PDA

View Full Version : Trossachs wild camp weekend

champstar
03-10-2010, 13:55
Anyone interested in a smallish wild camp weekend in the trossachs?
Probably in the next few weeks or even middle of November....lovely scenery, quiet spots.
Might even go this weekend

Jock in a Box
04-10-2010, 13:44
Sounds goood to me - I'm new to this so I'll be lookin for some Pointers.

Regards

Jock in a Box

magbrin
05-10-2010, 16:14
Maybe, Graeme .............. will keep an eye on what is happening. Just back from the Borders, so won't be able to do this weekend.

As you know Grandbaby expected any day, and we hope to be off to France/Spain end Oct/early Nov, but depending on how long we have to wait for the baby we may have some time to kill!

If not - see you in Selkirk!

bevdrew
05-10-2010, 17:23
We could be interested too - any specific location in mind?

---------------------------
Regards Bev & Drew

champstar
05-10-2010, 20:19
Basically thinking anywhere from loch achray to up the dukes pass....if all goes well we will be up there either friday or saturday....but with regards to organising a wild weekend...still up for it if we get some numbers...bascially just parking on a fc carpark

magbrin
06-10-2010, 06:34
Basically thinking anywhere from loch achray to up the dukes pass....if all goes well we will be up there either friday or saturday....but with regards to organising a wild weekend...still up for it if we get some numbers...bascially just parking on a fc carpark

Keep us posted:) It will be a spur of the moment thing - but we will come if we can if we know where & when:D:D

Jock in a Box
07-10-2010, 09:26
Hi people,

I've arranged to camp here The Lade Inn, Restaurant, Public House, Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park, Callander, Perthshire, Scotland (http://www.theladeinn.com) on Friday night - some good music great food.

On Saturday - will relax on somewhere on south road on Loch Earn.

Any visits from members would be great - I'm testing out my (new to me) old van - a Mercedes M1000B Weisenberg build.

So if u fancy poppin in for a cuppa or something stronger, please pm me for my moby number. or drop in when u see an old guy on his own struggling with a gas bottle please say hello.

Or as a newbie you could invite me to your camp site on the saturday and i could introduce myself to you.?

Regards

Jock in a Box aka Charles Yates email charles@hfiuk.com

champstar
07-10-2010, 17:50
The parking area at the Lade is not large and if any cars there might be tight..but it will quieten down late on....there is a good area just up the road a bit from the Lade..walking distance...bocastle forrest carpark.

Jock in a Box
08-10-2010, 16:35
Sorry can't make it tonight big problem with my Trumatic 1800 heater - It won't work!!!!! So need 2 get it fixed b4 I go anywhere.

Cheers

Jock in a Box

champstar
08-10-2010, 20:42
also had to put our plans on hold as work at house has overrun...but will post when we are going again

Jock in a Box
09-10-2010, 11:42
Yes please let me know - i should get this heater fixed soon.

Regards

Jock

magbrin
15-10-2010, 21:08
With baby now arrived we will be off to France/Spain in a week or two - so will have to give this one a miss unless it is postponed long enough:)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS