PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland

badgerfamily
18-10-2010, 20:09
Hi

Can anyone recommend am Aires near to disneyland. Preferably one not on the main road as we have young children. Also can anyone tell me how much the parking is overnight at Disneyland?

Cheers

Toni

magicsurfbus
24-10-2010, 09:51
According to the Disneyland website's FAQ page, campers can still park in the car park for an unspecified daily flat rate. We stopped there in March 2008 for 13 Euros a night and had access to the basic facilities (shower, toilet) in the coach drivers' pavilion. I believe the nightly rate is closer to 20 Euros now. One thing to watch out for is the service point for loo emptying was shut out of season when we visited. Don't know if that's still the case. There were no hookups available then either.

After initial entry you pay for each extra day's stay by trotting over to the main ticket barrier each morning and getting a ticket or pass to put in your windscreen.

One minor irritant is cleaning vehicles whizzing around the car park in the wee small hours with flashing lights, but they're soon gone.

Obviously 20 Euros is a lot to pay for an Aire, but compared to Camp Davy Crockett or whatever it's definitely the cheaper option, plus no commuting required, or late night driving after the fireworks, and you can go back to your van for a break (and/or a reasonably-priced meal) later in the day if you need it. After listening to 'when you wish upon a star' piped non-stop through hidden speakers around the park for most of the day I definitely need a break before returning for fireworks at night!

If you check CAMPINGCAR-INFOS Department 77 (http://www.campingcar-infos.com/Francais/affichaire.php?action=chercher&dept=77) and surroundings you might find an alternative, but remember that their blue and white ASV symbols sometimes refer to service points only, and not always to parking.

josielynne
29-10-2010, 19:02
we park at disney carpark when visiting disney ,dont make sense not to ,just a stroll and your in the park ,at night after the parade & fireworks are over your sitting in your van having ur tea & toast, and the cars are still leaving the other carpark ,and its not expensive

Higgy
31-10-2010, 02:30
Just got back having been with the car - 15 euro for the car park I nearly passed
out.

We queued and queued for every ride and the staff were a right miserable bunch however it was our daughters 6th Birthday and she loved it.

Two days later we went to Park Asterix, 8 euro to park and it was fabulous, the
longest wait for rides was 10 mins and the staff were tops. If you want to take
the kids and have fun go here. Kai said it was better than Disney.

Direct access off the A1 between junction 7 & 8.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS