PDA

View Full Version : Lancaster ?

Stuart Tracy and Bob
29-01-2011, 09:34
Hello All,

Had a day in Lancaster yesterday and wondered if anyone has suggestions where to stay in town for an overnighter. I think it would be great on a warm summers evening ! I've not heard of anyone staying there and can't imagine why anyone would'nt. Any pointers would be gratefully accepted.

Regards,
Stuart.

Croftland1
31-01-2011, 20:33
Hello All,

Had a day in Lancaster yesterday and wondered if anyone has suggestions where to stay in town for an overnighter. I think it would be great on a warm summers evening ! I've not heard of anyone staying there and can't imagine why anyone would'nt. Any pointers would be gratefully accepted.

Regards,
Stuart.

Heading into town from the north on the A6, cross the River Lune on Skerton Bridge and hold the left lane as if heading out towards M6 j34. Approx 70 yards from the bridge is a riverside car park among trees. This is a good place to overnight.
If you are approaching from the central one-way system, you need to head out along Parliament St, signposted to the M6, (follow the road left around Sainsbury's then split right before going over Greyhound Bridge.) As you leave Parliament St and join Caton Rd, you will join the traffic coming in from the left off Skerton Bridge and the car park is just on the left opposite the new apartments built in the old Kingsway Buildings.

Canalsman
31-01-2011, 22:39
Heading into town from the north on the A6, cross the River Lune on Skerton Bridge and hold the left lane as if heading out towards M6 j34. Approx 70 yards from the bridge is a riverside car park among trees. This is a good place to overnight.
If you are approaching from the central one-way system, you need to head out along Parliament St, signposted to the M6, (follow the road left around Sainsbury's then split right before going over Greyhound Bridge.) As you leave Parliament St and join Caton Rd, you will join the traffic coming in from the left off Skerton Bridge and the car park is just on the left opposite the new apartments built in the old Kingsway Buildings.

Excellent information - many thanks. Now added to POI database :)

Regards

Chris

rolandrat
01-02-2011, 17:32
If you want security you could ask the owner of the Greaves Hotel just south on the A6 if you can park on his land, the car park is very big and you can walk into the centre in minutes.

Stuart Tracy and Bob
01-02-2011, 17:46

Hi,

Thanks for that. I think I know the small carpark you mean because we went past it on our way out of town heading for the coast near Morecambe and Heysham, and saw it again on our way back past town heading for J34 of the M6.

Regards,
Stuart

Stuart Tracy and Bob
01-02-2011, 17:51
If you want security you could ask the owner of the Greaves Hotel just south on the A6 if you can park on his land, the car park is very big and you can walk into the centre in minutes.

Hi,

Thanks for that. Not sure where that is but its worth a try. Do you know anyone who has stayed there recently ?

Regards,
Stuart.

Canalsman
01-02-2011, 17:55
Hi,

Thanks for that. I think I know the small carpark you mean because we went past it on our way out of town heading for the coast near Morecambe and Heysham, and saw it again on our way back past town heading for J34 of the M6.

Regards,
Stuart

It is just here Skerton, Lancaster - Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/4mw3cm9)

Croftland1
01-02-2011, 19:08

Another good one rolandrat. The Greaves Hotel has a great car park. Not to be confused with the Greaves Park pub though, (adjacent to Pointer roundabout,) although that one may be worth asking at too.

Croftland1
01-02-2011, 19:12
It is just here Skerton, Lancaster - Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/4mw3cm9)

This car park always used to have a height restriction barrier on it, but it was removed some considerable time ago now. Hopefully this was a permanent move :) It's next to the cycle track, so maybe the council took it out to facilitate access for vehicles with bikes on roof carriers.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS