PDA

View Full Version : scotland

tonykat
10-02-2011, 20:04
looking for somewhere to go 60 70 miles north of glasgow where can have camp fire and pub for food and drink and park safely and not loch lomand, arrochar any help guys and gals somewhere i can fish when season starts in march want to go this tuesday just to get van ready and make sure all things running well for this summer

toxicturtle
10-02-2011, 20:36
Have you tried along the a821 between Callander and Aberfoyle. a few lochs nearby and some wild camping spots, 1 comes to mind no long after leaving aberfoyle on your right hand side. You would see it n know what im talking about, circular cleared and gravelled area. Theres also the riverside carpark in Callander which we used a couple o years ago round about this time of year plus the Forth Inn Hotel in Aberfoyle.

Barbt
11-02-2011, 09:52
Loch Striven - plenty of places to wild camp and fish.
Go to Dunoon and turn left!!

magbrin
11-02-2011, 11:03
Maybe L. Lubnaig, Loch Earn or around Killin (L. Tay) - not sure about distances but lovely places! For the pub - The Lade Inn, Kilmahog, N of Callander.

tom todd
27-02-2011, 19:26
i recommend a spot close to the kings house hotel on rannoch moor. use the old wade road to reach a spot on the other side of the bridge from the hotel. you may see tents already on the place. there is no charge

Ste
05-05-2011, 10:57
The Benmore, Crianlarich, (56.390581,-4.608507 on gm)
This was one of my very last delivery/collections as a courier. (Pinball machine I think).
It was the first of the day @ 7am and I remember telling the owner I'd slept down the road. He said I should of parked in his CP and used his bar.
That was 18 month ago, and it'll prob need confirming again, but if you use his bar I think he'll happy to have you.
I no longer have the tel no.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS