PDA

View Full Version : legal insurance

skoota
18-02-2011, 09:25
Hello, I know there may be other websites for this question but as a subscriber here, I thought I would ask.

We are thinking of going touring / full time for possibly two years and was wondering if anyone knows how I would go about having insurance cover on the campervan ie: being legal!
Initially I would have my home address, but when it's sold how would I stand with the law as regards to insurance checks etc?
I know there are services where I could "hire" an address for a specific time but I'm pretty sure that you have to be living at the address for insurance purposes.
It's all a bit grey to me, it seems there must be a way as people are out there doing it, any help / information is appreciated.

Old_Arthur
18-02-2011, 12:05
try this http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/general-chat/11749-insurance-premium-increases.html

John Thompson
18-02-2011, 12:54
Hello, I know there may be other websites for this question but as a subscriber here, I thought I would ask.

We are thinking of going touring / full time for possibly two years and was wondering if anyone knows how I would go about having insurance cover on the campervan ie: being legal!
Initially I would have my home address, but when it's sold how would I stand with the law as regards to insurance checks etc?
I know there are services where I could "hire" an address for a specific time but I'm pretty sure that you have to be living at the address for insurance purposes.
It's all a bit grey to me, it seems there must be a way as people are out there doing it, any help / information is appreciated.

We are full timing in our motorhome. We have insurance with Comfort Insurance. It is not cheap but you only need a contact address for it. You need a residential address for normal insurance. You also only need a contact address for vehicle documents, licences, or other official documents but not a PO Box address.

John

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS