View Full Version : East Lyng near Taunton, Rose and Crown inn

mattiball
26-10-2010, 18:35
The Rose & Crown
East Lyng
Taunton
Somerset
TA3 5AU

This pub has a good reputation for food, and when I have driven past have noticed a blackboard advertising free camping to caravaners/motorhomes when you eat at the pub. Never used the pub myself, but as I say, camping confirmed by sign, and only heard good stuff about pub.

mattiball
26-10-2010, 18:38
Wadworth pub in Main Road, East Lyng, East Lyng, Somerset, TA3 5AU (http://www.wadworth.co.uk/east_lyng/rose_and_crown/)

Confirms free camping if you eat there.

bonniestorm
26-10-2010, 19:59
or if you dont want to eat in the pub carry on towards burrowbridge there is a large layby set back away from road often see campervans parked up for night and has snack bar from 7.30 am so dont have to cook breakfast

NicknClair
28-10-2010, 12:11
Food very good, but very busy Fri/Sat nights and Sunday's for dinner.

Rgs

Nick

mattiball
08-11-2010, 20:12
or if you dont want to eat in the pub carry on towards burrowbridge there is a large layby set back away from road often see campervans parked up for night and has snack bar from 7.30 am so dont have to cook breakfast

Good idea, or carry onto Burrowbridge and park in the National Trust carpark below the hill (think its called burrow mump?) and you won't be disturbed by those pulling into layby for breakfast at 0730.

Or carry on through Burrowbridge, and through next village Aller, past two turnings for Westonzoyland on left, along straight section of road before Graylake is a RSPB reserve with a nice carpark with views, been tempted to stay there.

Is a few good spots along this stretch of road. quiet close to home for me, even so, have been tempted by RSPB reserve,is a nice spot....not into bird spotting myself, but if you are, there is a hide here, and a nice cicular walk to it. Would imagine would be nice to watch the birds at dusk and dawn if thats your thing.

mattiball
08-11-2010, 20:14
Food very good, but very busy Fri/Sat nights and Sunday's for dinner.

Rgs

Nick

This is what Ive heard, pub has good reputation.

Canalsman
08-11-2010, 21:55
Or carry on through Burrowbridge, and through next village Aller, past two turnings for Westonzoyland on left, along straight section of road before Graylake is a RSPB reserve with a nice carpark with views, been tempted to stay there.

Is a few good spots along this stretch of road. quiet close to home for me, even so, have been tempted by RSPB reserve,is a nice spot....not into bird spotting myself, but if you are, there is a hide here, and a nice cicular walk to it. Would imagine would be nice to watch the birds at dusk and dawn if thats your thing.

Added to database - thanks :)

Chris

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS