PDA

View Full Version : Wild Camping near Bournemouth

kontiki226
04-02-2011, 15:52
Anyone know where we could park for a night near Bournemouth in March. We are going to a show and hotels are quite expensive!

mitsie7
04-02-2011, 17:31
Hi there, i have wild camped in dorset, there are three places i know about nr bmth, on the road between Ringwood and Ferndown, there is Avon country park [lorry park] i have stayed there no problems, the other places are Poole stadium,and to left of poole ferry car park[sandbanks] hope this helps,tom

ssstuarttt
04-02-2011, 19:23
hi there, I used to live near there in bournemouth and the place i would recommend is the car park at baiter park in poole, great views and 5 mins walk to poole town centre. enjoy!

Dezi
05-02-2011, 07:32
Anyone know where we could park for a night near Bournemouth in March. We are going to a show and hotels are quite expensive!

Hi, Providing you are discreet, Then Boscombe overcliff drive is the nearest place.
Anywhere between Grovely ave & Woodland walk is best, including the side roads.
Unfortunately other motorhome owners in the past have soured things around here by
Parking up for several days at a time & leaving litter or worse for other holiday makers to enjoy!!!
Arrive late leave early & you should be O.K.
Dezi

ellisboy
06-02-2011, 08:55
Hello !
as Dezi says, anywhere along the Overcliff drive from Boscombe to Southbourne.There
is also a nice spot along Southbourne coast rd,heading towards Hengistbury head.
regards Stephen.:D

ellisboy
06-02-2011, 08:59
And also Bournemouth is in Dorset not Hampshire:rolleyes:

Canalsman
06-02-2011, 15:32
There is also a nice spot along Southbourne coast rd,heading towards Hengistbury head.
regards Stephen.:D

Just had a look on Streetview, and I think that overnight parking restrictions are in force ...

billi
03-11-2011, 06:30
want somewhere to overnite bournemouth/christchurch area next week,but noticed that this is a older post.can anyone give us an update please!.

JohnsCrossMotorHomes
03-11-2011, 10:06
Thistle Hotel Car Park on Poole Quay, I think its 10 now with cameras, plenty to do and see on the Quay.

If you want a freebie you may park here providing you let my Managing Director know first.

Steve Chappel,
Double D Distributors
10 Didcot Road
Nuffield Industrial Estate
Poole
Tel 01202-675999

billi
03-11-2011, 11:40
thanks for the kwik reply,i will give your md a phone. will try to do at nite at each-billi

jamesuk
24-01-2013, 20:57
Is the Boscombe overcliff drive location still ok?
Gonna be round there in a couple of weeks.
Thanks,
James.

Millie
24-01-2013, 21:25
The parking signs say no but there are still plenty who do. You should be fine this time of year. If not just park up in one of the many side roads :)

jamesuk
24-01-2013, 21:55
Thanks for that... is there anywhere near with a good view thats 100% legal? I'd just sleep better.

astiling
24-01-2013, 22:05
Many of the side roads have the same no overnighting signs as on the main cliff rd but not all side roads have this. I don't think you'll get a spot with a view unless you run the risk of parking on the front with the chance (don't know how likely) of getting disturbed at night. Have stayed a few times in the area though not on the cliff rd, arriving late and leaving earlyish with no issues. Another option is Dean Park Rd, bit further from views but quiet and no hassle for a sleep stop.

didds
17-07-2014, 21:32
Thistle Hotel Car Park on Poole Quay, I think its 10 now with cameras, plenty to do and see on the Quay.

If you want a freebie you may park here providing you let my Managing Director know first.

Steve Chappel,
Double D Distributors
10 Didcot Road
Nuffield Industrial Estate
Poole
Tel 01202-675999

Hiya - is this wonderfully kind offer still open?

We are looking to come down to swim this weekend, doing an ad hoc pier to pier return swim, and just need somewhere to sleep overnight sat/Sun before moving closer to the piers and finding some day parking.

If it is still open, when we phone to speak to Steve, who should i say suggested it? :-)

cheers

didds

pgandt
31-03-2016, 09:31
Just an update for anyone interested - stayed at the Queens Rd coach/car in Bournemouth last night. its not ideal as its quite noisy and there are no facilities but a plus side its a ten minute walk into town. I believe there is also parking at Kings Road lorry park.

Asterix
31-03-2016, 10:57
I've found beach Rd carpark OK for a quiet night,stayed there a few times and been woken by the cops once,they weren't worried about me overnighting there,they were searching for someone in a motorhome... so I pointed out he was parked on beach Rd itself!
It's close to the beach and only ten minutes from Bournemouth town centre.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS