PDA

View Full Version : Almeria Winter Camping

Devonlad
26-12-2010, 14:44
Has anyone done La Garrofa site, if so whats it like & area? I have a 7.2 mtr van

Cheers

David & Ann
26-12-2010, 16:57
John H is around in the Almeria area at the moment. He will come along shortly to give you advice. Hang on!!!

kenspain
26-12-2010, 17:30
Has anyone done La Garrofa site, if so whats it like & area? I have a 7.2 mtr van

Cheers

La Garrofa site not to bad in the summer last winter it got very cold there with the wind coming of the sea but lots go there no problems with you van mine is the same size. bus stop outside the front to go into Almeria. Just watch the bar not a cheap place to drink last summer. hope this helps

Devonlad
26-12-2010, 20:00
John H is around in the Almeria area at the moment. He will come along shortly to give you advice. Hang on!!!

La Garrofa site not to bad in the summer last winter it got very cold there with the wind coming of the sea but lots go there no problems with you van mine is the same size. bus stop outside the front to go into Almeria. Just watch the bar not a cheap place to drink last summer. hope this helps

Thanks for help, might google a few more see if there's a more sheltered camp,
or search here.
Hope your having a good Christmas All The Best

David & Ann
26-12-2010, 22:12
La Garrofa on the N340a coming off the A7/E15. Co-ordinates are 36° 49' 0" North 2° 31' 0" West.
Don't know much of this area, just passed through.
Almeria is a much better place to spend a lot of time and to park up. Approaching Almeria down the steep hill, through the tunnel. Passed the Ferry port, keep to your right at all times. Bear right under another bridge and keep going straight. You go over a few bumps (like England) eventually you come to large parking area to your right. You can park anywhere there, right on the Promenade. Better still go a few hundred meters to a large round-a-bout. Precisely at the round-a-bout turn into parking area. Plenty of space. This is also right on the Promenade. The next road up on your left, 2 minutes walk is a Mercadona for all your needs.
Hope this helps.

John Thompson
27-12-2010, 06:42
La Garrofa on the N340a coming off the A7/E15. Co-ordinates are 36° 49' 0" North 2° 31' 0" West. http://www.vayacamping.net/file.asp?par1=609&lang=en
Don't know much of this area, just passed through.

Almeria is a much better place to spend a lot of time and to park up.
Approaching Almeria down the steep hill, through the tunnel. Passed the Ferry port, keep to your right at all times. Bear right under another bridge and keep going straight. You go over a few bumps (like England) eventually you come to large parking area to your right. You can park anywhere there, right on the Promenade.

Better still go a few hundred meters to a large round-a-bout. Precisely at the round-a-bout turn into parking area. Plenty of space. This is also right on the Promenade. The next road up on your left, 2 minutes walk is a Mercadona for all your needs.
Hope this helps.

Hi David & Ann

Are you talking about parking up for the day? or overnight? or even longer? If so where do you get water and where do you dispose of waste at these stops.

We are at El Portus Naturist Camping, near Canteras, Cartegena. A bit further north off the AP-7 in Murcia. Toilets, Showers, Hot Water, Washing and Washing up facilities, Laundry, Disposal Points, Fresh water taps, Restaurant and Bar, Supermarket, Covered heated swimming pool. Price 14€ per night including hook up. Discounts for long stays. EL PORTÚS - The Campsite (http://www.elportus.es/english/camping/)

John

John H
27-12-2010, 07:39
Hi and Merry Christmas to you

Sorry but I can't help with info about La Garrofa - we have never been there. We use Camping Cabo de Gata, which is about 20 miles east of Almeria in a remote part of the Natural Park and about a kilometre back from the sea. Rates are good for long-stay (10.44 euros per night). It is the kind of place you either love or hate - if you want lots of entertainment and nearby night life, forget it; if you want peace, quiet and flamingoes, then look it up - website Camping Cabo de Gata, Bungalows Cabo de Gata, Camping Almera (http://www.campingcabodegata.com) . Weather here has been very good so far (we've been here since 1st November) but as others have said, it can be windy along the whole of this coast. If you have any other specific questions, please let me know.

David & Ann
27-12-2010, 08:07
Hi John T, Devonlad did not mention as to long long he wished to stay in the area. It was only a suggestion that Almeria itself would be more interesting for sightseeing and where there would be a little more life. There are facilities for emptying out and getting fresh water on the beach including showers. This of course is in Summertime, regards winter time, I do not know. I have been past the El Portus Campsite. It is nice and hope you enjoy your winter stay, which is a lot better than the UK at the moment, especially with the horrendous weather we are having. I will be around your area around May until September. Have fun.

John Thompson
27-12-2010, 11:44
Hi John T, Devonlad did not mention as to long long he wished to stay in the area. It was only a suggestion that Almeria itself would be more interesting for sightseeing and where there would be a little more life. There are facilities for emptying out and getting fresh water on the beach including showers. This of course is in Summertime, regards winter time, I do not know. I have been past the El Portus Campsite. It is nice and hope you enjoy your winter stay, which is a lot better than the UK at the moment, especially with the horrendous weather we are having. I will be around your area around May until September. Have fun.

Hi David & Ann

We will be heading the other way at the beginning of May. We hope to get up to the Northern Isles then. Summer in France and UK then back to Spain again for the winter.

We have just had some pics from a friend this morning. Glad we made the run south this year.

John & Joan

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS