PDA

View Full Version : Germany

Nolly
14-09-2010, 12:55
Hi.
We are planning a trip to the Black Forest next week. We have a little info on aires, its info on some must see places that we were hoping some of you who have already been there might like to share with us.:)
It will be Jan's 60th while were away so I would very much like to get it right.;)

Regards Nolly

Fleming
14-09-2010, 20:01
Hi Nolly,
Due to the mountainous terrain you will hardly find some wilding places there.
You'll have to do with the official 'Stellplätze" (enough of them) but allways paying.

Nolly
14-09-2010, 21:06
Thanks for the info Fleming.
Regards Nolly.

Mastodon
15-09-2010, 19:37
Check out the Bord Atlas. Lots of places you can stay if you drink the beer.

Zozzer
17-09-2010, 00:16
Check out the Bord Atlas. Lots of places you can stay if you drink the beer.

We travel to Germany every year and have found the Bord Atlas books invalueble.
You can also download GPS coordinates free of charge from their site. We have found no real reason to wildcamp in Germany. You'll find many free sites ( Kostenloss ) in the Bord Atlas.

Reisemobil International » Bordatlas (http://www.reisemobil-international.de/stellplaetze/bordatlas/)

activecampers
17-09-2010, 06:58
check my site - I've got POIs from my own wild and aire experience for a lot of germany, now also on googlemaps so you may have an answer there.

See Our Aires and Wild camping Database (http://www.doyourdream.co.uk/resources-downloads/campsite-aires-and-wild-camping-database/) Sadly though we didn't keep logs on our first (and biggest) German trip.

Hope this is of use

Nolly
17-09-2010, 09:05
Hi
Very interesting site you've got there Ryan & Mel, thanks for sharing.:)
Thanks also to Masterdon & Zozzer for taking the trouble to reply, it will all help to make our visit to the Black Forest a memorable one.:)

Regards Nolly.

Nolly
10-10-2010, 10:49
Having just returned from our trip to the Black Forest I would like to pass on how easy we found it to overnight. At first on arriving and talking with other motorhomers we thought that it was going to be difficult, but we quickly learned that by staying off the main roads and then looking out for the parking areas for walkers we came across some great spots. The only info we went armed with was from this thread and we passed the first night at Todnau thanks for that Ryan & Mel. Other than that we followed our noses, which ever way looked interesting thats the road we took, all added to the adventure. We can recommend the region it has lots of interesting places, We will certainly be going back.

Regards Nolly.

Mastodon
10-10-2010, 19:14
Bad Herrenalb (it's in the BordAtlas) is a fab spa in the Black Forest. The stellplatz is in the carpark - well worth a visit.

zipnolan
11-10-2010, 08:25
I'll second that, this place is great, very low cost (pay at the thermal baths) you also get a free bus pass into Baden-Baden (bus leaves from behind bahnof) also at Xmas time they build a huge wooden building serving beer/bratties.

bevo
11-10-2010, 14:59
triberg has 2 stellplatz.
both free one by the town hall (rasthaus) this one is under cover.
and another one up near the waterfall.

great little town and loads of cuckoo clocks

grath
11-10-2010, 15:09
Have you Guy's & Gals got any photo's of the Stellplatze to share with us:confused:

Zozzer
12-10-2010, 11:14
There are quite a few stellplätzen in tourist area's that offer free bus travel. I think it's worth paying a few euro's on a stellplätz just to get the bus pass to the centre of town.

We've used two that operate free buses.

Überlingen the shores of Lake Constances

Alpencamp am Wank, Garmisch-Partenkirchen in Bavaria

Zozzer
12-10-2010, 12:51
Have you Guy's & Gals got any photo's of the Stellplatze to share with us:confused:

Here's some of mine.

OVERNIGHT STOPS Photo Gallery by Zozzer at pbase.com (http://www.pbase.com/zozzer/eu_campsites&page=all)

bevo
16-10-2010, 08:36
talking about lake constance.
lindau is built on an island on the shores of lake constance.
on car park 3 you can overnight for 10 euro's which includes transport into lindau.
it's a loverly town, and the entrance to the harbour is spectacular.
and you may spot rapunzell around the harbour.
the car park has pay machines all over, but the one you want is up near the entrance.
and all the motoorhomes park up over near the toilets.

jann
19-11-2010, 20:44
In forest area we have stoped on the car parks for walkers that are signed from the roads.Although there are some stellplatz that charge we stil find free ones

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS