PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere in scotland

GARY ENGLISH
06-03-2007, 13:36
Help locating a venue in scotland.It is a canal with a shop and cafe,and a lifting device for lifting barges from one level to another.Supposed to be the only one of its kind, but have lost magazine ,cant remember were it is.Like to visit this summer ,can any one help with information.Thank you.

Big Westy
06-03-2007, 13:49
the Falkirk Wheel .....

http://www.thefalkirkwheel.co.uk/index.asp

havn't been myself .... but it looks pretty cool.

GARY ENGLISH
06-03-2007, 13:53
Thanks big westy , spot on looks very intresting,even the children want to go and have a look ,makes a change.

merlin wanderer
06-03-2007, 19:49
Well Worth A Visit

billy1000
07-03-2007, 10:41
Well Worth A Visit Think there are many places in Scotland worth visiting. My opinion is that it is a very under rated country for tourism. Places i've been to over the years make some of the continental resorts look drab. Lovely country and brilliant people and that's from an Englishman.

merlin wanderer
07-03-2007, 13:25
Thank you billy I am of course scottish

on a hill there stood a coo
it must ave moved its no there noo

merlin wanderer
07-03-2007, 13:34
sorry about the stutter

billy1000
07-03-2007, 15:02
Thank you billy I am of course scottish

on a hill there stood a coo
it must ave moved its no there noo

Credit where it is due Merlin. Fell in love with the place many years ago. Still feel the same way no matter how many time I see it.

hillwalker
07-03-2007, 15:17
Credit where it is due Merlin. Fell in love with the place many years ago. Still feel the same way no matter how many time I see it.
I HAVEN'T BEEN THERE YET..:eek:

billy1000
07-03-2007, 15:22
I HAVEN'T BEEN THERE YET..:eek:

You want to give it a go mate. It is a really scenic place. I was on the west coast some years ago and parked up in a layby with my truck and as I sat there I could hear water and through the bracken there was a stream with water as clears as tap water, clearer than some. Really nice listening to it flow slowly by.

hillwalker
07-03-2007, 17:57
You want to give it a go mate. It is a really scenic place. I was on the west coast some years ago and parked up in a layby with my truck and as I sat there I could hear water and through the bracken there was a stream with water as clears as tap water, clearer than some. Really nice listening to it flow slowly by.
sound's nice billy, but it's falkirk wouldn't fancy campin a nite ..:eek:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS