PDA

View Full Version : Wild camping on Costa Blanca, Spain

spigot
09-09-2010, 09:14
A pal of mine, on a recent visit to Spain, said he noticed some motorhomes parked up near the beach at (or near) Los Alcazares on the Mar Menor. Can anyone out there confirm this & give me the exact location or any other good spots in the Alicante/Murcia region?

vwalan
09-09-2010, 09:30
just about every where along that coast is people wild camping. i prefer a bit south near mazarron. then you have just south of agiles, st juan de terreros,north of carbonneras. loads of places on cabo de gata.
but just south of alicante there is a habitation on the way to els arenals .i stop there as well. but all along every where is loads of free camping .specially in the winter. but the guardia can and do give hassle. thats why many now stay on the algarve in porrugal. hassle free and they stay put all winter. cheers alan.
cant give exact spots as i never have a sat nav just use an atlas. but if you go to spain get a cepsa spain n portugal atlas they show lots of beaches the others dont.

mochras
20-10-2010, 13:55
Hi vwalan,

I have just found this forum and joined. I've just bought a Transit and converted it and would be interested to know where I can get a copy of Cepsa map please. I have just spent a good half hour or so on the net trying to find where to buy one and can't see anywhere. Can't even find a Spanish site that sells it.

Cheers

vwalan
20-10-2010, 16:31
i bought mine in a cepsa garage last year. saw some irish chaps had one and its very good . look out when you get there . cheers alan.
i have loads of maps i keep buying them .my favourite one of spain was bought in 1974 . still use it sometimes good for the old small roads . lots new maps seem to miss the small roads out.
cepsa ..isbn..978-84-9776-945-7.... cepsa mapamax 2010. tied in with the anaya touring club.
grupo anaya,s.a..2010 juan ignacio luca de tena,15.28027madrid.
or try Pagina principal Anaya Touring (http://www.anayatouring.com)
hope that helps you. good map for beaches.
cheers alan.

Hymerkar
22-10-2010, 17:14
just about every where along that coast is people wild camping. i prefer a bit south near mazarron. then you have just south of agiles, st juan de terreros,north of carbonneras. loads of places on cabo de gata.
but just south of alicante there is a habitation on the way to els arenals .i stop there as well. but all along every where is loads of free camping .specially in the winter. but the guardia can and do give hassle. thats why many now stay on the algarve in porrugal. hassle free and they stay put all winter. cheers alan.
cant give exact spots as i never have a sat nav just use an atlas. but if you go to spain get a cepsa spain n portugal atlas they show lots of beaches the others dont.

We have wild camped this coast for many years now, and it does get more difficult as you say the Guardia Civil can and do hassle you, but one thing I must add is that camping of any sort is FORBIDDEN in the Cabo de Gata. It is a national park and a friend of ours was booked by a park warden, thought nothing of it at the time, as he had approached the warden and asked if it was ok to stay for 2 nights. The reply was stay as long as you like. When he arrived home he had 2 parking fines, 30 euros for each night!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay as long as you like its 30 quid a night was what he should have said. So be careful.

vwalan
22-10-2010, 18:11
hi .i had the same in denia a few years ago never saw the guardiabut got a 40,000peseata fine from a denunciation . got sent home they must have got address from reg number. pay in 10 days or it increases . 5 months later i decided i couldnt afford to pay. must be millions by now. i do stop all over cabo de gata . usually on the coast from carboneras through to cabo de gata town. gets abit hairy on the old tracks by the light house but its still passable. gets quite a community down at cala de plomo. be on the way soon so see how it goes this year you can never tell. i keep thrusting the letter from the interiour minister and saying he told me its ok . worked so far. cheers alan.

Hymerkar
22-10-2010, 18:24
Nice one, glad your letter is working :D Do you know of any wild spots around Benidorm? Dont usually go anywhere near the place but my parents are here for the week next week, so looking to camp close by. Sights are crazy prices.

vwalan
22-10-2010, 18:47
hi, i usualy park up in the road opposite the big open aired market. never been asked to move its a wide road. my brother uses an apartment there and if he is over while i,m passing i stay for a few days . dont really like it there but needs must. benidorm is not my idea of spain. albir or altea give a few places .but you have to street park in the evening and go down to the front every morning . some hang around the area all winter and do it every year. i prefer to head south. very often take 6 weeks from barcelona to gib. just keep following the coast. you do have to move abit in land away from the immediate coast . but once in the hotel area they leave you alone. nice chinese restaurant in benidorm to the left of the beach .eat all you can and cheap. cheers alan

Hymerkar
22-10-2010, 19:01
Thanks Alan, we will go down and take a look. Its not our idea of Spain either, but as you say needs must:o Have a good trip when you eventually get away. We usually spend 3 months in the winter down here, following the coast, but this year due to ill health we can only have 8 weeks so not going further than Alicante region. Javea is one of our fav spots but we dont like to 'dig' in as it looks bad and thats when the Guardia get funny. If only others would realise its better to keep moving on, it would make it easier for all of us.

Safe journeys.

Karen

Debs 1966
25-10-2010, 12:46
Hi we have an apartment on the the la Manga Strip on the Mar menor. There are always Campers parked all down the bottom end of the strip in fact alot. Near the beach Playa Chica, and down towards what is known as the canal. Its tolerated by the police as far as I am aware, they have bars open in the summer and at easter its a beautiful part of the strip you need to go past Thomas Maestro marina to get to it. There is no time limit as we have been there for two weeks and seen the same campers there all the time. There is a supermarket within walking distance. I recommend that part of Murcia. :o

shawbags
27-10-2010, 17:47
Try, Portal y foro de usuarios de furgonetas camper (http://www.furgovw.org) ,if you scroll down the first page you will see a map of spain on the left,click on the map and there will be black campervans all over it each one is a wild camping spot.There are hundred's of places,give the site and pages time to load it can be a bit slow,i don't thing you will find a better site:cool,Shawbags.P.S,Sometimes you have to zoom in on the map so more places pop up. :cool:

kenspain
28-10-2010, 19:52
Any one in Spain now that wants to park up for the next 4 days head for a town called Cocentaina. we have the biggest market in Europe, a lot of people come and stay for 4 days, but lots of places to park. Its inland from Alicante about 45min drive.:cool:

Poco Loco
28-10-2010, 20:24
A pal of mine, on a recent visit to Spain, said he noticed some motorhomes parked up near the beach at (or near) Los Alcazares on the Mar Menor. Can anyone out there confirm this & give me the exact location or any other good spots in the Alicante/Murcia region?

I live 5 minutes from the above Town hall where the Local police office is (No Security Problems). There is a large car park nearby Next to the Mercadonna Supermarket and it is only a 5 minute walk to the beach, Post Office, Bars etc. On a Sat' Morning there is a large Market just up the road. Last year I counted over 30 Motorhomes one day from all over Europe. They only get moved if they need the space for a fiesta etc. I will have a look around and see if we have any visitors yet. If not I could ask the local bobby if it is ok.

If you look on Google for Calle Nicolas de Bussi (This is the Market Street), 03189 Orihuela Costa, you'll only be a stones through away from the carpark where the motorhomes stay.

Regards Poco Loco

vwalan
28-10-2010, 21:19
hiya kenspain have got your number you never know might come visiting this winter . will call before hand . have fun . cheers alan.

kenspain
29-10-2010, 05:42
Alan you have it already last time we spoke we talked about the spot in Gandia were you park up i have your number you sent me it Ken

C7KEN
10-02-2011, 17:03
These are the facts.
You may park anywhere a car can park providing you dont deploy rear stabilisers, BBQ's, tables chairs, awnings and dont drop fluids on the ground.Unless you are causing an obstruction or there is a clear sign saying no parking. You are classed as parking and not camping This means that all those parked in the Mercadona car park in Punto Prima,Calle de Guardamar Daimus, Platja de Pinet at the north end of La Marina on the tarmac lined car park and on the car park at the end of the beach road after passing thro Cabo de Gata village and before going round the hill to the lighthouse are all well within their rights There are thousands of places to wild camp here now but note this does not include beach (sand) parks or maritime areas like near the marina at denia. All this has been agreed by the head of traffico and all lesser local authorities. There are of course places I would not wild camp and these include on the beach at Denia or Torrevieja but if you follow the guide above you can park safely in La Mata Ave De Soria near the beach and park but on a white lined car park with all the dutch and german vans I saw there last Sunday. I saying all this I believe that the garda are now more tolerant and are not moving on vans like before. There are many vans parked around the hostel just past platja de pinet at la marina and they report having no trouble with police and garda. The agreement to park was arranged between Lapaca the Spanish group and traffico so well done to them. I live here and wild camp almost exclusively:)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS