PDA

View Full Version : Brecon Beacons National Park overnight??

UFO
30-12-2010, 09:11
Heading off to the Brecon area tomorrow. Plan to stay overnight, new year's eve, at Whitehouse Country Inn, Sennybridge.

Looking at the map there are car parks in the Taf Fechan forest north of the Pentwyn reservoir, north of Merthyr Tydfil. Anyone know whether there are problems staying overnight in national park car parks such as these.

thanks David

mandrake
30-12-2010, 12:43
hi we stayed overnight there a couple of times and found it ok we were not troubled. there is also a car park round the other side of the res but found that the odd car or two pulled on and flashed there lights and pipped there horns. just a word off warning ,some of the pull offs there can attract doggers and the comunity of men that like to connect with each other if you get my drift, you can try the leasure center in merther if you are there ,we used that quite a lot when we were in that area .another one is the university car park .can tend to attract the boy racers but they give no trouble. usualy a couple of overnighting trucks there so get parked near them. also brecon town center long stay car parks allow overnighting for a night but you can stay 2 nights no bother .best one is at the back of the supermarket morrisons i think it is ,get tucked up at the bottom near the houses

coolasluck
31-12-2010, 14:23
some of the pull offs there can attract doggers and the comunity of men that like to connect with each other if you get my drift

A great quote there,one of this years best quotes and i would have thought well worthy of a prize.:o
dgg18mlr i would imagine with that number plate you are either unlucky or may end up attracting the attentions of the afore-mentioned community.:eek:
Personally speaking if that is your number plate i would consider purchasing another one;)

mandrake
31-12-2010, 16:59
some of the pull offs there can attract doggers and the comunity of men that like to connect with each other if you get my drift

A great quote there,one of this years best quotes and i would have thought well worthy of a prize.:o
dgg18mlr i would imagine with that number plate you are either unlucky or may end up attracting the attentions of the afore-mentioned community.:eek:
Personally speaking if that is your number plate i would consider purchasing another one;)

thanks as you know i like to be p.c about things ,and thanks for the prize i will let you have details of where and when you can forward the cash in the new year

UFO
04-01-2011, 16:16
'with that number plate'!!! my number plate has the letters UFO in it but I have never had problems with flying objectives, either unidentifed or identified - or any other unwelcome attention :)

UFO
04-01-2011, 16:26
New year's eve at the White House Inn was excellent - food, beer, music and atmosphere.

The second night we stayed at the Promonade car park in Brecon - very quite.

Third night at the Owl's Grove car park in the forest north of the Pentwyn Reservoir N51 50.210 W003 22.911 - also very quite.

David

Canalsman
04-01-2011, 18:33
New year's eve at the White House Inn was excellent - food, beer, music and atmosphere.

The second night we stayed at the Promonade car park in Brecon - very quite.

Third night at the Owl's Grove car park in the forest north of the Pentwyn Reservoir N51 50.210 W003 22.911 - also very quite.

David

Thanks for the info - I've added the White House Inn and the Owl's Grove car park to the database.

I'm not sure you've got the position right for Owl's Grove - it is shown here 51.83759, -3.39115 - Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/22txm8w)

(There are other spots along the road that I've now added to the POI database too ...)

Regards

Chris

UFO
06-01-2011, 12:13
Thanks for the info - I've added the White House Inn and the Owl's Grove car park to the database.

I'm not sure you've got the position right for Owl's Grove - it is shown here 51.83759, -3.39115 - Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/22txm8w)

(There are other spots along the road that I've now added to the POI database too ...)

Regards

Chris

Not sure what happened to the coordinates, I read them off my sat nav at the entrance to the car park. You have the correct location

51.836875,-3.382561 - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.836875,-3.382561&num=1&t=h&sll=51.756156,-3.594257&sspn=0.001448,0.005262&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=51.837193,-3.382115&spn=0.001528,0.005262&z=18)

T9sus4
09-02-2011, 08:24
I just spent a quiet night at the Lower Blaen-y-glyn var park, which was better sheltered against the hooley it blew in the Beacons last weekend.
51.844162, -3.361386

martyn
25-01-2012, 13:10
Best overnight in Brecon is the promenade, just follow the signs for it. It's right next to the river, toilets and very quiet. Nice 5 min walk into town centre and please you just have to call into the 3 horse shoes pub situated just over the bridge on the way out of the town centre. Run by john, the oldest pub in Brecon and is a trully charming experience. Ask to read the visitors book. food is good and I hope you enjoy conversation because john does.
enjoy.
martyn

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS