PDA

View Full Version : Sites Scotland February - Help

Seamoor
02-02-2011, 19:37
My daughter has hired a Campervan for two weeks in February, and want to find sites that will be open in February - covering Durness - John O Groats - Ullapool

Can anyone help. thanks

deanjo
02-02-2011, 21:59
My daughter has hired a Campervan for two weeks in February, and want to find sites that will be open in February - covering Durness - John O Groats - Ullapool

Can anyone help. thanks

i cant help you with sites,but we've done the coastal road all the way from john o'groats to ullapool and to be honest you dont need sites..the first time we did it we stayed on 2 sites but i'm pretty certain they are closed in winter,,but like i say you dont need sites,theres loads of places to stay,if it takes your fancy then get parked up,we've never had a spot of bother at all...its a fantastic drive around the coastal route,much of it single track,but theres nothing to worry about theres loads of passing places and everyone is courteous,,,,tell your daughter to go and enjoy it,take a map and follow her nose,it really is that simple....we cant keep away from scotland for that reason..
scotland was our first destination when i bought the motorhome,i didnt know forums like this existed,so without any prior knowledge we headed off up there and really havnt looked back since,,,your daughter will love it.

whitebus79
03-02-2011, 10:29
As Deanjo says, can find places up there Ok. Durness campsite is not open but you can use it out of season, next to Sango Sands pub and restaurant (not sure about their hours out of season).
From the campsite webapage
Out of season you may camp here free of charge unless you require electric and/or water pick up. The charge for this is 6 per night. Toilet blocks are open, but cold water only (no showers).

Weather will be a bit wild up there at this time of year

sagart
03-02-2011, 14:29
Agree with all said about no problem finding a spot...have you downloaded Canalsman's Poi for Google Earth?
Wild!!! My house is getting 70mph gusts at the moment and my dog has just been blown over!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS