PDA

View Full Version : Aires with buses to historic cities

UFO
03-11-2010, 16:49
Just back from 3 weeks in Spain, Portugal and France. It was a bit busy before we left so I did not do any planning. We would liked to have spent time in Santiago de Compostela and did stay in an aire to the north but there was no obvious buses into the city.

It would be useful to have such information on cities such as Santiago de Compostela, Salamanca, Coimbra (Portugal), etc. The aire in San Sabastian is great as you can walk into the city in just over an hour and a lot of this is along the beach road.

John H
04-11-2010, 14:10
Last month we stayed at the aire in Milladoiro - about 5 miles outside the centre of Santiago de Compostella - 42.84512N 8.58079W - where there is a bus every fifteen minutes into the centre (unless you choose to go, as we did, on a day when there was a bus strike!). The aire has fresh water and grey/toilet waste disposal and is in an apparantly safe area - most people who use it leave their vans for the day while visiting the city. For more info on this and other aires see CAMPINGCAR-INFOS (http://www.campingcar-infos.com). Happy travels.

UFO
04-11-2010, 16:50
Milladoiro - about 5 miles outside the centre of Santiago de Compostella

thanks John I have added a note to my All the Aires Spain and Portugal - it's aire 33 on page 71. We stayed at aire 34 - so we were only one out!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS