth, has a village store a pub fantastic views. hope this is a help.
There also a tap just outside the field and of course a public toilet a short walk down the hill from the campsite... Nearest thing to camping wild without camping wild... The field does get a bit chewed up in places after wet weather ( I.e. Scottish summer).

K

runnach
09-10-2015, 17:00
There also a tap just outside the field and of course a public toilet a short walk down the hill from the campsite... Nearest thing to camping wild without camping wild... The field does get a bit chewed up in places after wet weather ( I.e. Scottish summer).

K

With a fantastic view over to Shieldaig Island.

Jimhunterj4
09-10-2015, 17:05
Stuff the fridge, you'd fall out of bed if the vans not level !!

One of my wife's pet hates is my obsession with getting the level of the van .......... just right!!

I'm the opposite mate if the vans not level she would do my tits and my drinking time in so it's got to be right lol

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS