PDA

View Full Version : Rhyl

billy1000
28-02-2007, 15:10
From what I can recall from visiting Rhyl the lorry park has closed down but it is possible in winter months to actually park up on the road near the sea front. Not advisable in the summer due to tourists and extra cars etc, etc.

steve4kay
28-02-2007, 16:23
who on earth would want to spend time in rhyl !! i went there once , once was enough ! horses for courses !!!

billy1000
28-02-2007, 16:31
who on earth would want to spend time in rhyl !! i went there once , once was enough ! horses for courses !!!

Each to their own mate. Besides, I thought that was the whole point of wildcamping, to go places you had never been before. If you didn't go to them you wouldn't know if you liked them or not.

virgil
28-02-2007, 17:02
Each to their own mate. Besides, I thought that was the whole point of wildcamping, to go places you had never been before. If you didn't go to them you wouldn't know if you liked them or not.

We went to Rhyl about 4 years ago, and to be brutally honest, would never go again if it was the last place on earth!

It may have changed since we went in June '02 but then the place was so dirty, every other building was boarded up, the sun centre made all our eyes water there was that much cigarette smoke in the air but the kids enjoyed Conwy castle on the day we visited

It reminded me of what I imagine an old wild west town looked like, once the miners had left after the goldrush!

billy1000
28-02-2007, 17:27
We went to Rhyl about 4 years ago, and to be brutally honest, would never go again if it was the last place on earth!

It may have changed since we went in June '02 but then the place was so dirty, every other building was boarded up, the sun centre made all our eyes water there was that much cigarette smoke in the air but the kids enjoyed Conwy castle on the day we visited

It reminded me of what I imagine an old wild west town looked like, once the miners had left after the goldrush!

I know what you mean. It does look a dirty place and not a lot to do there.

camping_gaz
30-08-2008, 17:45
i for one will be glad when they have cleaned the place up, but it as a got a great beach its only the west promenade that lets it down, our girt loves it we just park up with the other campers and motorhomes on marine drive, ok sometimes the boy racers flying past can be off putting but you get used to it after a couple of days :)

mandrake
30-08-2008, 18:05

rhyl is a very nice place spent many a nice time there and also all the north wales coast some exelent scenery in that part of the world

rockinjac
12-04-2010, 10:08
Hi all, Rhyl has cleaned it's act up a lot, especially the prom area. you can overnight here if you go to the top end of the prom past the Sun Centre, parking fee ends at 6.00 pm, there are toilets, it's best to park prom side before the houses start on the right by the Hospital! Most residents are are fine with this. There are still a few dowdy areas of Rhyl, but much better lately, and good for shopping, arcades, etc. prom side is very nice now!...Jack

rebbyvid
12-04-2010, 19:39
Stopped there last may bank holiday was suprised how quiet it was after 10 ish
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/may%20bank%20holiday%202009/DSCF2065.jpg
not a bad view
Rob

rockinjac
12-04-2010, 22:33
Thanks for that Rob, smashing pic, weather was a bit rough when we were there!...Jack

Bigpeetee
27-02-2011, 16:02
Rhyl is in Denbighshire!!

shawbags
27-02-2011, 21:41
I've been warned about Rhyl,run down and full of drugys.
I used to go with my parents when i was a niper more so for the horse shoe pass,dad used to cook bacon butties on an old parafin burner in the boot of the car,good old days.
The coastline up there is lovely but i would steer clear of Rhyl myself.

Bigpeetee
27-02-2011, 22:00
The West end of Rhyl (Harbour end) has loads of issues, whilst I personally wouldn't stay there, I see loads of people staying on the Prom by the sky tower, some for a fortnights holiday!!, if you stay at the Sun Centre end there are few issues.

Sadly Rhyl has become very rundown over the past few decades.

Better to stay in Old Colwyn, Llandulas or Talacre and travel in if you want to see Rhyl

gerry1
28-12-2014, 19:37

Yes it has changed but probably not for the better.
Had you have visited Rhyl say 60 years ago, you would have a much better impression of it, the Promanade was beautiful with it's lights etc. similar to Blackpool.
It seems Rhyl is now the drugs capital of North Wales.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS