PDA

View Full Version : blackpool

Old_Arthur
20-09-2010, 16:51
in blackpool this week for a long weekend wiffys birfday will be parked up on the sea wall at cleveleys on a night and the prom in blackpool durin the day so if anyone is there look for the yorkshire tyke and give us a pip :cool:

Old_Arthur
21-09-2010, 05:17
thanx greg,did you get to mogeye at the weekend ?

p.s.time to become a full member again then i can pm you,you know you want to :eek::cool:

Old_Arthur
21-09-2010, 10:03
minor detail :cool:you can only make things better from within the party ?

wilthebeast
21-09-2010, 19:38
Hi mate and mrs mate;)
hope you enjoy your weekend (BUT WHAT YOU DOING ON THE DARK SIDE) ?????:eek::eek:
Enjoy your weekend mate.

theteapackets
22-09-2010, 20:32
Hello there, some friends are heading to Blackpool at half term. They have not wild camped and are a little afraid of doing so. Could anyone recommend either a really cheap site or somewhere where they would feel safe with a young child on board?
Thanks,Tracey

Old_Arthur
22-09-2010, 20:46
err read the first post :confused:

Old_Arthur
24-09-2010, 08:14
right said fred just filled tank (fresh water tank that is ) with real Yorkshire water for my Yorkshire tea bags (on offer at the wholesalers at the moment ) thats us going over the tops now bye ,

p.s. where's freddy gone ??

jovik
28-09-2010, 08:26
in blackpool this week for a long weekend wiffys birfday will be parked up on the sea wall at cleveleys on a night and the prom in blackpool durin the day so if anyone is there look for the yorkshire tyke and give us a pip :cool:

Can you park on the front/prom during the day free? Going there is a couple of days to see the lights.

Old_Arthur
28-09-2010, 10:33
NO i got a parking ticket on saturday parked on the prom after paying my 6 ? motorhomes as of 10wks ago are banned :mad: we have been going for the 27sept since god was a lad ,the wife spends her birthday money there and also does a lot of early crimbo shoppin but thats us out of there,
p.s. the only signs are in small print on the meter

Old_Arthur
28-09-2010, 12:59
yes we had no probs on the sea wall in cleveleys there was about 20 vans there as usual think that will only be a matter of time though :eek:

maingate
28-09-2010, 18:08
There was this Yorkshireman.

He went to Lancashire in a big white van.

On the back of it, in BIG letters were the words 'The Yorkshire Tyke'.

I think he got off very lightly with just a parking ticket.:D:D:D:p:p

Old_Arthur
28-09-2010, 18:18
at least i payed :confused: i didn't park up, use their water and sneak off without putting money in the honesty box typical mackam:eek::D

p.s. i phoned the council up this afternoon did some grovelling and begging and got the ticket squashed so thank you Andy c

bmb1uk
28-09-2010, 19:36
Hello there, some friends are heading to Blackpool at half term. They have not wild camped and are a little afraid of doing so. Could anyone recommend either a really cheap site or somewhere where they would feel safe with a young child on board?
Thanks,Tracey

try hampton road caravan site tel 01253 341020 small site middle of blackpool BAZ.

AndyC
28-09-2010, 20:02
at least i payed :confused: i didn't park up, use their water and sneak off without putting money in the honesty box typical mackam:eek::D

p.s. i phoned the council up this afternoon did some grovelling and begging and got the ticket squashed so thank you Andy c

No worries Arthur - glad it worked :)

AndyC

zipnolan
02-11-2010, 13:04
for the chappie looking for a campsite for the kids try (google) "windy harbour" campsite, little costly but got kiddies clubhouse, evening entertainment and indoor heated pool

dogmanlpool
02-11-2010, 17:51
hello there can anyone tell me where adout the clevelys parking is ??? is that towards fleetwood ? on the left is a left turn on to the sea front ? went past it didnt look safe about 2 years ago ?? thanks

terry c
03-11-2010, 18:47
hello there can anyone tell me where adout the clevelys parking is ??? is that towards fleetwood ? on the left is a left turn on to the sea front ? went past it didnt look safe about 2 years ago ?? thanks

HI as you say towards fleetwood ? on the left is a left turn on to the sea front but it is only one way in and out of the prom. you need to go into clevelys from blackpool end and when you hit some light turn left ,i was walking my dog up on the prom on saturday morning and 9 vans parked up over night looks ok to me

Croftland1
04-11-2010, 12:11
HI as you say towards fleetwood ? on the left is a left turn on to the sea front but it is only one way in and out of the prom. you need to go into clevelys from blackpool end and when you hit some light turn left ,i was walking my dog up on the prom on saturday morning and 9 vans parked up over night looks ok to me

Locals tend to give a bit of grief though. When we stayed there we had cars driving down the entire row of vans sounding horns at regular intervals right through the night. I have also heard of eggs being thrown at vans.

dogmanlpool
04-11-2010, 13:50
hello thats one of the reasons that i asked what it was like and were it was like as i had the same problem in the lakes ? people beeping horns goin past ? thanks keith

Old_Arthur
04-11-2010, 14:47
been going twice a year for a long time and never had any bother if your tired you'll sleep if your scared you'll hear every sound, chill out and enjoy it's free (for now)

arthur

Neckender
04-11-2010, 14:58
Stopped there regular for the past 5 years, never had any problems, other than one late night knock at the camper door and a fellow asked if we were there for the "dogging".

John.

Old_Arthur
04-11-2010, 15:08
last time we were there a young european lady knocked on the window asked me if i wanted business :eek::D (could seen anyone bringing their cars from blackpool to doncaster for repairs )

p.s. this may seem bad but i have had far worse night on camp sites,

rwhites1
13-02-2011, 23:36
13feb2011

10 vans there last night at cleveleys no problems.Only thing is that the main road by the tramway is closed and using princes way as diversion for about 8 weeks.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS