PDA

View Full Version : Italy

ssauk
02-03-2007, 19:26
Hi there all.
Planning trip to Italy this summer, has anyone got any info on places in the north of Italy. Wife wants to visit Venice, so any places near there would be good.

03-03-2007, 16:21
Hi there all.
Planning trip to Italy this summer, has anyone got any info on places in the north of Italy. Wife wants to visit Venice, so any places near there would be good.
You could go via Lake Come & Guarda:D

04-03-2007, 15:14
You could go via Lake Come & Guarda:D
lake garda is a must....its wonderful also there is a theme park there,depends what your into...sam x :)

clarkpeacock
04-03-2007, 15:24
Italy is the only country in Europe where I would no longer wild camp. We have had two break in attempts there, one sucessful and one not.

However, it is still a great country to visit and for Venice I can recommend looking at the sites on Lido De Jesolo, particularly Union Lido, from where you can catch the water bus into venice and also the other islands in the lagoon. Rome and Pisa are a must of course as is Pompei. There's an inexpensive camp site right opposite the ancient site entrance.

Camp sites are relatively inexpensive across the country and the food and wine is out of this world. It would be a great country if it wern't for the Italians!

Just my experience of course - sorry to any genuine honest Italians reading this.

04-03-2007, 15:29
Have U tried Turkey as we went on a camping tour 18 years ago & it was out of this world. No safety problems although this may be different now:cool:

clarkpeacock
04-03-2007, 15:34
Have U tried Turkey

Or of course you could nip round the corner from Venice into Croatia. Fantastic country! We spent Summer 2005 there and had a great time.

virgil
04-03-2007, 15:38
Have U tried Turkey as we went on a camping tour 18 years ago & it was out of this world.

The last time I tried Turkey it was a lot closer to home at Christmas!;)

04-03-2007, 15:44
Or of course you could nip round the corner from Venice into Croatia. Fantastic country! We spent Summer 2005 there and had a great time.
Been there, done that.
We went all the way down the coast of Yugosalavia, skirted Albania as I could not enter as I had a beard.
We then went to Thessalonika (check spelling) and from there to Kavalla and into Turkey to Istanbul.
In Turkey we went to Sile in the Black Sea area, and then straight down the middle to Antalya and did the whole coast back up to Canakkale and caught a ferry back across the straights to Gallipoli.(Greece)
Then straight up the middle of Yugo & home.
7 weeks in total & 7000 mile. Total cost was under 2000 inc ferry & fuel and we ate out every night.
How was that?:cool:

04-03-2007, 15:53
Been there, done that.
We went all the way down the coast of Yugosalavia, skirted Albania as I could not enter as I had a beard.
We then went to Thessalonika (check spelling) and from there to Kavalla and into Turkey.
In Turkey we went to Sile in the Black Sea area, and then straight down the middle to Antalya and did the whole coast back up to Canakkale and caught a ferry back across the straights to Gallipoli.
Then straight up the middle of Yugo & home.
7 weeks in total & 7000 mile. Total cost was under 2000 inc ferry and we ate out every night.
How was that?:cool:
thats what you call a holiday,sounds fantastic,i cant believe it cost so little wow x

04-03-2007, 15:54
thats what you call a holiday,sounds fantastic,i cant believe it cost so little wow x
Yes it was, but U have to bear in mind it was 18 years ago. :)
We want to go again:cool:

04-03-2007, 16:05
Yes it was, but U have to bear in mind it was 18 years ago. :)
We want to go again:cool:yes i could see why you would want to go again,i would love to do it,one day maybe...why wont they let you into albania with a beard??

clarkpeacock
04-03-2007, 16:08
.why wont they let you into albania with a beard??

Something to do with King Zog I think?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zog_of_Albania

Or maybe Muslim?

Or maybe I just talk c**p

04-03-2007, 16:26
Something to do with King Zog I think?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zog_of_Albania

Or maybe Muslim?

Or maybe I just talk c**p
A bit rude with the c**p I think!:mad:
I never knew why & I was not particulary bothered.;)
I just know that anyone with a beard was refused entry!:p

clarkpeacock
04-03-2007, 16:31
A bit rude with the c**p I think!:mad:

I apologise. Make that 'talking rubbish.........'

04-03-2007, 16:32
its a mystery but their loss eh grath :)

04-03-2007, 16:34
i thought "talking c**p" was supposed to be "talking camp" ha ha ha :D

04-03-2007, 17:25
I apologise. Make that 'talking rubbish.........'
Clarkpeacock, Either case if it be C**p or talking rubbish. U meant it as an insult as U have confirmed this by changing from c**p to talking rubbish
Were U there er No, I was and it was 18 years ago & that was the situation at that time. A lot has happened since then but why ur out of order comments.
Are you really that rude?

virgil
04-03-2007, 17:42
Clarkpeacock, Either case if it be C**p or talking rubbish. U meant it as an insult as U have confirmed this by changing from c**p to talking rubbish
Were U there er No, I was and it was 18 years ago & that was the situation at that time.
Are you really that rude?
I think U need a few manners!

A lot has happened since then

Graham... Chill out man! You are getting into online arguments with everyone lately!

As I read it Clarkepeacock was aiming the comment at himself and in no way was it aimed at you!

He was belittling himself for trying to show us why beards were banned in Albania but after posting links to Wikipedia and then supposing it could have been Muslim beliefs he realised he was nowhere nearer explaining the reasons for the beard ban as when he started!

04-03-2007, 17:48
Virgil, I didn't read it that way, but maybe u are right & if that is the case,& I mean if, then, I am man enough to apologize:o
I am a little stressed as I go to Hospital on Tuesday for some quite nasty tests!

virgil
04-03-2007, 17:56
Virgil, I didn't read it that way, but maybe u are right & if that is the case,& I mean if, then, I am man enough to apologize:o

If you check out previous posts by clarkpeacock you will see that none of them are antagonistic!

Regarding this I would assume that I am correct (but could be wrong!)

virgil
04-03-2007, 17:57
I am a little stressed as I go to Hospital on Tuesday for some quite nasty tests!

Good luck with the tests!

04-03-2007, 18:04
Virgil, thanks.
I have just put a search in Yahoo. It was "Albania bans beards"
The result confirms what I said but I do not know how to uplift it & post on here.
;)

clarkpeacock
04-03-2007, 18:05
He was belittling himself for trying to show us why beards were banned in Albania but after posting links to Wikipedia and then supposing it could have been Muslim beliefs he realised he was nowhere nearer explaining the reasons for the beard ban as when he started!

Hmm... Thats what I thought I wrote too Virgil. Maybe I dont write English too good.

I initially took Graths comment as a complaint regarding my use of asterixes to disguise a mild swear word hence my change from c**p to rubbish.

Apologies for any offence caused. ( Hope I don't get in trouble for writing the 'C' word again........)

04-03-2007, 18:08
Hmm... Thats what I thought I wrote too Virgil. Maybe I dont write English too good.

Apologies for any offence caused.
As I have said above, if that was the case then I appologise for any offence.:o
As U will have seen I did a yahoo search & it confirms what I said.
I was a little younger then & if U do the search U will understand that statement!;)

virgil
04-03-2007, 18:09
Virgil, thanks.
I have just put a search in Yahoo. It was "Albania bans beards"
The result confirms what I said but I do not know how to uplift it & post on here.
;)

I think most of us old enough remember the reports on the churlish beard bans!

I have posted the link on the BBC website for those younger members (it's the fourth paragraph from the bottom)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3486776.stm

04-03-2007, 18:11

I have posted the link on the BBC website for those younger members (it's the fourth paragraph from the bottom)

Thanks Virgil:o :o :o

04-03-2007, 18:15

thanks virgil,hope your ok grath good luck with the tests love sammy x x ;)

04-03-2007, 18:16
Clarkpeacock, I appologize as I got it wrong, SORRY:o :o

04-03-2007, 18:17
thanks virgil,hope your ok grath good luck with the tests love sammy x x ;)
Thanks Sam:o :o

virgil
04-03-2007, 18:18

Well said Graham! It takes a man to admit he's in the wrong!

virgil
04-03-2007, 18:20
I do have my uses see! I wish my missus could see how useful I am!:D

04-03-2007, 18:21
Well said Graham! It takes a man to admit he's in the wrong!
Thanks again Virgil.
I am usually right 99.999999999999999999999% (only joking):o but I was totally wrong & I am not ashamed to admit it:o

clarkpeacock
04-03-2007, 18:21
Ah yes - now I remember my European History from my 1970's O -levels. It was Enver Hoxha, who helped oust King Zog, that banned the beards. I knew King Zog was involved there somewhere.

Amazing what you can learn from a wildcamping forum!

I'll shut up now......

04-03-2007, 18:22
I do have my uses see! I wish my missus could see how useful I am!:D
well done mr diffuser :D i was keeping out of it,i cant deal with things like that as i normally would say the wrong thing and make it worse....:rolleyes:
well done virgil your a peace maker yee haa :D

clarkpeacock
04-03-2007, 18:23

No problem. Good luck with your tests. AND you made me think about my O level history lessons for the first time in 30+ years!

Thanks a bundle! :)

04-03-2007, 18:24
No problem. Good luck with your tests. AND you made me think about my O level history lessons for the first time in 30+ years!

Thanks a bundle!
Thanks & sorry again:o :o :o

virgil
04-03-2007, 18:26
Thanks & sorry again:o :o :o

That's enough humble pie! Now lets get back to wilding... Did anyone see the eclipse last night??

04-03-2007, 18:28
That's enough humble pie! Now lets get back to wilding... Did anyone see the eclipse last night??
i could see 2 ha ha :D :rolleyes:

04-03-2007, 18:30
Seen it on TV.
Just thinking, I must make this site exciting. What would U do for excitement without me? Was I todays thriller:confused:

virgil
04-03-2007, 18:31
i could see 2 ha ha :D :rolleyes:

Are you certain it wasn't Uranus??:D;)

04-03-2007, 18:35
Are you certain it wasn't Uranus??:D;)
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha:D :D :D :D :D :D
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s166/sammclouis/untitled-4.jpg

04-03-2007, 18:36
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
How did U manage 2 get those many smilies.
It stops me after 4:eek:

virgil
04-03-2007, 18:36
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha:D :D :D :D :D :D

Thats nothing new! I've seen PILES of those.:D

04-03-2007, 18:38
Seen it on TV.
Just thinking, I must make this site exciting. What would U do for excitement without me? Was I todays thriller:confused:
me thinks exciting must be your middle name graham,i would have been totally bored without you today,thanks for making me smile today ha ha :D

virgil
04-03-2007, 18:38
How did U manage 2 get those many smilies.
It stops me after 4:eek:
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D You are restricted to 10 in each post!

04-03-2007, 18:40
me thinks exciting must be your middle name graham,i would have been totally bored without you today,thanks for making me smile today ha ha :D
Think it is that by the nature of WildCampers we R all strong Characters!;)

04-03-2007, 18:40
ha ha well i for 1 think you should sit on plenty of these http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s166/sammclouis/untitled-5.jpg

04-03-2007, 18:42
Think it is that by the nature of WildCampers we R all strong Characters!;)
"very" thats why i'm addicted,i love the banter with like minded m/h's :D

04-03-2007, 18:48
Thats nothing new! I've seen PILES of those.:D
any1 been here other than virgil??
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s166/sammclouis/PilesSign.jpg

clarkpeacock
04-03-2007, 18:52
Am I going to offend anyone?

There are no incidents of moons associated with URANUS. PHEW!!!

I didn't think URANUS was the one with a big red spot.

What are those rings around URANUS?

By the way - what has this got to do with Italy?????

grath
04-03-2007, 18:55

I could answer that but I might get into trouble with any Italians!;) ;)

04-03-2007, 18:56
Am I going to offend anyone? NO

There are no incidents of moons associated with URANUS. PHEW!!! DONT KNOW

I didn't think URANUS was the one with a big red spot. IV NO IDEA

What are those rings around URANUS? STILL NO IDEA

By the way - what has this got to do with Italy????? NOTHING AT ALL HA HA :D

grath
04-03-2007, 18:58

Err is Italy any nearer to the Moon:confused: ;) :rolleyes: :D

virgil
04-03-2007, 18:59

Excellent!;)

virgil
04-03-2007, 19:00
Gotta go! Top Gear!

04-03-2007, 19:02
Gotta go! Top Gear!c ya's later x x

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS