PDA

View Full Version : North West 200 - struggling to book anywhere

trace1012
20-02-2011, 11:11
Learning the hard way that need to book well in advance to stay anywhere near the North west 200 course. Most camp sites are charging a high price for a whole week, we only want a 3 nights stop over, not buy the camp site.

Still new to camping, how do we get on parking up over night around Portrush / portstewart? Is there a general allowance for numpties that did not plan years ahead??:o

Noah & Nelly
21-02-2011, 17:07
You should be fine overnighting on the coast road, just don't park on the circuit. Port stewart can get a bit lively of an evening as can Portrush and the unofficial campsites. If you want a bit more peace try further round the coast at Portballintrae. I have found that the locals are very tolerant on race week and I don't think you will have any problems. Cheers Jim.

livvylass
26-03-2011, 17:55
Hi,

I live on the North West 200 course in Portrush about 150 yards up from Metropole corner on the Coleraine Road straight and am renting out my driveway. There is room on my driveway for 2x motorhomes (complete with a nice 16ft wide enterance) if you need somewhere to park.

Most of the official sites are booked out within days or by regulars who book every year.

You can see the bikes coming down past Glenvale and braking for the Metropole corner from my drive.

Let me know if interested.

Apparition
17-04-2011, 19:08
Hi livvylass
not sure how to private message on this forum but my husband and his Dad are looking for a motorhome spot and wondered if your drive was still available.

Thanks
Apps

Seamus McQuaid
14-04-2015, 22:05
Hi,

I live on the North West 200 course in Portrush about 150 yards up from Metropole corner on the Coleraine Road straight and am renting out my driveway. There is room on my driveway for 2x motorhomes (complete with a nice 16ft wide enterance) if you need somewhere to park.

Most of the official sites are booked out within days or by regulars who book every year.

You can see the bikes coming down past Glenvale and braking for the Metropole corner from my drive.

Let me know if interested.:sleep-040:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS