PDA

View Full Version : Orihuela spain wild camp

Poco Loco
03-12-2010, 14:42
Hi all,

If anyone is looking to head South for the Winter sun then I have just been down to a popular spot near here to gather some information for you (3pm 3 Dec 10).

The place is a very large car park located next to a good sized Mercadonna Supermarket. Across from the supermarket you will find a local restaurant (currently being reformed due to a recent fire), and a number of small small shops. The Orihuela Costa Town Hall and Local Police Station are just on the next block. There are a number of other shops, restaurants etc all within a 10 minute walk (fairly flat terrain). There is also a Saturday market in the morning just up the road (a few Mins walk) that is very good for your fresh Veg etc

The car park is located on Calle Pablo Picasso, Playa Flemenca, 03189 Orihuela Costa, Alicante. However, for some reason my Tom Tom Sat nav tells me its on Calle Uno, but the street sign says different? The co-ordinates are N 37.93258 W 0.72632 To get there you need to be on the N332 at KM51 Approximately 45 minutes south of Alicante.

There are no facilities for water disposal etc, but there are a few garages locally for topping up with water, I wouldn't use it for drinking though. Obviously, the supermarket sells bottled for around 80cents for 5 to 8 litres.

As you will see from the photos there is currently nearly 30 MHs, mostly German, but there is one loan UK van sat in the middle.

This is quite a popular place during the winter as it is also right on the coast with the beach only a 10 min walk. I have seen it used during the summer, but it is also used for fiestas and you may be moved on when they are setting up. However, the vans just relocate in the street and then go to the Fiesta. I don't think there is any such problem during the winter.

I hope this has been some help for you and if you need any further information, drop me a line.

Regards Poco Loco

Firefox
03-12-2010, 15:49
Great info!

Imagine such a spot in the UK... it wouldn't be a week before it was decorated with "residents only bays" yellow lines, hourly tariffs, daily tariffs, height barriers, and no overnight camping notices!

bigal
03-12-2010, 17:55
Thanks for the info Pocoloco, I was going to leave the uk for a 3 month tour through France, Spain and Portugal in April with my wife but my wife is hinting that she may give me some spare time after xmas to try out our new van.:) May well head this way in early January.

BrianG
17-01-2011, 13:54
Hi there,
Until May this year I was living just round the corner from this Mercadona car park.
Everything that is said about it is correct except that the Orihuela Policia Local have put a restriction of either 24 or 48 hours, (can't remember which) so you need to be prepared to move on. However there is normally no problem parking up overnight on any of the streets in the nearby urbanizations (housing estates). You can always park up on the beaches during the day but prepare to be moved off at night. Follow the N332 towards Torrevieja, 2nd roundabout, turn right towards the sea. There is an area where they have laid new roads ready to build more apartments.Some vans have parked for days but again be prepared to move. Continue past the roundabout towards "Torry" take the first sliproad off, then 1st right, right again, then left to the seafront. Turn right and continue to rough beach area.Again no problems in daytime

John Thompson
18-01-2011, 15:30
Hi all,

If anyone is looking to head South for the Winter sun then I have just been down to a popular spot near here to gather some information for you (3pm 3 Dec 10).

The place is a very large car park located next to a good sized Mercadonna Supermarket. Across from the supermarket you will find a local restaurant (currently being reformed due to a recent fire), and a number of small small shops. The Orihuela Costa Town Hall and Local Police Station are just on the next block. There are a number of other shops, restaurants etc all within a 10 minute walk (fairly flat terrain). There is also a Saturday market in the morning just up the road (a few Mins walk) that is very good for your fresh Veg etc

The car park is located on Calle Pablo Picasso, Playa Flemenca, 03189 Orihuela Costa, Alicante. However, for some reason my Tom Tom Sat nav tells me its on Calle Uno, but the street sign says different? The co-ordinates are N 37.93258 W 0.72632 To get there you need to be on the N332 at KM51 Approximately 45 minutes south of Alicante.

There are no facilities for water disposal etc, but there are a few garages locally for topping up with water, I wouldn't use it for drinking though. Obviously, the supermarket sells bottled for around 80cents for 5 to 8 litres.

As you will see from the photos there is currently nearly 30 MHs, mostly German, but there is one loan UK van sat in the middle.

This is quite a popular place during the winter as it is also right on the coast with the beach only a 10 min walk. I have seen it used during the summer, but it is also used for fiestas and you may be moved on when they are setting up. However, the vans just relocate in the street and then go to the Fiesta. I don't think there is any such problem during the winter.

I hope this has been some help for you and if you need any further information, drop me a line.

Regards Poco Loco

Where do people who use these site dispose of their toilet waste? I have seen many reports of places to stop often with many motorhomes, all of then say no water or toilet disposal facilities. Many people seem to stay on these sites for quite some time.

There is a place at La Azohia that says water only available from the beach showers in summer yet there must have been about 30 vans on there in early January.

John

BrianG
18-01-2011, 18:39
I have stayed at La Azohia lots of times usually for just two nights. I then go further south down the coast. There is a park/picnic area at Vera which has public toilets and washing facilities. Cold water only of course. I empty the toilet there. That's another good reason for having a SOG. No mucky chemicals. There were also toilets on the beach at Mojacar with a hose fitted to clean out the loo. Unfortunately some idiot had left it in a real mess last time I was there. I tried to clean it up a bit but if people behave like that it is no surprise that we all get moved on. Most of the motorhomes you see at La Azohia move out during the day and only park up overnight. There are plenty of campsites along this coast that will let you use their facilities for a nominal charge I also carry a lightweight spade and if I am completely stuck, bury it, Again NO CHEMICALS. Talk to other people, surprising how they manage.

DJH2001
14-02-2012, 15:05
I have been dry-wild camping non-stop since 1997, all over europe-usa-canada-mexico there are always places to dump the black tank, no matter where you are, look for sewer drain covers, and lift and dump, or public toilets, or if pushed, and you spot a building site porta loo !!. Campsites for a fee. In spain, look for roads built to build future house (which are not built yet) spanish law dictates all roads-lights-sewers must be built before any houses,, easy peasy lol..
But dont dump down a rain drain, which i have seen being done by a german, and bollicked him for..
As for the grey tank,, does it matter, its just shower water !!, are we to believe that government,s havent allowed companys worldwide to dump much much worse in rivers and streams etc,, (there was money involved !!)

dosser666
14-02-2012, 17:39
Hi all,

Regards Poco Loco

try this link for info page 4-5

RTN The Favourite Free Newspaper For The Costa Blanca, Costa Calida - RTN South Edition 639 (http://www.roundtownnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32380&Itemid=581)

scubydoo
23-03-2012, 17:03
A much nicer place to park up is at Punta Prema on the beach behind the Nautalus Restaurant but only for half a dozen vehicles or the police will move you on.

freelander
23-03-2012, 22:43
Can't park behind Nautilus anymore! Its been sold and renovated, the new company have fenced it off and have artificial grass and sunbeds there now which I presume are for their clients.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS