PDA

View Full Version : Talacre

roifromnwales
27-10-2004, 22:45
I've used the beach at Talacre a few times.
at the sign for Talacre off the coast road to Prestatyn from Flint, just head straight down the road to the beach. it is used for car parking but
BEWARE
during the High tides this area is flooded and can be very muddy. Stay on the track. I could make a fortune with the cars I've dug out.
If the tide is in or you don't fancy the very dark beach then just before you come to the beach there is a car park and a pub (on the right). this is not the pub car park but a municipal one and providing you don't mind the noise of the drunks going home (don't seem to be any licencing hours there) you can park in here for a few days. there are toilets a short way up the road. a local bakery does great bread and cakes and for those inclined lots of Bingo.
AVOID parking on the left opposite the amusements and chippy even though it may be tempting. they clamp. don't give receipts and I believe it is about £90.

welshcamper
08-12-2006, 17:35
hi new to forum but heres an update

In 2005 a barrier locked at night has been installed to prevent access to the beach , its also locked most winter days, beach car park has been made smaller. At very high tide no place is safe in the beach car park, but access is prevented, there used to be a small area to the east which was safe except 10m tide. Less cars get stuck now. There is no height barrier.

Still camp on the tarmac places at the back in the council car park near two pubs but the place seems less busy in winter, in summer on hot days the place, been a free car pack is packed

lotty
11-06-2013, 21:03
Has anyone been to Talacre recently?

A friend told me about it as she visited last weekend in their car. They are not campers but said how dog friendly the beach and local shops and pubs are.
She did notice the barrier but wasn't sure if they still lock it at night or if indeed you could wildcamp there. Does anyone have any up to date information please?

thanks
Lotty

stonedaddy
12-06-2013, 00:09
At the end of the road in Talacre there are two pubs. They are both on the right hand side just before you go onto the beach. The first one is called the Lighthouse and their car park has an height barrier and belongs to the pub so best left alone. Just a bit further along on the same side is a pub called the Smugglers Inn and their car park is free and as mentioned earlier it is not the pub's car park but a free council one, but it looks just like the pub owns it. You can wild camp on there with no problems as long as you don't overstay your welcome. The Lighthouse does meals and the Smugglers is quite friendly with a decent pint. There are fantastic dog walks along both sides of the beach and also long walks opposite the car park this side of the sand dunes that has been made of duck boards and other materials. Some nights you will be sharing with lots of other camper vans. I have stayed twice in this location in the past and have had no problems whatsoever. So happy camping and enjoy.
.... Tom ....

Wooie1958
12-06-2013, 06:28

A friend told me about it as she visited last weekend in their car. They are not campers but said how dog friendly the beach and local shops and pubs are.
She did notice the barrier but wasn't sure if they still lock it at night or if indeed you could wildcamp there. Does anyone have any up to date information please?

thanks
Lotty

Hi there,

Don`t even attempt it at weekends or holidays especially if the weather is nice................................LOL.

We`ve just done a week around Wales and we normally come back up that way because the wife likes to have a look in the main Abakhan Warehouse at Mostyn
which is a little further up the main road A548.............. Much more choice that the one in Preston apparently...........LOL.

It was absolute MAYHEM especially by the Holiday Park and Amusements, it took nearly an hour just to find somewhere to turn around and at one stage we was
completely stuck because some HERBERT had double parked whilst his " Precious Little Princess " had gone for a bloody ice cream !

When we did eventually get down to the Car Park just before the Smugglers Inn we couldn`t turn in because there was cars everywhere and even on the footpath
at the entrance.

After lots of Cursing, Swearing, Horn Blowing, Rude Gesturing and general Arm Waving we did turn round, then had to run the gauntlet again by the Holiday Park.

It is very nice down there especially on the beach but pick your time ( 5 A.M. on a Tuesday or Wednesday ) is good.................LOL.

MATS
12-06-2013, 09:50

thanks
Lotty

dog friendly - yes I saw lots of nice people one night walking about but none had dogs :confused:

lotty
12-06-2013, 18:05
Thanks guys, maybe I will wait until out of season before I visit then, lol.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS